Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
The deadline for another job is tomorrow, and I will apply. I have no desire for this job that is advertised, but I want to leave the college so badly now, at this point, that I will apply.<p>State budget cuts has caused all new funding for non-profit agencies to be cut 50%. That means there will not be any new jobs in our area, in the non-profit world (which is the world that I work in.) <p>Before these budget cuts, the jobs in the non-profit world were open sometimes only every couple of years. It has been since 1999 since we lost the funding for the refugee resettlement job that I did. (That is why I took a volunteer position in 2000 for 12 months.) So, the outlook for a job that interests me is very bad.<p>I do not want to stay at the college, it is just causing too much stress. I really don't think I can hang in there till February, when my contract is up. It isn't the work-load that is causing stress, it is the way that they have treated me.<p>I think the stress has caused my thyroid to act up - heart palpitations, have lost some weight, and I have been shaking all over for about a month now. I couldn't even address Christmas cards nice and neatly; my hands are constantly shaking.<p>I guess I am in limbo for now - there isn't much I can do about changing jobs, and it would be stupid to quit this job - by Feb. I should qualify for unemployment when my contract ends. <p>I just hope that my mental outlook and my stress can be managed until then, or by some miracle - a job opens up.<p>Can you keep me in your prayers? <p>All this stress isn't being helped by my husbands attitude, either. He has been lovebusting for quite some time now, pretty badly. I have pretty much withdrawn from him - self preservation. <p>TnT

N
N
Oh TnT,<p>You are certainly in my prayers! <p>I know how those colleges can be, and I CAN'T BELIEVE they didn't even interview you. POLITICS!!!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I'm also sorry about your H being a poopie-head. Like you need that right now, huh?<p>And I will also keep your health in my prayers... <p>You've got a full plate, my friend, more than you deserve, that's for darned sure!<p>Let us know how it goes at the interview for the job you kinda/sorta want/need... all I know is that you need to work, and to do something WORTHWHILE -- as this job was!!! <p>Oh... this just stinks... <p>Hugs,
Sheryl<p>[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: new_beginning ]</p>

L
L
{{{{tnt}}}}}}
February isn't that far away. Would it be possible to take a yoga class soon? It does wonders for stress. May I suggest that you unceremoniously topple job stress out of the top rung on the ladder? And put self care in its place? My whole family tends to stress themselves into frenzies. The effects can be debilitating as you well know. This is the time to focus on your faith and make sure you have lots of it. For me, it's the ONLY thing that keeps the stress at bay. <p>Last July a friend steered a job lead my way. If I saw the job advertised in a paper, it wouldn't interest me in the slightest. My workplace and coworkers are wonderful people, and it's a pleasure to be there each day. It's a job that's easy for me, not challenging, and just what I need right now as I reconstruct myself. That job interview you have tomorrow might not be what you want career wise, but it could offer just what you need right now. Pray the prayer of Jabez. Expand your horizons. Be prepared for things you don't expect. God knows what's best for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. I know stress all too well. My stress first aid kit includes listening to my local Christian radio. They're on the web at www.kbnj.org. Anytime I feel under attack, I find protection in the air waves. Hope it helps you too.

P
P
Hi TnT,<p>
Sorry I am late in replying. I wish everyting will go well for you. <p>God, <p>Please lift up TnT. She feels the pressures and frustrations of being in a hostal environemt. Please give her peace and serinety.<p>In Jesus' name.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation