Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#356440 03/23/02 07:06 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I am a newbie. I was searching for a site to help deal with turmoil and stumbled upon this. I only thought we had trials until I began to read some of the other postings.
We will be married for 17 years in May and have both worked hard to keep our commitment. We have been blessed with 2 children and a stable marriage.
My h lost his job recently and was offered 2 new positions. Both would mean we would have to relocate. We have relocated many times in our 17 yrs of marriage to advance his career. I have always gone along with him as I am a nurse and never have difficulty finding a job. Some of the moves have been fun and exciting but I am dreading starting over again... This will make the 6th move if we go. We have been here for 2 years. He has not been happy since we have been here and would like to return to the state we moved from. (We were at our last residence for 9 Years, so moving here was difficult )
I have been praying for God's will and God's hand in this. Sometimes it is hard to wait for the answer's though. My children seem upbeat and positive about moving but my family thinks I am nuts to continue to move for him.
I was searching for some biblical answer and so far all I can come up with is:
It's not my job to fix him it is just my job to love him.
any advice???

#356441 03/24/02 12:13 AM
S
S
Exactly my sister in Christ. You got it! Our job is to honor the position that our husbands are in and to be thankful that we don't have to be held responsible for all that they do. This however does not mean that we are doormats or that we have no input into important things. If you moved back to the other state, would you be able to reconnect with friends from the 9 years that you lived there?<p>If your children are okay with the move, that would have been the biggest obstacle for me... I guess we are to listen to the advice of peers but we must remember that the advice they give us muust be in accordance with God's word, so if someone is encouraging you to rebel or not move...how biblical is it? Think in those terms. Moving is very hard I agree and I have a dear sister who has moved many times before and she says that she tends to push people away and not let them get close to her because it hurts so much to leave them when they move. It took over a year before she let me into her life. <p>I will be praying for wisdom for you. Pro. 19:11 is my favorite verse, I am in awe that in using wisdom, we will gain patience to endure it.

#356442 05/08/02 10:11 PM
S
S
xxx

<small>[ June 02, 2004, 02:24 AM: Message edited by: skye ]</small>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation