Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Dear ladies of this section of the forum,

This little boy is missing. His parents made an appearance on CNN and requested that everyone send his pictures or web site to all they know. This board of ours has so many members I decided here was a good place to post it.

If we could bump this up to the top every single day until this precious little boy is found! I know his parents would be forever grateful. I'm sure you will all lift this family up in prayer. This is one of every parents worst nightmares. Also please forward that link to anyone you know.

http://www.jahimissing.com/

Thanks so much and much love to all!

God bless,
Samantha

<small>[ February 17, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Samantha * ]</small>

S
S
This is a particularly disheartening as I heard John Walsh say this AM that there are 122 sexual predators registered within close proximity of the park where Jahi was taken from. <p>Oh precious Lord, protect this baby, wrap him in your arms and let him feel the magnitude of your love today, IJN, Amen

T
T
Second Jahi search center opens
More than 100 volunteers sign up <p>By Chet Barfield
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
(Sign-on San Diego.com http://www.uniontrib.com/news/metro/20020509-9999_2m9jahi.html ) <p>May 9, 2002 <p>More than 100 new volunteers from throughout the county signed up yesterday to find 2-year-old Jahi Turner as a second search center opened at the Jackie Robinson YMCA. <p>The Friends of Jahi Recovery Centre, in a multipurpose room at the YMCA, was opened at the request of Jahi's family. <p>"For the first day, I'm impressed," said Susan Nixon, a Logan Heights grandmother who helped coordinate the startup. "We're getting tremendous support." <p>San Diego police reported no new developments in the search for the boy, who was reported missing April 25 by his stepfather, Tieray Jones. <p>The Mountain View center is intended as an alternative to one that had been operating since April 28 in a Moose Lodge in Golden Hill, not far from where Jahi was reported missing. After deploying more than 1,100 searchers over eight days, organizers at the Golden Hill center scaled back their efforts Monday, saying they would focus small teams on specific leads. <p>Yesterday, they said they hope to resume volunteer searches later this week. <p>At the Jackie Robinson YMCA, most of the initial effort yesterday was aimed at compiling names and numbers of people willing to help. A team is being assembled to assign volunteer duties according to skills, Nixon said. <p>The first search teams are expected to be sent out today to areas designated by an assistant with mapping experience, Nixon said. In the meantime, anyone who comes in asking for fliers is welcome to hand them out wherever they want, she said. <p>Businesses and individuals are donating money, food, equipment and services. Restaurateur Carl Davis offered to hold a fund-raiser at his Jamacha eatery. Sunshine Peralta-Horton of El Cajon offered to make T-shirts and organize search teams. <p>Mary Ann Doering of Clairemont came in with her 17-year-old son – and four dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts to share. <p>"I saw that grandma and my heart went out to her," she said, referring to maternal grandmother Penny Thompson's pleas in a Monday night news conference. "I just want to help. I'll go out and look for him myself if they want me to." <p>Mona Dada of La Mesa, who just completed her final exam to graduate from San Diego State University, decided on the spur of the moment to come and help. She wound up answering the phone, which was ringing every few minutes with everything from donations to psychic tips. <p>Volunteers range from teen-agers to great-grandparents. They are black, white, Hispanic and Laotian. "We've got a real rainbow," Nixon said, alluding to critics who contended the center was opened at the YMCA to focus on the black community. <p>The center is expected to be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. In addition to manpower and supplies it needs some basic stuff, such as cell phones and a laptop computer. Additional information is available at (619) 266-3677. <p>Jahi's stepfather reported Jahi missing about 2:30 p.m. on April 25, telling police he had left the child alone at a Balboa Park playground while he went to get a soda from a nearby vending machine. When he returned, Jahi was gone. <p>Police don't believe the story, according to several confidential sources, and doubt the boy was at the park that day. <p>Nixon said she and other supporters believe Jahi is alive. <p>"The people in this community feel very strongly that Jahi is out there," she said. "We're going to return him to his family. <p>"We're going to have one big celebration when he comes home, I tell you that." <p>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chet Barfield: (619) 542-4572; chet.barfield@uniontrib.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation