Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
It's entirely too quiet around here. frstrtd, Sheryl, SueB, Karenna, Paha, hw, samantha, sifted, ... my brain's too fuzzy to list any more. How is everyone? <p>I'll unabashedly solicit some serious comfort here. My 17-year-old cat died yesterday. It really really really hurts to lose her. My separation is more than 3 months old now, and H's efforts toward reconciliation are zero. That hurts too. The bk atty is taking forever to file papers, and my stress is winning out. I'm afraid to make a simple phone call to see what's taking so long. Am I pitiful or what? A piece of good news... I have a solid two weeks into the flylady.net program. I try to give myself credit for my accomplishments, instead of my usual fretting over the mountain of things that need attention. Losing kitty knocked me flat. Ladies, please send out some prayers to pick me up, dust me off, and send me forward a little bit more.

F
F
Hey Lonesome Heart,
So sorry to hear about your kitty!!!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] I can only imagine how much it hurts to lose such a trusted friend and pal. My little buddy/pet is 7 years old and sometimes I think of what it would be like without him - my Angel puppy (I'm a dog person)- and cringe. My heart and prayers and love go out to you. Your dealing with a lot now...don't go into overload...take it easy...one day at a time...breath deep...relax when you can...take a bubble bath...eat well...drink lots of water...cry as much as you want, it cleanses the soul....stay well.<p>God Bless,
Bev

N
N
Hi Hon,<p>Again, big, BIG hugs about your babyface. My Tessy is sleeping next to the heater right now, and I look over at her and think I'd never make it, being alone so much of the time, without her. She's never been outside, ever, and she's like velvet. She's a snot too. She hates everyone but my H and me. Cracks me up! Oh, how I love our fur-faced family. <Need an icon for hugs><p>As an update: I've been busy on the other site, for second wives, and trying like fire to wean away from here. I do good for a day or two, and then come back full-force, only to leave again. <p>God and me haven't been on speaking terms. I'm still upset. Doesn't sit well to come to a Bible study forum and talk about how angry I am with God, so I don't. It isn't God's fault, of course, it's mine. But that doesn't matter. I **can't** seem to find my footing in the prayer rhelm, no matter what I do.<p>Life is going on, same as ever -- no word from immigration yet, no work, finances in HUGE trouble - bankruptcy looming, but can't be done until immigration settles. Just one big ol' mess. <p>But, my H and I are in love, and happy with each other. Thank God for that!! And yes, I do thank God for that... every day.<p>I'd like to hear updates from everyone else too...<p>Much love,

P
P
LH,<p>I am so sorry to hear about your loss. ((((((((((((((((((LH))))))))))))))) I wish I could be there in real life to give you a big hug. I know how tramatic it is to loose a beloved pet. I just want you to know that I am thinking of you all the time. <p>BTW I have bought some gifts for you. I threw the box away without thinking and I need your address. Can you email me: taffneyc@aol.com. Now more than ever I think you will need them to chear you up.<p>Sheryl -- do not worry about your anger with God. It is a phase. Face it we all get angry with our partents at times. This does not mean we do not love them. You will work through it. There was a time I really was angry with God. He and I talked about it. I still get very frustrated but hey...sometimes I just can not see what He sees.<p>OK as for me. I my house is all but sold. I sign the agreement tomorrow. Then I am moving to parts unkown. I have to leave. Tony will never leave me alone. The latest is that I was trying to extort money to drop the criminal case. Ughh...it is a mess and I am tired of it. He is still using his lawyer to harrase me. Now they are lying about me and slandering my name! I have had it. I just refuse to be a victim anymore. Plus there just are no jobs up here. For the small amount of jobs that come on the market 100s of people apply for. I am not kidding. <p>Other than that I am doing fine. I am working through all my issues of the past and starting to see how strong I really am. I still need to work on patience and my temper. But I do think I am getting better. I am trying to improve on me.<p>I was dating for a bit and that was a major mistake. So I stopped. I really need to process all the abuse I went through for five years before I get into a relationship. <p>LH...I am here for you!!!! Just let me know what you need my friend.

S
S
Hi LH,<p>I haven't had time to post...<p>So sorry about your cat - 17 years old?! That is a long time together. Praying for your comfort. As always, the advice is, don't be too hard on yourself. Allow yourself some rests.<p>Didn't mean to send you into a quandry with my last post about "endurance" and bearing under. We each have different situations. Your bearing under might be to keep on moving in the direction you are and making those hard choices. God directs each one of us. One thing we learned this week though that may be encouraging is: the reason we endure discipline (hardship or suffering) is for holiness - to make us holy. <p>"For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, that we may share His holiness." Hebrews 12:10<p>Our discipline (trying circumstance, suffering, trial) yields that which is imperishable - His holiness - if we submit to it and respond in a godly way. So our trials are not in vain - no matter how others who are part of our trials choose to respond.<p>Hope that dusts you off a bit...!<p>[ May 09, 2002: Message edited by: siftedlikewheat ]</p>

T
T
LH<p>((((((((lonesome heart)))))))<p>I am so sorry about you losing your kitty. I haven't had an animal for a good number of years - and I just can't really imagine what it must be like to lose your loving companion.<p>I know cl lost a pet a little bit ago, and I know that she is still grieving. 17 years is a long time, ya know.<p>My mom and dad had this huge "taco bell" dog (my dad said he was a purebred, but he was way too huge....) for 17 years. His name was Toro. We all loved him so much, and miss him. He has been gone for almost a year now - and my mom and dad are still grieving. God sent them a bunch of orphaned cats to take care of - but it still isn't the same for them. <p>I really am sorry about your loss.<p>My update:
H has started the lake house remodel full force. It is completely gutted, everything original is gone except for the studs and basement. We put in all new plumbing, and he is changing the support beams so that we can have a vaulted ceiling. We bought new windows - and a whirlpool tub - hired our electrical contractor - and we are very close to purchasing our cabinets. He has found our drywall contractor - and I've been researching costs, etc. It has been fun. <p>I can't believe it is actually happening. We bought this house on Mothers Day 2000 - mostly because I wanted to move out of this little town (x-wife and x-ow lived here - population 152. too close for comfort for me.) <p>H's X moved 7 miles away. (yippee) Her husband is a plumber - so my H hired him. I was pretty upset about it. But, it has turned out to be a good thing. We have really enjoyed his company, and my husband and him have even gone fishing. H's X's little boy has been coming over to the lake to play with our 9 year old, and they've been really enjoying each other also. <p>Even I have felt like extending an olive branch to X - and it is quite healing! She and I have discussed the need to plan a baby shower for my oldest SD!<p>I am still applying for jobs - praying to get one of them! right now I am applying for these 2: 4-H Coordinator, and Summer Youth Employment Coordinator. Keep me in your prayers, I really need to get a job - and there just aren't jobs here - and when there is - 100 people apply for them.<p>I really am sorry about your kitty, and really don't feel like I have any words that can be comforting to offer you, but please know that I care about you and how you feel - and will be praying for the Lord to comfort you.<p>God bless you, LH.
TNT

B
B
Sorry I am late with this, but as I am pretty sure you are still missing your kitty, I'll let you know I prayed for you. I don't even know what you look like, but I find it so comforting that He does, and He knows each of us.<p>I love kitties, and I think when I retire I'll get one or more!

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you bgentle. Every time I come home I still expect to hear the jingling of the bell on her collar. My heart sinks every time, and it sinks even more when I think of what bad shape she was in toward the end. Otherwise, I'm really doing better than in a long time. For many months I felt like I had more than I could handle. Last month I lost a parttime job. Then my kitty. Amazingly, I'm making ends meet, my garden is looking pretty darn good, my home office is almost tidy, and this weekend I'm spending time with Mom to go through old photos (something we've wanted to do since last November). <p>I've been diligent and persistent over the last year and a half to find contentment in whatever circumstance I find myself. I was briefly separated from my H at the time and was listening to Christian radio regularly. A series was running at the time, focusing on passages from the Bible that say not to worry, not to fret. A few months later one of the shows aired a woman who had survived a concentration camp. It was very moving. Part of the story was of a man who was on his knees in the middle of the camp thanking God. When a fellow prisoner questioned the man, wondering what on earth can you be so thankful for in a place like this? The praying man replied, I thank the Lord that I'm not like them (his captors). <p>At the time I had looked at my own circumstances, thinking they were pretty bleak. Truth is, I have many blessings to be thankful for. I give thanks multiple times daily and find contentment *somewhere* in each and every day. More than a year later, I believe my attitude adjustment has made all the difference in the world. Just tonight I was in the grocery store. I've put in a solid week's work, my bills are paid up, and I still had $50 in the bank to buy groceries. Each time I looked at a person in the store, that person would look back at me with a great big smile. I started wondering if I had big smudge of ink on my face! I went to the sunglasses stand to see if anything was amiss in the mirror. No ink smudges, no cowlicks of hair sticking out. I figured my inner glow is finally visible to the outer world. Smile and the world smiles with you. It may seem simplistic and trite to a person in the depths of despair, but I took the message to heart a long time ago and believe in its power. Works for me! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Thank you ladies for all your replies, support and prayers. I've had a lot of really good days since losing kitty, and I know it's all the good thoughts y'all are sending my way. Each and every one of you is precious.

L
L
Hi LH:<p>I prayed for you. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your pet. Here's prayers for you to be dusted off, picked up, and moved forward. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. <p>Peace and comfort to you, and the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, from God the Father... the Father of Comfort.<p>God bless,<p>Laura

P
P
LH,<p>I remember back when you first started posing over in Emotional Needs. You were for lack of a better word a wreck. Now look at you. I am amazed at how you have handled everything that has come your way.<p>I read the WallStreet Journal at work everyday. In Friday's paper they had a discussion on how people with depression actually did better with therapy in the long term over people who just took the medicine. <p>You may have not had therapy by the normal since...but you have had therapy from a higher power. And it shows. <p>You amaze me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation