Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#359479 02/08/00 10:22 PM
L
OP Offline
L
WS, TNT, SHA, Wexwill, Chris and all the others who I have seen in passing through tonight. <P>It has been sometime since I have posted here and felt that I was in a good spot to do so tonight. I waant to thank everyone who helped me a year ago as I discovered that my H was having an affair. Discovery waas nearly a year ago tonight. My world crashed and I was in danger of suicide or worse. I don't know how clear that was to some of you. But one hand and then another reached out to me. And I decided to fight for my marriage and my life.<P>It took me a couple of months to get the proof I needed and to formulate my plan for confrontation, but I did it. He admitted that he was or had been involved and was looking for a way out of the mess he had gotten into. I told him that he had only to make a choice- her or our marriage. He chose us and we took our first step to recovery. As far as I know he has seen her once since that night and that was very brief. He doesn't seem to have looked back.<P>Today, he treats me very well. I spend as much time as possible with him. That is the reason that I am seldom here. We go to bible study together and he is learning so much. We shop and watch tv and movies and just cuddle.<P>Things aren't perfect but they are so far removed from a year ago that I can only be grateful to God and all of you. Thank you for your help and love and support. I love you all and pray daily for your pain to end and for you to reach this spot.<P>God bless.

#359480 02/09/00 12:11 AM
B
B
Dreamer,<P>I am so glad to see you are doing well.<P>Just keep taking things one day at a time. Oh man now I sound like an AA meeting !<P>I really am glad to see you !<P>------------------<BR>Just call me - Deb<BR>------------------------<BR>The only day I can do anything about is today, yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not yet mine.<P>

#359481 02/09/00 12:41 AM
T
T
Ahhhh! I knew you would be posting a success story....<P>And there is a lot more that you aren't telling!!!<P>All I can say - is that your situation - and your faith in the Lord, has been a reminder to me that God does not leave us or forsake us, and that all things work together for good for those that love the Lord and are called according to his purposes. <P>Thank you, and please post more for the others that don't know your story.<P>God bless,<BR>tnt<P>

#359482 02/09/00 06:03 AM
L
OP Offline
L
nice to hear from you Deb. AA meetings are very much a part of my life now as John has stopped drinking and goes to them. Thank God for he works miracles.<P>TNT- The story is so long and takes so many twists. I am loath to write it all out. Someday I will. Do you think anyone would really read it? <P>Thank you both for responding so quickly. I miss having the time to be here, but.... not the reason that I had so much time. My life is soooo much sweeter thna I ever expected it could be again.<P>The trust is growing. The love is being restored to me. Yes, paarts of this have been pure misery and I thought of giving up so many times, but God waas there with all of you encouraging me to hold on. And it worked. I am one of the lucky ones.<P>Prayers for you. God bless.

#359483 02/09/00 09:18 AM
P
P
dreamer0707,<BR>Bible study is a big plus. Keep God as the center and everything should go well. He will keep you both on track but don't forget that you have your part to do also.<P>Good to know that things are working well for you. I would suggest that you do the questionaires (EN and LB) periodically as a checkup to make sure things are on track. I long for the day when we can get there. <P><P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net

#359484 02/09/00 10:57 AM
W
W
dreamer<BR>So glad to hear things are still positive.<BR>I think of you often. Thanks for updating us.<BR>my prayers are always with you!!!

#359485 02/09/00 11:04 AM
P
P
Hello Dreamer:<P>I am relatively new here, but please do post more about your history. Most of us here are starved for success stories. They give us hope for our own futures.<P>Congratulations on your recovery!!<P>Peppermint

#359486 02/09/00 09:08 PM
L
L
wow, so good to see a success story! glad you are doing so well, and thanks for telling us. <P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://refmaker.svwh.net/members/joolstag.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://refmaker.svwh.net/members/joolstag.shtml</A>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,183 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation