Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
1. Tried a new color of eyeshadow and new mascara - Maybelline Thick and Soft. My eyes looked really pretty and I'm having a good hair day too.<P>2. Some guys in a truck rolled the windows down and waved at me while we were stuck in traffic. Not that I really care about other guys, but you have to admit it feels good to be noticed, even if they were bored and probably already (or stil) semi-intoxicated. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. By the way, they were waving and smiling, not flipping me off and cussing at me about my driving, I promise.<P>3. Being extremely productive at work today(okay, okay, at the moment I'm not because I'm chatting on the forum), but will get productive agian in just a minute.<BR>

J
J
Things that made me feel good (so far) today:<P>1. I got a phone call from my grandma (REALLY early!). [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>2. Early this morning, I was sprawled on the floor doing homework and my dog came up to me and attacked me with doggie kisses while he bounced around wagging his tail. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>3. My husband told me that I was beautiful last night (okay, so, that didn't happen today, but it made me feel so good that the impact is still here so it SEEMS like it happened today)...does that count?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>4. A guy in one of my college classes (he's 20...I'm 28) confessed that, when he saw me in one of our other classes last semester, he thought that I was his age and was going to ask me out...LOL! He also said that when he saw me walk into the room and take the seat in front of him he was thinking, "Whoah...there's a beautiful girl...and she's sitting by ME!" The guy confessed this in front of our female lab partners, so it's not like we were isolated and he was "putting the moves on me"...I've got my guard up!! LOL I had a good laugh that such a young guy would even look twice at an old "grandma" like me. I told my husband about everything that the guy had said. My husband said, "See, I TOLD you that I didn't marry an ugly girl." [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>5. I got a phone call from a new friend. (female) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>6. I got a card in the mail from an old friend. (female) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'd say I've had an all around good day so far!<P>Thanks for the chance to share POSITIVE THINGS!<P>Jill<p>[This message has been edited by Jill (edited February 23, 2000).]

S
S
I've managed to knock out a couple of tough projects at work, find time to chat, post on the boards, and actually eat something, too. I'm taking the afternoon off. LOL<P>------------------<BR>Allen<BR>sparky_dog_mb@yahoo.com

A
A
1. People on this board are EXTREMELY kind-hearted and supportive. Don't know where I'd be if I hadn't found this place.<P>2. Made it thru another day (so far) resisting the urge to pick up the phone and call him, saying I made a huge mistake and I don't want it to end. *patting self on back*<P>3. Having a good hair day!

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
There weren't very many people feeling any ego boosts yesterday, so let's try again today.<P>HUM........<BR>Let me see.........<BR>Well..........<BR>Maybe.....nah.....<P>I GOT IT!!!!!<P>I still fit into my pants this morning, in fact, they were a little too loose so I haven't gained any weight/inches, even though I don't get to go to the gym much anymore due to more hours at work. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com].<P>Sometimes, you have to look real hard.<P>OH, here's another one!!!<P>While going up the elevator, a man flirted with me, got flustered and even tripped and stepped on my foot. Not very charming, but sort of complimentary. <P>I noticed my reflection in the elevator door and thought to myself "I'M ME", not very philisophical, but let me explain. I'm not only Mrs. *******, I'm not only my children's Mom, I'm not just the Secretary/Office Manager/Supply Manager/Receptionist/Communications Expert/Computer Fixer/Coffee Maker/Bill Payer of the office I work for. I'm Me Essyboo. I'm a young woman that guys still find the urge to flirt with. I'm a woman that can do so much that there is always something someone wants me to do. I'm a woman that knows what needs to be done to make it to heaven. I'm a lot. <P>It was a good feeling.

T
T
Let's see....ummmm...I called H on his cell phone and he actually talked without *****ing about my costing him money by calling his cell phone!<BR>2. My 18 month old ALMOST let me finish doing her hair without having a hissy fit!<BR>3. My hoopty (piece of junk car) started this morning!<BR>4. Last night, H and I enjoyed watching a movie TOGETHER, movie brought back old times. <BR>5. I have managed to NOT due anywork for almost 2 hours now!! YIPPEE!<BR>6. The MB site was up and running with no message saying "repairs being done on site, check back later"!(i feel so lost when that happens).

S
S
My ego boost is that I have finally come to the conclusion that if my marriage does not work, then I will be ok. That revelation has taken a huge weight off of my shoulders, allowing me to relax and concentrate on meeting my wifes emotional needs and not LB.

S
S
Well, mine was kinda interesting. I had my hair cut REALLY short and lightened. I am now blonde with a tinge. Got contacts as well.<P>All the girls seem to like it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] It was a surprise to my kids as well as my W. <P>I am starting to live my life for me, knowing that I can move on. It's just that I dont' really want to (but I sorta do [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Fun FUn Fun<P>J

B
B
A shirt that used to be snug on me hung loosely today, and when I looked at myself in the mirror I thought finally my figure is coming down to the point where it accentuates my breasts nicely.<P>Somebody two days ago said they could tell I had lost weight because I had no butt. <P>My husband smiled at me. He touched my bare back last night. That's certainly one way to feel attractive.

B
B
Oh...and I looked at the Sports Illustrated "Swim suit" edition and didn't feel bad about myself. <P><BR>Hoooraaaayyyyyy!!!

S
S
I'm starting to get an attitude again. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I was scowling around this morning cause work is sucking, and someone gave me the "It takes 42 muscles to frown, but only 23 to smile" BS, so I just looked at them and said it also only takes 4 muscles to extend my middle finger and tell the world to F*** Off! That just seemed to improve my mood dramatically. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>Allen<BR>sparky_dog_mb@yahoo.com

E
Essyboo Offline OP
OP Offline
E
The sun is out here in my part of the the world. I can't wait to put my garden in and work in the yard all weekend.

J
J
I recieved this from a friend it really made me feel good I have tried to shrae this on another post(Ladies (gents too) please have a look here) but only Jo responded so I'll try this way (It is positive anyway)<P>Women have strengths that amaze men.<BR>They carry children, they carry hardships, they carry<BR>burdens,<BR>but they hold happiness, love and joy.<BR>They smile when they want to scream.<BR>They sing when they want to cry.<BR>They cry when they are happy and laugh when they are<BR>nervous.<P>Women wait by the phone for a "safe home call" from<BR>a friend or relative after a snowy drive home.<P>Women have special qualities about them. <BR>They volunteer for good causes.<BR>They are pink ladies in hospitals, they bring food to<BR>the shut ins.<BR>They are childcare workers, executives, attorneys,<BR>stay- at- home Moms,<BR>biker babes and your neighbors.<BR>They wear suits, jeans and they wear uniforms.<BR>They fight for what they believe in.<BR>They stand up for injustice.<BR>They are in the front row at PTA meetings.<BR>They vote for the person who will do the best job for<BR>family issues.<P>Women walk the extra mile to get their<BR>children in the right <BR>schools and for getting their family the right health<BR>care.<P>They write to the editor, their congressmen and to the<BR>"powers that be" for things that make for a better<BR>life.<P>They don't take "no" for an answer when they believe<BR>there is a better soloution.<P>Women stick a love note in their husband's lunch box.<BR>They do without new shoes so their children can have<BR>them.<BR>They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.<BR>they love unconditionally.<P>Women are honest, loyal and forgiving.<BR>They are smart, knowing that knowledge is power,<BR>but they still know how to use their softer side to<BR>make a point.<P>Women want to be the best for their family, their<BR>friends and themselves.<BR>They cry when their children excel and cheer when their<BR>friend get awards.<P>Women are happy (or cry) when they hear about a birth<BR>or a new marriage.<BR>Their hearts break when a friend dies.<BR>They have sorrow at the loss of a family member, yet<BR>they are strong when they think there is no strength<BR>left.<P>A womens touch can cure any aliment.<BR>They know that a hug and a kiss can heal a broken<BR>heart.<BR>She can make a romantic evening unforgetable.<P>Women come in all sizes, in all colours and all shapes.<BR>They live in homes, apartments and cabins.<BR>They drive, fly, walk, run or email you to show how<BR>much they care about you.<P>The heart of a women is what makes the world spin!<P>Women do more than just give birth.<BR>They bring joy and hope.<BR>They give compassion and ideals.<BR>They give moral support to their family and friends.<P>All they want back is a hug, a smile, and for you to do<BR>the same to people you come into contact with.<P>Women have a lot to say and a lot to give.<BR>The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears,<BR>the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her <BR>hair.<BR>The beauty of a women must be seen from her eyes,<BR>because<BR>that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love<BR>resides.<BR>The beauty of a women is not a facial mole, but true<BR>beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.<BR>It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion<BR>that she shows,<BR>and the beauty of a woman with passing years only<BR>grows !!!<P>Jenny [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> <P>------------------<BR>Where have all the cowboys gone ?<BR>Paula Cole<P><BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation