Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
RWD Offline
R
Jim,<P>Glad to hear you're doing alright! She your kids do know wrong from right and they didn't need your w to help them.<P>Be strong in the PSH. You are in my prayers!<P>Bob

S
S
Hey Jim,<P>Count me as another one who was wondering where you've been. In fact, I was just thinking this week that the board's not quite the same without you. Not, that I wish for anybody to have to be here. But, you are definitely a bright spot.<P>You know, I read somewhere that there is an indirect relationship between guilt and anger. In order for our minds to deal with the guilt, we fabricate anger towards those we have harmed. It's just another form of self-rationalization. So, for your wife to be expressing so much anger can only mean that she is on quite a guilt trip.<P>I think she's going to be sadly surprised to find that once the divorce is final, the guilt will still be there. Then, who will she direct the anger towards?<P>My guess is OM.<P>Anyway, welcome back. Glad you're safe and sound minus one small body part!

N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you...<P><B>already divorced, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>woozy, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Nellie, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>jamie-lee, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>my3kids, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Tulip, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Bill, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>~Sheryl, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>hopefull_1, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Peg, [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Guard, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>Fiancee, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>Nicole, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>Tim, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>Dylan, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>db713, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>Murphy, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>Lu, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>falsely accused, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>Bob, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>sidney, [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]</B><P>I though of <B>all</B> of you and everyone else on the board while I was gone.<P>Your words are always kind and supportive and cheer up a tired spirit!<P>Once this medication wears off I'll be in better shape to offer what I can to the board more often.<P> [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<BR>Jim

R
R
Hi Jim and thank you for your prayers for me tonight.<P>How do you manage to always seem so upbeat? I'm afraid that I have tried too long and am now too tired? Some magic elixer perhaps? I'm very thankful for your kind and sage advice and am continually bouyed by your seeming good spirits......Ah, maybe that's the key.....God, and your Faith. <P>Did they give you a bikini scar? Mine healed really quickly - of course I was only 18 then. I named my app. Huey, or was that Whewey?

Y
Y
I'm glad that you are back Jim, and really hope that you are feeling better. My prayers and thoughts are with you. furthermore...<P>((((((((((((((JIM))))))))))))))))<P>big manly bearhug. (It's a cyber-hug, so it won't hurt yer tum.)<P>and also<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>(random smiles of well wishing)<P>Deut

S
SDS Offline
S
Jim,<P>Have missed you and wondered where you were. So sorry to heear the you great vacation with the kids ended with you in the hospital. You have ever right to proud of them. I would tell you to pat yourself on the back but that would be to painful. Glad to hear that you are up and around now.<P>I will be praying for you on Tuesday and will say an extra prayer for you in the morning. Take care of yourself and those great kids.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs to you all}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>------------------<BR>di<P>

N
N
HI NSR,<P>Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about your appendicitis. I'm late getting to you...I've been off-line for 9 days. I'll be praying for you. Take care of yourself!

N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
<B>RCoaster</B>...<BR>Thank you... <BR>you yourself are going through hell now... but you said it to me...<B>that's the key.....God, and your Faith</B>! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>Deut</B>...<BR>The personal message(post) was nice too... <BR>Yes... still blurry eyed this morning... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P><B>Di</B>...<BR>I'm sorry for the turmoil in your life...<BR>I'm going to church in an hour... prayers for you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>NoTrust</B>...<BR>Out of commission... the both of us!<BR>Prayers... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>-----------------------------<P>Thanks again <B>everyone</B>!<P>Jim [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by NSR (edited February 27, 2000).]

B
B
Hi Jim,<P>it's 10.30 am here on Tuesday 29th. I know its still Monday night for you, but I have butterflies for you, knowing what you must be feeling right now, and knowing what you have to face tomorrow.<P>I'm sorry to hear about your hospital stay - were the nurses good to you??? I'm glad you'll be on the mend by now. I must admit to being another who was wondering where you were. We should have known something was up. We'll know in future !!!<P>Your children sound fantastic - they have certainly been brought up the right way. No doubts tho, when you consider their father.<P>I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you, and wishing you were here, because then it would at least be half over for you. !!!!<P>Take care, and you are in my prayers.<P>love and hugs to you<P>Jo

R
R
Jim,<P>I am glad things ended up OK. YEAH for those GREAT kids!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My H and I are working on our own property settlement. he keeps changes the "rules" on me..I wonder if we will EVER get this settled! He was here last Thursday, then tonight to work on this and now has to come back again Wed night. It just shouldn't be so hard to separate assets!<P>Still praying for you daily! Glad you at least got to enjoy the ski trip part!<P>Hugs....Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

T
T
<B>Appendix, ah? Alright already- time to work <g></B><P>Now seriously- I was wondering if you had fell off the wagon with the divorce procedures- no wonder you weren't posting. I am glad that you have such great children [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] hmmm... thinking that in a way they just gave life to their father [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Don't worry so much about you (almost ex) W; she probably feels that if you see too much concern in her eyes you'll have false hopes (sorry). Most likely she is somewhat worried but can't show it.<P>Kids & betrayer spouses are amazing in very different ways: [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>Yesterday (Sunday) my D was visiting my (also almost ex) W's parents in the condo the have here when from the window she spotted a tiny column of smoke coming out from one of the condos downstairs- she told her "OMA" who in turn called security and the FIRE was put out in a snap. Almost everybody was by the pool and nobody else had seen it!!! She saved at least some good and probably even some lives [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Also yesterday my (OK- I'll still call her that) W took her mom to a show by a musician who wants to perform in a benefit organized by the Club of which my... W is the upcoming President. I knew about her almost imminent election by chance when the then almost imminent new president left her husband and moved to NY; I knew about the show when the guy came to our office and invited us BOTH; she never said a word until I asked her "it was OK". Anyway she swears that she's still my friend so I have no reason to complain, right? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>So Jim, be happy for the kids you have, and regarding your... W, well <B>she has to learn her lessons</B> and you have to learn yours- you are doing it & hopefully she will too.<P>Welcome back!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] <P>Alex<P>------------------<BR><B>Live fully and always learn</B>

N
N
Jim,<P>Hope you're feeling somewhat better by now. <P>Had to pass along an idea that you might consider for the B-day gift. I used to have my kids do some little extra jobs around the house for a few extra dollars. Then I'd take them to our local 99cent store with their money to pick out a gift. No help from me,, just whatever they thought the recipient might like. Whether they picked out a special cup or a pen or a figurine, whatever they decided on, it was their choice. Not alot of money wasted (incase it was a silly choice [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]) and they sometimes picked out something amazingly meaningful. I still have some of the things they chose on shopping trips for me. Some of my favorite keepsakes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Jim, <BR>So glad you are ok...I was on my annual "girls trip" to Scottsdale and just got back last night....was surprised to read your post and I am so happy that you are doing well. I will be thinking about you today and hoping things go well (as well as can be expected). Take care guy!!<P>------------------<BR>Susan<P><BR>

D
D
Jim,<P>Got to this post after I read and replied to LisaM's request for you. Now I know about the surgery and I am so glad to hear you are doing much better on that score. What a close call. And since this had to happen thank goodness you had your kids with you to help and be a comfort. They sound so wonderful. <P>Sorry to hear about the W's reaction. And I am thinking about what you will be facing today and praying for you. You know we are all pulling for you and God is keeping watch over you in all this. I know sometimes we don't understand why things work out the way they do but God has something better in store even if it doens't seem that way to us at the time. Best of luck to you during all this and the prayers are being sent. <BR>

N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
<B>Jo</B>,<P>Thanks for your concern…<BR>I'll have a post of my own later updating everyone on the court stuff (basically a non-event) and the rest of my life…<P>The nurses were nice, and very apologetic as the kept taking blood and adjusting the IVs!… several times a day!<BR>My kids are great… I don't know how I could live without them (as my W is.)<BR>I miss your posts… I know you've grown through this… but the pain remains all too often for us all.<BR>My love… [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>Desiree</B>…<BR>This property settlement junk s$cks big time. My W and I had so much of it set in August… and now it's down the tubes (influence of OM… although he of course says no… what else is new?!)<BR>Prayers always welcome… [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>Alex</B>…<BR>I'm glad your keeping your sense of humor up… that is so important!<BR>Oh… so right about the <B>eyes</B>!!!<BR>Thanks for the welcome back… [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>Nerlycrzy</B>…<BR>Thanks for the idea… I do go there (99¢ store often)… but their mom just loves calgon bubble bath… and that's all she wants from them on their own (took them shopping for her own gifts… it's OK I guess)… She's usually into music boxes… any kind… I'm going to try to get the kids to give her on on next visitation.<BR>Thank you for your concern too… [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>Susan</B>…<BR>Thank you too… [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Hey… how about a "philosophical" post every once in a while… The # of divorces here on the forum is going up… (I soon too may be counted among them…I'm sure I'll have my 2 to contribute then.)<BR>How are you doing?…<BR>I'm still praying for you, you know! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><B>devastated2</B>…<BR>Yes… kids are the greatest!<BR>And you know what prayers mean to me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR><B>Everyone</B>…<BR>You are all so kind and there are other posts to me I will respond to as soon as I get a chance… I'll explain why I can't respond too quickly in my own later today… [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>A hundred shining angels from this forum…<BR>…are shining down on me…<BR>I am humbled…<BR>I <B>am</B> loved… [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

P
P
{{{{{{{{JIM}}}}}}}}}<P>It's great to have you back! We were wondering what happened to you!<P>Glad to hear you are feeling better! You have some wonderful children!<P>Thoughts are with you!<BR>--purplemag

L
L
{{{{{{{{Jim}}}}}}}<P>I have not read all the 35 replies before me,but it is obvious you have a lot of friends here.<P>I am SO sorry to hear about your appendix. Thank God you got to the hospital in time. I hope you are recovering well from that.<P>I am saying a special prayer for you today with your meeting and court. I hope all goes well for you. When you are feeling better I wanted to check with you on a site for dads in your predicament, because a good friend of mine is looking for father's rights and I bet you know some places on the web.<P>Good luck , God Bless, Be Strong and I pray that your court goes well. <P>Dana<BR>

R
R
Jim,<P>Prayers go out for you and all here each and every day!!!!! They are still coming....<P>How are the eyes today??<P>Desiree<P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation