Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#367402 03/09/00 02:01 AM
F
Fiancee Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hi folks!<P>Well, I got good news and I have great news. So let me fill you in on the scoop.<P>As you know my man and I met over a year ago (him in London and I in Colorado). We had our struggles and the affair. We managed to stay in contact with each other and continue communicating. I feel it is this power of NOT giving up that worked. Anyway, he and the OW had a house together (she was in financial trouble and he bought into it to help her out). You can just imagine the struggles and LBing we did. <P>The first of this year, we began to talk more about US. I had found this site and told him about it. You see, his ex-wife (married to her for 11 years and divorced for about the same now) had an affair on him. So he has been on both sides of the fence so to speak. I told him to come here, post and seek objective views and help. So he said he would give it a whirl. I was very proud of him that he did. At the same time, I was posting also. I did not want to post on his posts because it seemed like a war zone then (just my view point).<P>Anyway, as soon as he posted, a few new faces came on board. Who? Well there was ‘moving on’, ‘judith’, and ‘light’. It took me about a minute to figure ‘moving on’ out. And I had a darn good hunch about the other two. I was very VERY upset! I called my man that night and fumed over the phone to him. I was not angry or upset with him and I told him this. He listened and listened and listened. After I calmed down, I told him that he was the only person I wanted to share this news with. He was glad he was able to be there for me (even through the he** we put each other through already). What was the news? ‘Moving on’ IS the OW! In time she blew it and sure enough ‘judith’ was her too! (as for light? Who knows and who cares at this point) My man just couldn’t believe how manipulative and deceiving she is. So about a week ago, she started telling him that she knew things he didn’t know she knew. So he continued to question her and sure enough he got a confession! When he told me this on the phone last Friday, he was not happy with her it all.<P>So here is the good news. My man and I are back to US! Yep, we are in recovery! The great news is that I am picking him up at the airport tomorrow! Wooo Hooo! So for those who are married and having a struggle, here is another success story of a couple who was just engaged a month or so before the affair. And folks, WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT! <P>Just had to share my news with you! You will all remain in my prayers and thoughts. I thank you for coming around and being the ANGELS that you are. I will be back and dropping in from time to time… checking up on the stories. I pray that everyone who WANTS a success story in his or her relationship will RECEIVE one. Just don’t give up and ALWAYS ALWAYS communicate, NO MATTER WHAT! You are the best!<BR>

#367403 03/09/00 02:10 AM
B
B
Fiancee, <BR>I am very glad to hear your wonderful news and I know it is possible and hope my day happens very soon. One thing I have learned from the past is to by all means keep incontact with this board, site or some other form. I made the mistake thinking we could do it all on our own the last time he came back and when he comes back again I plan on having some support behind me.<P>Good Luck in Recovery!!<P>Pam

#367404 03/09/00 02:13 AM
F
Fiancee Offline OP
OP Offline
F
THANKS PAM!<P>I will do just that! If things get a bit sticky, I will be right here for your help.<P>Thanks for the suggestion... and it is a DARN good one too!<P>I am just so giddy right now... like a little girl with her hand in the cookie jar! Yippee!

#367405 03/09/00 10:00 AM
M
M
Sounds wonderful....good luck. Kepp us updated from time to time.<P>May you both find true happiness and love in each other<BR>Nancy

#367406 03/09/00 10:27 AM
T
T
WHAT A MINUTE, I AM CONFUSED! I have just read fiancee's posts, and the post's of Moving On, Judith and Light. Now let me get this straight. He was living with Moving on in a different country, you guys meet online, start an EA and SHE is the OW? Someone is NOT TELLING THE TRUTH here! She(MV, JUDITH & LIGHT) says she has been sharing him with you for a year and that you met him online. So is the story, he was living with her, met you, had EA w/you, now he has left her and is coming to be with you? Is this correct?

#367407 03/09/00 10:31 AM
V
V
Hi Fiancee,<P>Like you I met my h on the Internet and he is from the UK too. We did the whole flying back and forth thing for a year before we got married. MCI, BT and British Airways should have sent us a wedding present! Last Sunday was our 4th wedding anniversary. It's been a bumpy road but I think we are getting the hang of this, with a LOT of help from this site.<P>If you ever want to talk about the trials and tribulations (or joys and triumphs [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] ) of being married to a Brit you met on the 'Net my mailbox is always open. <P>best wishes,<P>Jodi<BR>jodi@board-stiff.com<BR>

#367408 03/10/00 03:19 AM
F
Fiancee Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Goooooood Helloooooooooooo!<P>Yes, we are incredibly happy together. Our meeting and reunion has been unbelievable!<P>Nancy: Thanks for you kind words. Yes, we both want life long happiness.<P>T24G: I am sorry you got confused. Let me see if I can straighten it out a bit. I met Allen in a chat room in July 98. Our relationship grew and we admitted our feelings for each other. We were both single and uninvolved with anyone else. We decided to meet in Dec 98. I flew to London. He proposed the day I arrived and I accepted. I flew back to the states and started legal processes to get him here. His affair began in Feb/March 99. I learned of the affair in May 99, but was told it was over and only lasted for March. I was told it meant nothing to him. July 99 I learned that he helped her financially by buying into her home so that she would not loose it. The house was for sale and he was going to make a profit from it. August 99, the OW called me. Life became he**. We continued to communicate. Dec 99 the affair ended with no feeling from Allen for the OW. He said he wanted US. So we proceeded onward. He is now here with me and we are moving forward with our life together. Hope that helps.<P>We are going to spend some quality time together. Allen wants to read Dr Hs books and other books I have purchased. We both want recovery and hope that we are able to get through this together. Our goal is still marriage and for a life time. So please keep your prayers and love coming our way.<P>Jodi: Thanks for your response. I will be in contact with you soon. I think we could share lots together. I am so in love with this Brit that my heart is just overwhelmed at times. I know I could use your support. Thanks Mi$$ions in advance. Keep an eye out, I’ll be emailing you soon.<P>I will be back and keep you updated on our progress. Thank you to everyone who understands. My prayers and thoughts are with you always.<P>Janette<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

#367409 03/10/00 07:22 AM
J
J
Hi Janette<BR>I don't know I tend to agree with t24g, somthing is very fishy here !! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] The way I see it YOU are the other women, have you even bothered to think how Moving On feels to all of this? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] How can you except a marriage proposal on the first "date"? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] From a man you have only ever corresponded with before? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Personally I wish you luck I really think that you will need it !! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Jen <P>------------------<BR>Where have all the cowboys gone ?<BR>Paula Cole

#367410 03/10/00 04:28 PM
T
T
Thanks Jendan, i was hoping I wasn't the only one that smelled a rat!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation