Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#368558 03/13/00 07:14 PM
G
Guard Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Yesterday Lor gave me the paperwork for the divorce. She has lost almost all of her hope. I have repented to God, to Lori, and to my children for what I have done. I have received forgivenss from God through Jesus Christ, and from one of my Daughters. I have felt the spirit moving me for several weeks now, I have given my will up to God's hands and he has directed my path. There is nothing else left for me to do but remain prayerful that God will work in Lori.<P>God give me strength to do your will and what is right.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Guard (edited March 13, 2000).]

#368559 03/13/00 07:44 PM
S
S
Guard,<P>I am praying and hoping. I wish I had more up lifting advise. In the meantime know I care! <P>------------------<BR><B>God bless you and all of us. We are all going to make it, all of us! With God on our side we can't lose. What God has joined together let no man put asunder. <P>Samantha</B>

#368560 03/13/00 07:52 PM
P
P
Kevin,<BR>I am soory to read that she sees that there is no hope. Yet, I wouldn't give up. Even thought the divorce may go through there is still hope that you may reconcile. It is our duty out of love for God, our spouses, our children, and last but not least for ourselves to reconcile because it is God's will that we do so.<P>I know duty is a strong word but it fits. When we love unconditionally as Jesus taught us when He died on the cross for our sins, we always seek the other person's best interest event though from a worldly perspecitve we lookas we are being a doormat. In God's eyes we are being HIs obedient children.<P>It's not over until we die and can't do anything about it. The other over is if she were to remarry before you could reconcile.<P>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net

#368561 03/13/00 11:12 PM
W
W
Kevin, <P>I am still praying for you! I know it must be hard for your wife to find it in her heart to give you a chance. I hope that through prayer she will find the courage to give it a try and work it out. Hang in there! Thanks to you for all your prayers also! <P>Woozy

#368562 03/14/00 08:22 AM
K
K
Guard,<P>I wish you were my H. I am still wanting our marriage to work, but he's completely oblivious. What's happening to you is where we are headed. By the time my H figures it all out, I'll be past the point of caring. I'm sorry for your pain. I feel we all must live our lives the best we can. Some things are just not meant to be. That's how I'm feeling nowadays. I think there is no hope for my marriage and it hurts, but I've got to move on. Maybe you should do the same. Find something to focus on and move towards it. I am going back to school this fall to major in anthropology...something I've always wanted to do. The hope is that I will be too busy to be depressed or sad. My thoughts are with you.<P><P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com

#368563 03/14/00 08:31 AM
G
Guard Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Blessed Samantha, Thanks for the prayers. I prayed last night for your situation, and put you on my prayer list. Man, that list has gotten long since I came to this board. God answers our prayers, and will work his way in our lives. He gives us comfort and strength to carry on.<P>Rob, I'm not giving up. I have a strong faith that God can still work in our marriage, and make it 100 times more beautiful than ever before. Yes, my duty is clear, and my path is straight. I made Lori a door mat during my affair and depression. That will take some time to heal. I remain steadfast in my committment. <P>Woozy, I do take strength from your prayers and from your committment to your H and your marriage, and to the Lord.<P>Take Care, Kevin<P>

#368564 03/14/00 11:23 AM
S
S
Guard: My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Things will get better so do what I do, find the nearest monkey bars and hang on! I thought I give you a bit of humor.(smile)

#368565 03/14/00 11:36 AM
Y
Y
Kevin,<P>I'll stand with you brother. Similarly, it took my wife leaving for me to recognize myself. She believes it is too late. I know that part of the problem in our marriage is the abandonment of her father, now I've only confirmed to her that men can't be trusted. <P>I have also felt the amazing grace that God gives to a repentant heart. I am being healed of a sex addiction, with roots to shame experienced as a young boy. I'm now convinced that my W is just as caught up in shame as I was.<P>I feel the Lord is asking me if I am willing to stand by my covenant marriage committment now, regardless of what she does. In other words, am I willing to love her unconditionally as much as I am allowed to?<P>Frankly, I feel ready to do that. Some have even said that the spouse remarrying has not detered their commitment.<P>I do believe that unconditional love must be demonstrated to the glory of God. It is His desire that all marriages reconcile. He also gives us free will, so He's not going to step in the way, unless we ask. I believe that God will honor an obediant heart, regardless of what happens.<P>For those interested in support of the idea of Covenant Marriage, here's a website that you might find helpful. <A HREF="http://www.covenantkeepersinc.org" TARGET=_blank>www.covenantkeepersinc.org</A> <P>------------------<BR>Fear God and you will have nothing else to fear<P>Hosea 3<p>[This message has been edited by Repenting (edited March 14, 2000).]

#368566 03/14/00 07:37 PM
G
Guard Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Keridwen7, <P>I am sorry that you feel that your H will never change and that you have no hope. You feel that some things are just not meant to be, but like Rob, I believe that God says that it is meant to be, and that it is out of a commitment to God that I will love my wife like I do Jesus Christ. I will honor and cherish her and protect her even though she would deny me. I will do that because I love her so deeply, but more than that, because God asks that of me, and in return, he gives me unconditional love. He has pulled me from a pit that was indescribable horror. He loves me unconditionally, and so I love my wife unconditionally. When your love is so deep, that even though that person has caused you the worst pain imaginable, yet they still love you, that is unconditional love. My wife did that for me for a long time, and now I must pay her the same honor. It is my love for her and my love for Christ. Keridwen7, I know that there are some very tough days out there, but like many say on this board, do take care of your body, mind and spirit, and let the Lord take care of your H. I do think it is great that you want to go back to school. I want to do the same at some time when things are more stable for me.<P>Sobeit, you crack me up. I don't have any monkey bars, but maybe after I make the girls supper, we do have a trampoline in the back yard that I haven't bounced on for a while, and that was always a good stress reliever. You hang on too! The ride may be bumpy, but the view from the top is going to be awesome!<P>Repenting, I have read some of your posts before, and you always have the right thing to say about God's purpose in our lives. Yes, I will stand with you, my brother.<P>Take care all, Kevin<P>

#368567 03/15/00 10:42 AM
L
L
Kevin, <P>I am sorry things didn't have a better outcome with you and Lori. I feel a tremendous amount of respect for her. She put a lot of effort into her Plan A. I wonder if I had that kind of perserverance if I would have saved my marriage.<P>I know you made a horrible mistake and can see that now. I wish people out there contemplating the affiar would look at stories like this and realize that sometimes, the wife, just isn't there waiting when the husband is finally ready to come back.<P>I truly wished I could see you two recover. I am sending my prayers to you and Lori today. All I can say, is if you truly love her, its not too late to give up, she gave you a long time trying, you can do the same, divorce or no divorce, this will still take time to go through and even after it is final, its still not to late to support her and tell her you are still there for her.<P>I wish you both the best. Dana<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 716 guests, and 44 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation