Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#369071 03/15/00 04:07 PM
OP Offline
Reading Airheart's EN:Recreational Compansionship thread got me wondering. I thought it would be interesting to see people's top 5. Mine tend to vary and change places a little bit over time. I suspect this is true with others too. So there's nothing carved in stone here. Mostly a curiousity thing, but I hope to gain some insight into my W's list by seeing what some of the other ladies have on theirs. (This may be getting a little too personal, but I sure don't feel like I have much left to hide anymore [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], and besides, it might be fun!)<P>To save space and make for easy reading I suggest the following format:<P>Your gender, Your situation<P>#1, #2, #3, #4, #5 (use bold <B> </B> to indicate a need <B>currently being met</B>)<P>I'll get it started....<BR>======================================<BR>Male, Betrayed<P>Sexual Fulfillment, Affection, Honesty/Openness, <B>Family Commitment</B>, Domestic Support <p>[This message has been edited by 2sad4words (edited March 15, 2000).]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, here goes....<P>Female, betrayed, now divorced.<P>1. Honesty<BR>2. Affection<BR>3. Domestic support (hey, I own my own business, work 50 hrs or more a week!!!)<BR>4. Family commitment<BR>5. Recreational Companionship<P>------------------<BR>Susan

P
P
Here's mine...<P>Female, betrayed, in recovery.<P>1. <B>Honesty</B><BR>2. <B>Affection</B><BR>3. <B>Conversation/Communication</B><BR>4. <B>Sexual Fulfillment</B><BR>5. <B>Recreational Companionship</B><P>I've never "bolded" before and I can't get it to work, however ALL FIVE ARE BOLDED!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I figured it out!!! Whoo-hoo! Actually, with lots o' help from Big Jim, and trying2_4give! Thanks guys! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>And, all of H's are being met as well. He found out after dday that our ENs were pretty much all the same! Only he had Affection and Conversation as his top 2! Go figure!<P>Thanks for starting the thread! Should get interesting! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>--<I>purplemag</I><p>[This message has been edited by purplemag (edited March 16, 2000).]

A
A
allison<BR>female, ?betrayed, married<P>1) affection<BR>2) conversation<BR>3) honesty openness<BR>4) admiration<BR>5) financial support<P>can I have one more..please please please<BR>6) sexual fulfillment<BR>(I know, should be higher, but the financial support thing seems pretty important too)<P>allison

K
K
Hi, here's mine:<P>female, betrayed, separated<P>1. Honesty and openness<BR>2. Conversation<BR>3. Affection<BR>4. Domestic Support<BR>5. Family Commitment<P><P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com

T
T
female, emotional betrayer<P>1. Honesty<BR>2. Conversation<BR>3. Recreational companionship<BR>4. Sexual fulfillment/<B>Affection</B> (this is a tie)<BR>5. Domestic Support (I work a lot too)<P>I wish I could half-bold. #1, #4, and #5 are partially met. (#5 more than the others)<BR>

C
C
OK, So, what if my computer doesn't have the ability to do BOLD?? Well, currently most of my needs are being met very well so just think of these all in bold, ok?<P>1. Honesty<BR>2. Love/affection/making love<BR>3. Respect<BR>4. Communication<BR>5. Honest effort to understand me!<P>Anyhow, things are good even if I can't do a bold! <P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!

M
M
OK here goes:<P>female, betrayed <P>1.Honesty<BR>2.Affection<BR>3.Conversation<BR>4.Sexual Fulfillment<BR>5.Domestic Support

K
K
OK.<BR>Female, betrayed (EA), in recovery<P>1) <B>affection</B><BR>2) <B>honesty</B> & openess<BR>3) family commitment<BR>4) <B>sexual fulfillment</B><BR>5) conversation<BR>Those that are not bolded are being partially met.

H
H
Ok, I can't bold either so all make stars<P>female, betrayed, (odd EA) in recovery<P>* 1. Honesty<BR>* 2. Affection<BR> 3. Sexual fulfillment<BR>* 4. Conversation<BR> 5. Admiration<P>All needs are being met to some degree, where there is no star there is room for improvement.

N
N
female, betrayed, separated<P> 1. Honesty and openness<BR> 2. Family Commitment<BR> 3. Affection<BR> 4. Admiration<BR> 5. Domestic Support<P>

N
N
female, betrayed, married, H still at home<P>1. Honesty<BR>2. conversation<BR>3. sexual fulfillment<BR>4. recreational companionship<BR>5. affection<P>I know this thing will do bold, but I can't figure it out. Oh, well...#1 is almost bold, the rest are bold. <P>------------------<BR>Cat<P>I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

K
K
Female, betrayed (EA), H still in denial<P><BR>1) honesty & openness (I don't believe anything he says anymore {and his says very little}) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>2) conversation (never, he sees no need for this) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>3) affection (sometimes a hug, once a month) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>4) family commitment (none, his life is his job) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>5) <B>financial support</B> (the only need he fills) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I would # each of them 1. All 5 are equally important to me.<P>Keo<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Keosha (edited March 15, 2000).]

Y
Y
Male<BR>Betrayed by W with EA with her "best friend's" H<BR>Still living with W and family, but considering separating -- tension mounting!<BR>Have abandoned Plan A since it seems pointless<BR>VERY UNHAPPY <P>1. HONESTY AND OPENNESS<BR>2. AFFECTION<BR>3. COMMUNICATION/CONVERSATION<BR>4. SEXUAL FULFILLMENT<BR>5. RECREATIONAL COMPANIONSHIP<P>Right now, only #5 (Recreational) is being met, and only through our kids commitments. Aside from that, nothing is being met.<P>Note: My w refuses to fill out an EN questionaire, so it's impossible for me to get any accurate measure as to my progress or failures. I bet I can guess, but it would be nice to know if my gut is accurate.<P>--keystone

B
B
Female, Betrayed/betrayer(EA), Divorced<P>1. Honesty<BR>2. Conversation<BR>3. Recreational Companionship<BR>4. Domestic support<BR>5. Financial support<P>None are bold. He can't even manage to get the check in the bank on time.<P>------------------<BR>There are deep sorrows and killing cares in life, but the encouragement and love of friends were given us to make all difficulties bearable. <BR>-- John Oliver Holmes<P>The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.<BR>-- Elie Wiesel<P><BR>

L
L
Hi friends!<P>Female, betrayed, seperated, divorce in process<P><OL TYPE=1><BR><LI> <B> honesty, openness </B>AND faithfullness <BR><LI> <B> sexual fulfillment </B> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR><LI> family commitment<BR><LI> <B> admiration AND affection </B><BR><LI> financial and domestic support (I believe this should be a 50/50 on both)</OL><P>OK I believe that some of those can be lumped in, if you are honest and open, then you obviously have conversation, so those would fall together. If someone truly admires you, they are affectionate with you. As far as the financial/domestic, I own my own business and work 55 hours a week too. I contributed my fair share of financial and did all domestic on my own. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It is fair to say that the needs of mine being met are NOT by my H. And the faithfullness, well as far as I know, thats true, but I don't know that I would ever trust that again. (sorry guys)<P>OK so I cheated and lumped them together, call me needy! I just feel some of those tie in together. I have more than 5 top needs. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Good idea! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>PS First time bolding and smiling, hope it works, now I know how much effort Jim puts into his replies! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><BR>[This message has been edited by lonelymom (edited March 16, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by lonelymom (edited March 16, 2000).]

N
NSR Offline
N
Male, Betrayed, Long-distance Plan A(for 5+ months) with a very angry, nasty, vindictive W <P>#1. Family Commitment<BR>#2. Honesty and Openness<BR>#3. Affection<BR>#4. Sexual Fulfillment<BR>#5. Domestic Support<P>Yes... I know how to <B>bold</B>...there are no needs being met... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

T
T
Female, betrayed (before marraige) in counseling.<BR>Don't know how to bold!<BR>1.Honesty/Openess<BR>2.CONVERSATION<BR>3.AFFECTION<BR>4.FAMILY COMMITMENT/DOMESTIC SUPPORT<BR>5.SEXUAL FULFILLMENT<BR>CAPS are all being met, don't know if honesty/openess is being met yet, since i haven't found/heard anything yet. So keeping my fingers crossed.<BR>

P
P
male, betrayed, married but sleeping in separate rooms, she's not wearing wedding ring<P>1. honesty, openness<BR>2. affection<BR>3. family commitment<BR>4. conversation<BR>5. sexual fulfillment<P><BR>------------------<BR><B><I>God Bless,<BR>Rob</I></B><BR> regilmor@swbell.net <p>[This message has been edited by professorg (edited March 16, 2000).]

T
T
female, betrayed, seperated, in process of divorce<P><BR>1. Honesty<BR>2. Affection<BR>3. Family Committment<BR>4. Conversation<BR>5. Sexual Fulfillment<P><BR>My H is currently meeting none of the above!<P>Tulip

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation