Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#370682 03/21/00 06:14 PM
H
hanora Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I am a non-practicing Catholic, but still interested and yes I know that the Bible is not the ultimate authority for Catholics.<P>However I was interested in your response on another thread regarding sexual relations with no chance of procreation.<BR>(Hysterectomies etc.) I'm not sure you are on solid ground here. It appears that you are much more familiar with church doctine than I am, however it is my understanding that while one cannot use artificial means to prevent conception there is not a prohibition against sex when conception is not possible. Why else the rhythm method?<P>By your interpretation those who are sterile for whatever reason, and those who are post-menopausal, or have such a wife, would be prohited from engaging in sex with a spouse. I really don't think that this is the position of the Catholic church. This is a real question, do you think it is?<P>Maybe I have an entirely wrong grip on this, but I am curious.

N
NSR Offline
N
Hanora...<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>...there is not a prohibition against sex when conception is not possible<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>... is the key...<P>And you are right...<P>I happen to be a practicing Catholic...<BR>...I got into teaching CCD... with the encouragement of my W noless!<P>...one quote I will pull out from the "Catechism of the Catholic Church" is paragraph 1654... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Spouses to whom God has not granted children can neverless have a conjugal life full of meaning, in both human and Christian terms. Their marriage can radiate a fruitfulness of charity, of hospitality, and of sacrafice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No matter why there can be no more children!<P>I hope this helped... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

H
hanora Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks Jim, yes that does clarify things.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation