Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Well lets just say that I wish I never woke up on Saturday. I didn't end up going to my friend's twin's birthday party because<BR>supposed friend was afraid that I would make a scene because "I am the irrational one" in this ugly mess. Found this out from H when he asked me why I felt I had to go. I was really upset because everyone seemed<BR>so concerned about the slut's feelings & noone gave a rats [censored] about mine. I told H that the main reason I wanted to go was to make sure Slut got NOWHERE near our son. He said that THAT would not happen becuase his<BR>brother & our "friend" would NEVER let that happen. I figured that I probably would be better off not going because if slut started in on me I would end up getting the blame, so by me removing myself from the<BR>situation I would avoid any conflicts. A frined & I ended up going shopping & right when the party was getting over I told her to bring me there so I could say a quick Happy Birthday to the twins & bring my son<BR>home if bro-in-law wanted to go out & do something....<BR>well.... as we turned onto the street where the party was who do I see in bro-in-law's Jeep with him & my son?????????????? thats right THE SLUT!!!!!!!!! I truely believe that temporary insanity is a reality...<BR>I have NEVER been angrier in my life (and considering the past few monthes events that is saying ALOT) Thank God my friend was driving or I don't know what would have<BR>happened. I called H (screamming bloody murder) and asked him if he could explain to me why bro-in-law had Slut in Jeep with our son. Lets just say that the one good thing that happened out of this is for the first<BR>time in monthes H & I were on the same side of an issue. H called his brother & told him to get son home NOW. By this time they were ALL at "friend's" house. Now here is the kicker... I am the bad guy in this<BR>scenario... they thought I was spying on them... to which H said well I guess she was justified, wasn't she... Bro-in-law & "friend" are mad at ME... Can you<BR>believe it? They broke their promise to me that Slut would get nowhere near my child & I am the bad guy. To make it all the more disheartening... the ***** was talking to my son (and I quote him on this) about<BR>"daddy saying mean things to mommy" , "how is daddy" & "tell daddy I say hi".... the fact that she is still breathing is a miracle. It has taken every ounce of<BR>strength I have to not go find her and make her regret the day she was born. After I finished screamming at H about how I was justified in my reason's for going to party in the first place I informed him that<BR>if I ever see her near our son again I will call police. If she dares to show up here at the house, again I will call police. I am telling you, this creature is a restraining order waiting to happen. I also told H<BR>that he is under NO uncertain terms to call her about this (he wanted to, to find out what she really said) that THAT was why she did what she did, to ellicit a response from one or both of us. I refuse to give her<BR>the satisfaction. As for my bro-in-law.... I told him that my son is never going to go to that friend's house with him again. I told him that i was very dissapointed in him for<BR>doing this to me. He did appologize for the way it looked, but his defense to her being in the Jeep was "well he (my son) doesn't know who she is". <P>as for my friend (the slut's nextdoor neighbor).... not quite the good friend I thought her to be. I am 99% certain after catching HER in lies (like I need to be lied to by more people) that she knew all about this even while it was going on. And as I<BR>said too, she copped an attiude with me over Saturday. I called her yesterday to let her know that I wouldn't be able to make it in to see her (we had plans) because I didn't have a sitter and she went off on me, saying that she didn't appreciate the drama I caused.... I told her I was not about to discuss it with her at that time (I had son<BR>& one of his friend's in room with me) but if she really wanted to go down that road, feel free to call me later. So far she hasn't called back.<BR>

S
S
claire, <P>I also have completely insensitive, stupid and ignorant people to deal with. With all the pain a person in our position is going through; don't you think they would have some compasion? I think you handled the situation very well. I would have had to be held back by 10 very strong men to stop me from killing OW! Sounds like you and H are comunicating well and are showing the OW a united stand. Do something for yourself!<P>Sadly I've began to realize that you can't change others mind once they are set not to listen. I've lost common friends/family because of this affair my H had. I'm trying to see them as not worthy of my time and energy. True friends/family would be more understanding and sick by you through the tough times too!<P> Go shopping,have a bath,etc. You need a break and time to releive some of that stress. VENTING on here is wonderful. I take kick boxing or work out real hard at the gym. Hey, I lost wieght thinking about hurting that OW b*^*& while punching the bags! <P>Take Care, BECCA<p>[This message has been edited by SAME BECCA (edited April 18, 2000).]

K
K
I fully sympathsize with your anger & upset.<P>But, think of it this way...your reacting this way shows that she has power over you (and, you fear over your husband). In reacting so strongly, you are lucky your H was on the same side...he could just as easily have been put off by your calling her names, and being so angry. In general, it is better to try hard (and I KNOW it is hard) to not react so strongly. If I were her, I'd be feeling pretty cocky now...<P>Just some food for thought...<BR>

C
OP Offline
C
Becca, didn't have 10 strong men to hold me back, but a really good friend who refused to drive me anywhere near them once we saw them in the Jeep. I would have had to jump out of a moving car to escape her. She drove me away from friend's house & stopped to get us a drink & took keys with her & told me (and I believe her) that if I wasn't in car when she came out she would run me over to keep me from doing something I would regret later. <P>And I already take kickboxing...IT is the best & I highly recommed it to anyone who needs to release anxiety & frustration. <P>KAM - You are right, I am lucky that H didn't turn on me due to my anger, but I think he was fairly upset by the whole thing as well. As far as OW goes, she never even saw me, so I don't know if she is getting anything out of this or not. What she will not get is a response of ANY kind from H (I hope) or me.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation