Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I'm curious about this. MO is a no fault state, Cat and I are getting along pretty good as friends, we've already divided the major property/debts, and custody/child support isn't an issue,i.e., I'll see them as often as I can and pay more than my court ordered share.<P>So, if anyone has had experience in this, could you post or send me an email?<P>Thanks [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>Allen<BR>sparky_dog_mb@yahoo.com

B
B
Hi Sparky,<P>Yes, we have done all the paperwork and filed ourselves. We used a book called Divorce Yourself : The National No-Fault Divorce Kit. It is located on Amazon.com at <A HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0935755640/o/qid=956584939/sr=8-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/103-7629101-7722237" TARGET=_blank>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0935755640/o/qid=956584939/sr=8-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/103-7629101-7722237</A> .<P>It comes with a diskette containing forms for all 50 states. We are like you and Cat and are divorcing as good friends. We have already filed the paperwork and did not encounter any snags, except for a parenting class that we did not know we had to take. We we giving this information at the time we filed. It saves you a lot of money and keeps the lawyers from turning friends into enemies.<P>Dawg

G
G
You might want to go over to the Fathers Rights to Custody homepage at <A HREF="http://www.deltabravo.net/custody." TARGET=_blank>www.deltabravo.net/custody.</A> <P>There is a lot of rhetoric on the site about (what else?) fathers rights, but they have very good advice about how to do your own divorce. They also have people that will answer your questions on their discussion boards. So if you can look beyond the rhetoric, it is a good site.

L
LMS Offline
L
sparky,<BR>yes Earl and i are doing this on our own too, you can pick up a packet at the county court house I dont know how much it will be in your county, but it is still cheeper than a laywer. I wish you and cat the best of luck, I think it is best for the kids to keep things nice and civil, and as far from a court room [censored] possable.<P>Lesa<P>------------------<BR>"It took me quite a while to realize that <B>the real deal</B> is to be able to be enough of a person your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you"<BR>----Stevie Ray Vaughan<P>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P> lms20ish@jobe.net

M
M
I started to a couple of years ago and this advice was given to me...<P>COPY COPY COPY COPY everything you have! One for you one for her one for the courts.<P>My state is supposed to be no fault, but the judges here MAKE everyone go through at least six months counseling first. Then he goes on the recommendation of teh counselor to grant a divorce or not. Weird.<P>Mercy

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 457 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation