Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Jill Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi.<P>Check your local listings. Dr. Phil is supposed to be doing the episode on women who cheat on their husbands today (Wednesday...he's usually on Oprah on Tuesdays, but Janet Reno was on instead).<P>Jill

N
N
I watched this today....interesting show.<P>However, I sure couldn't stand that betraying "smirking" wife who lost 125 pounds. Talk about denial and being unremorseful...UGHH!

M
M
Jill,<BR> I saw this,too.The first W seemed pretty remorseful,but the second one didn't seem to care about her H at all.She'll probably continue to see her young friend who"feeds her head".Don't think this marriage will last. --Murph

R
R
I thought it was a pretty good show. When the first girl was crying I was crying right along with her. I could feel her pain.<P>The only thing that botherd me was how Oprah was trying to get an answer out of her. She keep asking her to justify her actions and there really is no justification. Sure you can blame your husband or claim your self doubts but the bottom line is there really is no excuse.<P>As betrayers we chose to take that horrific path without realizing the consequenses. It's all a selfish act for self pleasure and that "fix" for somehow feeling special. But Dr. Phil is right when it's all done and over and you look at yourself in the mirror all you see is disgust and shame. It is not worth it.<P>And that lady that lost all the weight was in denial she's living out what she wanted to do her whole life but at her husbands expense. She is definately in her fantasy world. Did you guys see how selfish and ungrateful she was? She doesn't care if her H gives her attention becuase to her it will never be enough.<P>Just my 2 cents<P>Reina

J
Jill Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi.<P>The first woman seemed remorseful. I really felt like she was sorry for what she'd done to her husband. I also felt her husband's pain. He was so hurt by her betrayal that he appeared to be emotionless/numb. Wow...what an impact that made. When I looked at the guy, he almost seemed like he had built a HUGE wall just to protect himself. Very heartbreaking...<P>The second woman really got on my nerves. She kept smirking and giggling and fidgeting in her seat. I didn't feel any remorse coming from her at all. I think she'll continue to see the guy that "feeds her mind"...whatever. She looked more like she should've appeared on The Jerry Springer Show instead of Oprah.<P>Anyway, it was an interesting show.<P>Jill

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ian T, SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,073 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation