Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37958 12/06/99 01:09 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Well today she is the evil clone, that SHEBA has mentioned in my other posts. Yesterday she hated this situation. Today she called and says she dont want me going to her church.<P>Its amazing tome haow much she changes from day to day. Last wee she says a lot of posotive things, During the week she says that she wishes she never said anything. Sat when I was oicking up the baby she says that this whole situation sucks. Today she calls and says that she dont want me at her church.<P>I guess next she will say that she dont want my help with the tree. She wont do this cause she needs furniture moved and she cant do it her self.<P>By the way my yongest now has a tooth( just had to through that in there)<P>------------------<BR>brownphdt<P>

#37959 12/05/99 03:40 PM
C
C
brownphd- I always thought the church belongs to everyone and anyone, not one person in particular. Have you talked with anyone at the church in regards to the relationship the two of you have now? I can't understand why she would stop you from doing something so worthy and christian. <BR>I would try to ask her why in a non-LB way, see what she says.<BR>God Bless!~<P>------------------<BR>Chick's <BR>Bren<P>You won't see things until your ready to not be blind!<P><BR>

#37960 12/05/99 04:25 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Chicks, I have never wanted to go to church much until recently. I see how everyone here relys on GOD to help them threw the hard times. I owe it to him and my family to go. <P>Sge says she has no problem with me going, she says she just feels uncomfortable, cause we are not a happy family any more.She says how would I introduce you. I want to say the same way your father does SIL.<P>She just came to pick up the baby. He is a sleep. She had a funny look on her face. I asked her if she felt uncomfortable now. she said yes.<P>It probably didn't help that I asked what she ened up doing last night. She said " I watched movies". I said what did YALL watch, she didn;t answer, so I asked again. <P>i know this made her feel the way she did, but that is good she should feel this away, she is still married you know.<P>How can a person go to church, And still do these things. I know that is why she is pushing for me to sign, but I'm not so there.<P>------------------<BR>brownphdt<P>

#37961 12/05/99 04:52 PM
W
W
Brown,<P>I know what you mean by the evil clone wife. Mine goes from the loving careing Robin that I married to the coldblooded I don't care how hurt you are I "feel alive" when I'm with my BOYfriend, thats all that matters, Robin. It baffles the crap out of me.<P>As far as church goes she still has some willingness to go. I don't know how she sits there and listens to the sermons and not turn her life around. Every time we go our paster CRUSHES her toes, yet she still refuses to change. I just don't get it. So I have stopped. Read Genie29's responce to ThisAlex's post. It gave me alot of relief today. Yesterday stank, see my post.<P>Our church is on the web you can listen to the sermons at <BR> <A HREF="http://www.hgbc.org" TARGET=_blank>www.hgbc.org</A> <BR>Bill<P><P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

#37962 12/05/99 05:50 PM
B
OP Offline
B
WOW imagine this: she dont want me at the same church as her, she feels uncomfortable when she is around me, she wants me to sign the D papers, she says it over, stop trying, she says the she regrets ever saying things to me. THEN, ARE YOU READY FOR THIS???( this is funny) SHE CALLED AND ASKED IF I WANTED TO EAT DINNER WITH HER AND THE KIDS.<P>What the hell is up eith her, is she comming or going. She sure dont know. I think this is SO FUNNY.<P>I accepted, she asked what do you want. I said it dont matter. she said I dont really feel like cooking though.( why did you ask then) I said just put it out and I will cook for yall. She said no I'll do it.<P>IS SHE CONFUSED ORWHAT?<P>Just thought of something she probably needs me to do somthing for her.<BR>------------------<BR>brownphdt<P><p>[This message has been edited by brownphd (edited December 05, 1999).]

#37963 12/05/99 06:52 PM
R
RWD Offline
R
Brown,<BR>i guess this is completely normal. MY stbx was all over the place within 1 hr one time. From her coming back and us remodeling, to us moving away, to me dating other people to see if I could find somebody to make me happy. This was all in one conversation.<P>My w has given up on church. She had always been thedriving force for me going. She and om did go with a "friend" of theirs and I saw her going with this "friend" right aftre om dumped her.<P>She now says God is "bigger than the bible" and that he is not there to answer prayers but to give us strength.<P>She asked if I was taking the kids to church Christmas Eve and I said of course and she replied that she was going to work then. She used to be upset when she had to work Christmas Eve before. Now she volunteers.<BR>All this from someone who claims to be a borne again Christian, way back in high school.<P>I don't understand how anything could cause you to walk away from something you have had so long, like your religion or your marriage.

#37964 12/05/99 11:17 PM
B
OP Offline
B
From everything told to me and what i have seen. they give the things up cause of guilt.<P>------------------<BR>brownphdt<P>

#37965 12/05/99 11:22 PM
H
H
Brown -- W refuses to admit it, but I believe that the only reason she has stuck it out this long staying with me is because of guilt. I asked her about that tonight and she maintains that guilt wasn't a reason, but guilt drives almost everything else she does, there is no reason to assume is isn't why she stayed until now.<P>For some, guilt will eventually drive them back to take another stab at the marriage. So this can be good.<P>The back-and-forth you are experiencing is normal and can actually be a good sign. W has been back and forth a lot, but never verbalized the points where she was positive. She only later refers to the highlights once in the doldrums again. So, at least, your W says the good things once in a while. This is a good sign.<P>Good luck, man......

#37966 12/05/99 11:30 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I see the good sings. If she would just get her head out of her @$$ things might get better.<P>I went and had dinner with them. It started out kinda rough though. Her girl friend called and She was talking about last night. <P>I had both kids so I think her new OM and her got sexual, cause she was laughing and said " girl it was great. I cant say more Paul is here I'll tell you about it more in detail tomorrow". <P>I got furious and went out side to smoke. I was sitting on her stairs and she came out MAD AT ME for beeing out there for so long( what the hell is this). <P>She said what I cant talk to my friends now. I aid nothing. then she said she is tired of walking on egg shells around me. If she didn't screw up she wouldn't have to.<P>------------------<BR>brownphdt<P>

#37967 12/05/99 11:45 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I forgot a couple of things. she also got pissed at me cause our baby wouldn't eat for her. I have no problem with feeding him(i have patience with him). I told her she needed to feed him earlier cause he was so hungry he was crying, and she needed to sit him up.<P>she didn't like this. She yelled "its because he dont know me. I never see him".<P>He lives with her what is that supposed to mean.<P>After all this the night ended fairly well I guess. we finished watching a movie. me and my oldest son would wrestle around during commercials, and he would lay with me on the floor during the movie.<P>She hates seeing that and I love it.<P>------------------<BR>brownphdt<P>

#37968 12/05/99 11:53 PM
W
W
Keep it up Brown! I'm praying for you.<P>NO LOVE BUSTERS!<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

#37969 12/06/99 12:29 AM
B
OP Offline
B
you say no love busters. How is a person to know what is or aint a love buster<P>------------------<BR>brownphdt<P>

#37970 12/06/99 07:17 AM
W
W
Look up love busters on this web sight.<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,150 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation