Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#383336 06/02/00 02:26 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I wanted to share a little story with you all to let you know how far we have gotten in the last 9 months.<P>A week ago my H was away. He phoned home and said that he had heard a song that he was going to buy for me. It would be my song. <P>The man has never listened to the lyrics of a song. He usually doesn't know who sings them.<P>Yesterday he took me to lunch and this song came on the radio. He told me this was it. "Buy me a Rose" by Kenny Rogers. It says everything and more. From my remedial H [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] who has grown into the most sensitive man that I know. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>BUY ME A ROSE <BR>HE WORKS HARD TO GIVE HER ALL HE THINKS SHE WANTS <BR>A THREE-CAR GARAGE… HER OWN CREDIT CARD <BR>HE PULLS IN LATE TO WAKE HER UP, WITH A KISS GOODNIGHT <BR>IF HE COULD ONLY READ HER MIND (SHE’D SAY) <P> <BR>BUY ME A ROSE, CALL ME FROM WORK <BR>OPEN A DOOR FOR ME, WHAT WOULD IT HURT <BR>SHOW ME YOU LOVE ME BY THE LOOK IN YOUR EYES <BR>THESE ARE THE LITTLE THINGS I NEED THE MOST IN MY LIFE <P> <BR>NOW THE DAYS HAVE GROWN TO YEARS OF FEELIN’ ALL ALONE <BR>AND SHE CAN’T HELP BUT WONDER WHAT SHE’S DOING WRONG <BR>‘CAUSE LATELY SHE’D TRY ANYTHING TO TURN HIS HEAD <BR>WOULD IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IF SHE SAID <P> <BR>BUY ME A ROSE, CALL ME FROM WORK <BR>OPEN A DOOR FOR ME, WHAT WOULD IT HURT <P>SHOW ME YOU LOVE ME BY THE LOOK IN YOUR EYES <BR>THESE ARE THE LITTLE THINGS I NEED THE MOST IN MY LIFE <P> <BR>AND THE MORE THAT HE LIVES, THE LESS THAT HE TRIES <BR>TO SHOW HER THE LOVE THAT HE HOLDS INSIDE <BR>AND THE MORE THAT SHE GIVES, THE MORE THAT HE SEES <BR>THIS IS A STORY OF YOU… AND ME <P> <BR>SO I BOUGHT YOU A ROSE, ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORK <BR>TO OPEN THE DOOR TO A HEART THAT I HURT <BR>AND I HOPE THAT YOU NOTICE THIS LOOK IN MY EYES <BR>‘CAUSE I’M GONNA MAKE THINGS RIGHT <BR>FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE <P>I’M GONNA HOLD YOU TONIGHT <BR>DO ALL THESE LITTLE THINGS, <BR>FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE<P>(And yes Sheba I know it isn't Whitesnake but I love it anyway) <P>

#383337 06/02/00 02:30 PM
S
S
My H told me about that song a few months ago, before I knew about his affair. He had listened to the words, said he wondered what would have happened if he did that, then he proceeded to bury himself deeper into his affair. Oh well.<P>Kris

#383338 06/02/00 03:08 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Kris<BR>Sorry if this brought sad memories. <BR>I posted it because I thought it might give someone hope that miracles can happen.

#383339 06/02/00 03:30 PM
S
S
Happy for your miracle Wassi!<P>Starpony

#383340 06/02/00 04:12 PM
S
S
I printed this and I will post it on my bathroom door. Thank you. I will remove all the names though. Thank you, thank you.

#383341 06/02/00 04:31 PM
S
S
Wasstubborn,<BR>I was just reflecting. I didnt mean to bring you down. I read your post and the letter H wrote you...You give me hope....just maybe one day my H's heart will turn tender. I am very happy for you and pray your H continues to shower you with the love you need.<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Kris

#383342 06/02/00 04:38 PM
M
M
<BR>Wasstubborn,<BR>That is wonderful!! I think that song is so beautiful! I'm so happy for you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

#383343 06/02/00 05:07 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Starpony<BR>I am still counting on hearing about your miracles. A year ago I would never have believed my H had a hope. I think he was the King of insensitivity for many many years. The only part about the song that doesn't fit is that I did tell him those things. He just didn't hear me. Now he does.<P>sobeit<BR>I'm glad this helps. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] There aren't any real names on it though so I wouldn't worry [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Kris<BR>You didn't bring me down. I'm just sad for you. I am sad for all of us. This is so darn hard. When my H does things like this, I thank the Lord but I wonder why it took what it did to get here.<P>momma<BR>Thank you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I've learned a lot of things over the past year. <BR>My H will not have time to buy that CD. I will buy it for us. It's the thought that counts. Before all of this I would have been upset that he didn't bother to buy it. Now I know what matters is that he thought about it. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#383344 06/02/00 05:21 PM
C
cl Offline
C
HI Wassi,<BR>That is so beautiful.<BR>Last year there was no way I would have ever expected to hear anything like this from your H. He is one tough case....and you did it!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Yeeehawwww (in the spirit of Kenny of course!) <P>You have come such a long way, and inspiration to those dealing with particularly, ahhhh, 'difficult' h's!<BR>aloha!!!

#383345 06/02/00 05:40 PM
W
OP Offline
W
cl<BR>Yes he is a real tough case isn't he? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>And I'll even listen to country music for this one. No matter how out of character it is for me. I guess compromise is part of the program. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Can you get your Hotmail yet? I just sent you mail there. I'm a little slow. Thought I was sending it to the other.

#383346 06/02/00 06:54 PM
A
A
WS,<BR>Sighhhhhhhhh.........<BR>I am sharing your good feelings. I can feel what you feel. This is that sign you needed. You have seen him change, you are becoming that special couple, a lot of work has gone into this. Put this on that calendars of anniversaries. Next year at this time, you will even be better!!!!! Hard to believe? Yep.....even better! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Isn't it fun to share things like this?<P>AH<BR>----------<BR>TIME [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#383347 06/02/00 08:17 PM
W
OP Offline
W
AH<BR>You know I believe everything you say!<BR>Would I be here without you and some other special people?<BR>I knew you'd appreciate this because....you know that I have never seen that kind of sensitivity in 20 years. I knew the potential was there. I just wasn't a priority. It seems that when people grow up their priorities change. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#383348 06/03/00 12:44 AM
N
N
Wassi,<BR>What a difference!! See, it IS still in there,,sometimes buried WAYYYY down but revivable! Keep up the great work. You are on to the rewards part now and they keep getting better and better! <BR>

#383349 06/03/00 08:42 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Nerly [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>You know I'm always so happy to see your name!<P>This is part of my H that I haven't seen in 20 years. <BR>Thank you for being one of those special people who kept me going through the really tough parts. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It's now 10 months since the last major episode with Bimbo. It's been a long haul but yes the rewards are really starting to appear. You know it takes a while to get over so much betrayal. I think for the first time in 8 years I really believe she is gone. Wow! That's a different feeling. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#383350 06/06/00 11:49 PM
F
F
[Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 953 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation