Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
NoMas Offline OP
OP Offline
N
These are a few quotes I have read of late that seem to apply in various ways. Tell me what you think.<P>"IF you don't change the direction you are headed, you will get there"<P>"Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you already have".<P>"No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks"<P>

A
A
How about this one:<P>Insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.<P>allison

B
B
I'm going to paraphrase this one, but it had a pretty significant impact on me from the time I heard it two years ago. I've got the gist of it's meaning, but I'm sure I don't have it word for word.<P>Within each of us is both the capacity to do the most significant good act the world has ever know, and within each of us is the capacity to do the most evil act the world has ever known. Day by day with each decision we make we travel between the two extremes. Nothing is left to chance. We choose whether we want to leave this world striving towards the most significant good, or the most significant evil.

T
T
I said something to my kids the other day tat sounded really "Churchillian".<P>I told each of my boys "The only power you have over your brother is the power of a good exampl".<P>That could apply to a spouse as well.

W
W
Love the quotes...here's another good one..<P>"We first make our habits and then our habits make us." John Dryden

C
C
i'm not sure if this quote applies really to MB, but it has always been one of my favorites. Check out the author, Italo Calvino, a wonderful mind in this talented writer.<P>"yet, even now...<BR> every time, {often}<BR> that i find i don't understand something,<BR> then instinctively i'm filled with the hope that perhaps... this will be my moment again....<BR> perhaps, once again.. i shall understand nothing."<P><BR>somehow, i have always thought this applied to me. maybe i'm not the only one? maybe this is a pretty gray outlook to think of, but when the shoe fits....<P>CDA<BR>

Y
Y
Here's some..<P>"Do you know what happens when you settle for something less than what you want? You get it everytime!"<BR>~Aynonomous <P>I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. <BR>~Albert Einstein <P>Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own. <BR>~Chinese proverb <P>People who have what they want are very fond of telling people who haven't what they want that they don't want it. <BR>~Mark Twain [Samuel Langhornne Clemens] (1835-1910) <P>Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. <BR>~Charles Mingus <P>

T
T
* To forgive does not just mean to pardon, it means to let go. <P>* Jesus, probably the greatest teacher of forgiveness in history ("Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do"), used the Aramaic word shaw when he spoke of forgiveness. Shaw means "to untie." <P>* If you are tied to a rock that is pulling you down in the water, all you have to do is forgive it (untie it) and swim toward the light. <P>* When you forgive the past, you untie yourself from the past, and are free. <P>* To forgive also means to be for (in favor of) giving (to deliver a gift). When you forgive, you affirm that you are in favor of giving. <P>* To whom do you give? Another? Sometimes. Yourself? Always. When you release another to go his or her own way, you free yourself to do the same. <P>The process of giving yourself this gift of freedom is forgiveness.<P>You'll find these quotes and lots of good material at a great site called <A HREF="http://survivingloss.com" TARGET=_blank><B>Surviving Loss</B></A><P>Alex<P>------------------<BR><B>Live fully and always learn</B>

P
P
HI ALL,<BR> Here's my favorite that I've lived by all my life.<BR> <BR> "You don't always get what you go after but you NEVER get what you don't go after"<P> And my newest favorite:<BR> "You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take" <P> I think these apply..... FRANK

B
B
Saw this one on a church billboard...<P>First seek to understand, then seek to be understood.

G
G
OK I'll play, all applicable here.<P>Experience is a tough teacher, it gives the test first and then the lesson.<BR>~unknown<P>Even in the deepest sinking there is the hidden purpose of an ultimate rising. Thus it is for all men; from none is the source of light withheld unles she himslef withdraws it. Therefore, the most important thing is not to despair.<BR>~Hasidic Saying<P>Fall seven times, stand up eight<BR>~Japanese Proverb<P>The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.<BR>~Samuel Johnson<P>Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom<BR>~Thomas Jefferson

N
NoMas Offline OP
OP Offline
N
~The only difference between wisdom and experience is that experience just cost so much more.<P><BR>

T
T
Speaking of church billboards, this one made me chuckle:<P>"Praise your wife, even if it frightens her at first"

B
B
Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion. (Proverbs 11:22)<P>No one finds happiness at someone else's expense. (My Grandmother)<P>He who brings trouble on his family will inherit the wind, and the fool will be servant to the wise. (Proverbs 11:20)

L
L
<I>I once complained because I had no shoes, and then I met a man who had no feet.</I><P>

S
S
~Sing like no one is listening<BR> Dance like no one is watching <BR> and<BR> Love like you have never been hurt~

T
T
When you come to a 4 way stop, and you don't know which way to go, park.<P>Pray without ceasing.<P>If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.<BR>

O
O
Try always to be the person your dog thinks you are.<BR>- Unknown<P>In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.<BR>- Albert Einstein<P>Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing: no one to blame. <BR>- Erica Jong<P>It is not that which is beautiful that pleases us, but that which pleases us is called beautiful. <BR>- Leo Rosten<P> Thinking is easy, action is difficult; to act in accordance with one's thoughts is the most difficult thing in the world. <BR>- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe<BR>

T
T
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>When you come to a 4 way stop, and you don't know which way to go, park.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>But don't just sit there. Look at a map!<P>

T
T
You don't stop dancing because you get older, you get older because you stop dancing.<BR>-Author Unknown

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation