Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
When something bad happens to you, you either have to get over it or die with it.<P>and<P>Once someone has proven themself to you, don't make them have to show you again.<P>Both favorites of my late father.<P><BR>Another that I NOW understand:<P><BR>One of the biggest misunderstandings between men and women is that women think men are just as complicated as women, and men think women are just as simple as men.<P>Author unknown<P><BR>Peppermint

H
H
From a church billboard also: <P>"Christ, My Final Answer"<P>If I was on "Who wants to be a Millionaire" I would be 100% sure of this answer.

D
dj Offline
D
How about;<P>If you lay down with dog's your bound to get up with fleas.

T
T
It's not my job to understand life. It's my job to live it.<BR>- My Best Friend

B
B
From a Moody Blues song<P>for it was when he was of anger or hate or felt fear that he was not understanding...<P>Actually I think I misquoted it, but the sentiment is there and it's close. I'll have to go home and listen to it tonite to get it right. "A question of Balance" Last song.

T
T
"What is trust, when it's not sacred?"<P> -HotWaterMusic<BR>

N
NoMas Offline OP
OP Offline
N
We are not held back by the<BR>love we didn't receive in the past,<BR>but by the love we're not extending<BR>in the present.<P>~Reader's Digest

C
C
"Ah, but a man's grasp should not exceed his reach. Or what's a heaven for."<P>The one that has gotten me through so much so far and will get me through all of this is...<P>"Life's greatest blessings often appear to us in the shapes of pains and disappointments, but let us have patience and we soon shall see them in their proper figures."

S
S
The man that does not read books; has no advantage over the man that can't read them.<P>------------------<BR>PSALMS 133<BR>AMOS 7:7-8<BR>ECCLESIASTES 12:1-7

Q
Q
I think I read this one here and love it;<P> "The difference between a coward and a hero is the way he runs"<P> Kris

H
H
here is one that my W loved so much, although it doesn't realy apply on MB.<P>"Women who strive to be equal to men lack ambition"<P>I always thought it was funny, she was serious.

S
S
"You're just jealous because the voices talk to me" [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

M
M
"It's not over till we say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H*ll no!" Blutto...Animal House 1984<P>Ok, so I fell down the cellar steps and broke the concrete as a child. What do you people want from me?!?!?!?!? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>The Zipman

G
G
OK, my personal favorite, not that it applies to MB<P>"It is better to keep your mouth closed and have people think you a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

W
W
Pain is inevitable, misery is a choice.<P>I saw that on a Church billboard two days after discovery....No IMHO no truer words have been written.<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

B
B
I love quotes. Here's a favorite that applies to a few board members and many Hs. <P>"If the person that you are talking to does not seem to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."<BR> --Winnie the Pooh<P>We can learn at lot from the comics, can't we,like:<P>"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."<BR> --Charlie Brown<P>On the serious side:<P><BR>"Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, and the romance in a relationship- and find out you still care for that person."<BR> --Unknown <P><BR>"The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present." <BR> --Barbara De Angelis<P>Buffy<P>

W
W
I qouted this to my stbx<BR>"If you sleep with dogs, you will wake up with fleas"<BR>and<BR>" Be careful what you wish for, it might just come true"<BR>and so it did come to pass for him.......<BR>He sure lay down with dogs and is infested ..............<BR> and he has to live with what he wished for.<P>"The grass is not always greener on the other side" is the one he still will learn!

E
E
I don't know who said this, but . . . As far as I know this is the entire text, not just the normally quoted version.<P>GOD, grant me the<BR>Serenity <BR>to accept the things<BR>I cannot change<BR>Courage<BR>to change the<BR>things I can<BR>and the<BR>Wisdom<BR>to know the difference.<P>Living ONE DAY AT A TIME;<BR>Enjoying one moment at a time;<BR>Accepting hardship as the<BR>pathway to peace.<P>Taking, as He did, this<BR>sinful world as it is,<BR>not as I would have it.<P>Trusting that He will make<BR>all things right if I<BR>surrender to His Will;<P>That I may be reasonably happy<BR>in this life, and supremely<BR>happy with Him forever in<BR>the next.<P>Amen<P><BR>Hopefully someday, I will be able to live up to this.<P>God Bless

W
W
Empty Shell,<P>I say that prayer everyday...It has becomethe moto of my life...<P>Here is the original version...<P>God, give us grace to accept with serenity<BR>the things that cannot be changed,<BR>courage to change the things<BR>which should be changed,<BR>and the wisdom to distinguish<BR>the one from the other.<BR>Living one day at a time,<BR>Enjoying one moment at a time,<BR>Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,<BR>Taking, as Jesus did,<BR>This sinful world as it is,<BR>Not as I would have it,<BR>Trusting that You will make all things right,<BR>If I surrender to Your will,<BR>So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,<BR>And supremely happy with You forever in the next.<BR>Amen.<P>Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971) <BR>

K
K
"Hidden inside every loss and disapointment is a gift for you. Right now, you may not be ready to find it. But, trust that when you are ready, it will be there."<P>The last one is very meaningful to me. It does not mean to say that the "gift" is equal to the loss...it often is not. Only that even the worst things that happen to us can lead to growth if we will let them.<P><BR>Also, how about:<P>"Your spouse is not a mindreader."<P>And, one of my faves from this site: "The grass is greener where it is watered."<P><BR>

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation