Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#386609 06/25/00 06:17 PM
S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
<BR>There are A LOT of towels being thrown in around here....<P>This is not a locker room!!!<P>LOL!!!!!<P>OK, so it's a lame attempt at some levity.....sorry!!!<P>We need some positives around here......<P>Keep in mind that there is always some good to be found amidst the "bad"!!!! <P>You just have to have hope!!!!<P>Well, yeah.....maybe you have to search yourself and work to find it too!!!!<P>We are all here for each other and God (or whatever higher power you believe) is with us also....<P>We are not alone!!!!<P>BIG HUGS and STRENGTH to all,<P>Sheba<P>PS...now stop throwing those towels, you're messing up my hair!!!!!<P>

#386610 06/25/00 06:48 PM
M
MF Offline
M
I can use some of the towels if they are new!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>

#386611 06/25/00 07:34 PM
L
L
No towel throwing here...despite being the WS..and at the beginning of recovery...I will be Da** if I am about to give up. Just wish that I could get my W to believe in me, but I am told patience is a must. God give me strength

#386612 06/25/00 07:49 PM
A
A
Just picking up the towels my kids leave on the bathroom floor, by the pool, ect...<P>Sheba, I know today has gotten kind of heavy around here. Sundays are sad days for many of us. Should be a family day, but my H (we are seperated) is golfing and going home to his apt. I sit here and hope to learn.<P>May I ask you for some specifics please Sheba? You are getting a divorce, right? How do you keep up this spirit I see on here? Do you ever just want to destroy your H? I feel like I'll keep it together until H asks for a divorce, then all bets are off. Just how are you doing this and staying sane??? Do you still have hope for your marriage? Is an OW in the picture right now? Are you just one of those "up" people...(don't shoot me for that one)?<P>Don't think I'm taking lightly what you must have gone through. I am not doing that at all, I'm just amazed that you can be here helping all of us when you have got to be hurting like crazy. <P>I guess I'm just in a very questioning mood tonight. I am lonely and scared and missing my H terribly. I am scared, Sheba, of being like you and having a divorce handed to me, and there will be not a thing I can do about it. Then how do I act? Who do I become? How are you doing this girl?<P>allison

#386613 06/25/00 08:51 PM
M
M
Sheba----~~~~<P>Sorry to give you and others that giving up feeling. I believe in MB for many people. But, in my h case, I don't at this point. <P>He has been gone now for 5 months and living with OW. He had turned himself into her. SHe is an awful person who is only concerned about her own happiness. My h is now that same type of person. <P>He is just being so awful to me. TO other he might not seem that bad but when you had a great marriage where you never experienced any typw of behavior like this, it is very hard to sit back and take it. <P>I feel like I am lying on the floor and he is walking all over my back and I am sinking futher anbd futher into quicksand. <P>The nicer I am to him the meaner he is to me. HE told me the other day he does not like me and I said back to him Well I will always love you and then he hung the phone up on me. <P>I am planning on going to a full out Plan B at this point. I don;t even wish to see him at all anymore. I will have to see him at my kids game though and that is tough because his parents and sibling all sit with me and not him.... Its so strange. <P>I do feel he will one day regret it and I feel this mostly because he is a completely different person and he is doing everything now that all his life he disagreed with. <P>I am fearing that when that happens, I will not want him back anymore. I'm sorry for being such a downer. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]((((((<P>Perhaps tomorrow will be a brighter day...

#386614 06/25/00 09:17 PM
W
W
Ummmmm! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>'scuse me ma'am.<BR>I seem to have lost my towel. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#386615 06/25/00 09:18 PM
A
A
Dear Missy9,<P>I'm so sorry hon, that these things are happening to you. It sounds like your H has truly turned into a hateful person. May I just say though that I remember when Lostva told us that her husband wished she was dead many times, so that he could get her out of his life.<P>How long have your been in Plan A? Do you think you've done it long enough to go to B? I know I've been tempted at times too to go to B, but Jim says it takes about 3 times as long to accomplish your goals in B than it does in A.<P>But Missy, it does sound like you need to protect yourself from further hurt. Does his family support you? Sounds like they are on your team. Have they tried to talk to him about all of this?<P>Do you think your H is worse when you are nice to him because of guilt? I have seen with my H that when I really turn on the sweetness act he does not recieve it well. It's better that I be matter-of=fact, yet sort of loving with him. We do have great talks together, not that they're really getting us anywhere at this point. <P>Missy, I don't blame you for feeling discouraged. When I do I look at Lostva's posts, and I go to recovery to see what those people are doing to hold on to thier sanity.<P>If you need help composing a Plan B letter come here and let the forum help you. Those seem tricky to me, and the feedback other have gotten has been great.<P>You can make it Missy, don't give up yet. <P>allison

#386616 06/25/00 10:34 PM
M
M
Hey Sheba,<P>I tried to post on your other thread and was thrown off twice. What does that mean?<P>Let's try it again. You know what you have to do. You know damned well what you want as your final result. Do everything in your power to realize it.<P>OK, now I'm done. What is it with all the towels here? If it [marriage, relationship] means that much to you guys fight tooth and nail to get it. If it came easy it wouldn't be worth it. The silver spoon syndrome.<P>I messed up so bad in this marriage I can't tell you. I woke up. It took me 39 years. I love her dearly and will do almost anything short of being illegal and being caught and put to death in a stinky rotten prison at one minute past midnight with a lethal injection. I will be dead for two years before I give up on us. She may have to be dead for a longer period.<P>Damn it, I forget where I was going with this. Going to be 40 next week, hope I survive. <P>Something about towels,...Oh yeah the dryer is done.<BR><P>------------------<BR>"It's not over till we say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H*ll no!" Blutto...Animal House 1984<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

#386617 06/26/00 09:45 AM
R
R
Az,<P>I'm anxious to hear how Sheba responds to your inquiry. You took the words right out of my mouth. How does she do it??? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jo<P>------------------<BR>Josie_Res@Hotmail.com<P>"Remain flexible like a reed, as opposed to an oak which can snap in the wind"

#386618 06/26/00 09:55 AM
T
T
Sheba, who said anything about throwing in the towel. I'm just folding mine a new way!!!!!!!!!!!<P>

#386619 06/26/00 09:56 AM
L
L
Medic,<BR>I turned 40 a couple months ago...nothing to it, compared to how my life was going at that time. 40 is just a number...filing for divorce was a major life change.<P>Sheba,<BR>I don't know what you are talking about. All my towels are in the laundry room [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#386620 06/26/00 11:47 AM
S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
On my way to work, but wanted to let you know that I will respod to your questions - hopefully tonight AZ - OK?<P>You know that you are going to get a novel......LOL!!!<P>BIG HUGS to all,<P>Sheba<P>PS - Wassi....egads woman!!! Find a towel - we don't run around naked in here!!!! LOL!!!<BR>

#386621 06/26/00 08:56 PM
M
M
Allison:<BR>My h family does support me in a big way. They are totally on my side as much as they can be right now. He is their son/ brother and they will always love him. They are a very catholic family and would never turn their back on a family member.<P>Things might change as I am sure if things continue the way they are now, I will eventually lose touch with them to a big extent. <P>They are all embarrassed by his behavior and very upset at what he did to me and the boys. They have all at one point each spoke to him but nothing gets through to him..<P>I have tried plan A for a good 3 months. I am now in my own Plan B. I have to see him at my kids game but we totally ignore each other. We talk so little its pathetic. I wish I never had to see him. It would make things so much easier. But, I'll be damned if I am going to miss my kids games. <P>Sheba-- Where are you we are all waiting patiently..

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 981 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation