Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
<BR>Hi Everyone -<P>Ok, sit down, buckle in tight and hold on.....<P>H asked me to go camping this week with him for a few days...<P>Can you say....HUH?<P>I knew you could!!!!!<P>Oh, and Happy 4th of July!!!<P>Geez, I wonder if there is some special kind of Whack-A-Doodle hazard insurance....hmmm!!<P>BIG HUGS,<P>Sheba<P>PS....BTW - the little tootsie on the bike? Supposedly a neighbors daughter wanted a ride......<P>Thoughts?........don't you just love it!!!! ACK!!!!

R
R
Gosh Sheba,<P>That is so great! You have a really good time, hun. Don't forget the mesquito repelent, OUCH!<P>Prayers and laughter!<BR>Jo

F
F
You know...if gets nippy at night, most sleeping bags zip together [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Wouldn't want you to get hypothermia [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Does puppy get to go too?<BR>

B
B
Can't post.. in shock.. jaw may be broken from hitting ground so hard.. eyes bulging out of head by at least 1 foot.. will post later when mind has had a chance to absorbe this.<P>Deb

T
T
Maybe THIS is the sign that God is giving you.... The other one didn't seem like it was from God because it doesn't go along with God's word!!! "I hate divorce"!!!!<P>HURRAY FIREWORKS HURRAY OOOOH!!! AAAAAAAH!<P>I am SO happy for you! <P>

J
J
Way to go Sheba!!!!!!!<P>You are doing great! Keep it up...you are definetly an inspiration to us all!!<P>Thanks for the post to my thread. That is a way of putting it that even I can understand it. How do you know such thing?? I appreciate the help...it came at a perfect time.<P>Love and Prayers for You and Your Family!!!<P>J W

N
N
Great news Sheba!!<P>One bit of advice as a result of our last camping trip...invest in a inflatable air mattress. Wheww,, that ground is hard!! LOL<P>

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
TeeHee....you gals make me laugh!!!<P>Do you believe this? <P>Part of me is still in shock and the other part of me thinks that this is normal and natural.......(us still doing things together, etc.)<P>It was so easygoing - the way it occurred....<P>H came over and I only noticed when I looked out the window and saw the garage door up....sent the dog out and came out saying "intruder alert!!!" and laughing.<BR>He stared at me and I realized I was in my sleepwear (not much) and outside!!<P>OOPS!!!! Oh well, nothing he hasn't seen before!! <P>I asked what he was doing..."getting some camping stuff".....where you going?<BR>Up to XXXXX.....with who?..."myself"...<BR>Honey, don't you think that we are past the point that you have to lie? You can tell me if it's "backpack girl" (the tootsie on the bike - she was wearing a backpack!!)....HE CRACKED UP!! Said -<BR>"so, that was you the other day? She was just my neighbor's daughter who wanted a ride..." Oh!!<P>Then he said..."glad you are home, was wondering if you would want to go"...<P>Sure!!!!!<P>"Well, we have two small tents, so here's yours and here's mine" Fine....<BR>"We can talk and maybe hash some things out"......what? - I would love the time to talk with you and we never "hash", you know that!!! We just need to feel comfortable.....glad that you might be.<P>So, he left the camping stuff here and will call me and we'll decide on either Tues thru Thurs or Wed thru Fri.....<P>Sorry, but puppy stays home with the neighbors - who are very confused, but more than happy to oblige!!!<P>I still have some reserve on my expectations that this will happen....<BR>He is a W.A.D. afterall!!!!!<P>And TNT - I don't know if you read my further explanation on the other thread, but I know that God doesn't "show" us to lead to "bad" - I just believe that it was God's way of calming my "lack of legal control" of the divorce itself.<P>I NEVER had a thought of giving up on my husband at all.....<P>This "sign" shows me that that is the right choice also!!!!<P>Love you all.....<P>Oh, and Resilient....I always have my Skin so soft for the bugs!!!!<P>Big Hugs, Deb...you OK? How's the jaw?<BR>LOL!!!!!<P>Sheba<P><BR>

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi J Willy and Nerlycrazy -<P>Glad to hear from you both!!!<P>You were posting as I was..sorry about the "gals" address JW, but you weren't here yet!!! LOL!!!<P>JW - You are more than welcome....I have had many years to practice this stuff and have had to be very creative to save my own sanity.....I think it works, for the most part anyway I still am sane!!<BR>LOL!!!!<P>Nerlycrazy...Oh, I know about the air mattress VERY WELL!!!! LOL!!!! Especially now, with my back......<BR>Thanks for reminding me....I am not sure where the second mattress is and I have to dig it out!!!<P>BIG HUGS,<P>Sheba<BR>

P
P
SHEEEEEBA!~ YES!!! I KNEW W-A-D would come around sooner or later. Later I guess but YEAH SHEBA!! Must have gotten jealous when he found out you had dinner with me,Vikki, Lori & Robert!! LOVE & PRAYERS FRANK<p>[This message has been edited by PLEASE HELP (edited July 01, 2000).]

L
L
I got off the phone with you, jumped in the car, turned on the radio just in time to hear Scandal singing "Warrior"! Cranked it UP and drove my poor family crazy!!!!! :P:<P>Just amazing.......hey, Deb, you doing ok? You shoulda heard ME!! <P>Talk to you soon, Sweetie!!<P>Luv ya,<P>Lori

B
B
I think I have recovered enough to post now.<P>I'm sorry Sheba, but I was blown away ! Either he has lost the rest of his mind OR he is waking up. I pray it is the latter.<P>How you are able to keep from choking this man is beyond me ! You are a much better woman than I am! You amaze me. <P>I really do pray he follows through and y'all can really talk. If not, well take a can of hash along to wack him with. Oh and don't forget TP nothing worse than being in the woods without THAT.<P>Go, at least you will be out for a change. Let us know how it goes please. <P>Deb<P>Lori, I'm almost afraid to ask what your reaction was.

Y
Y
Sheba,<P>Wow, what a surprise! I haven't even been on the MB site in over a month. Last I heard you were nearly divorced. What happened? <P>My divorce was final in May. It has been harder than I could have imagined. I hope you won't have to go through it.<P>

B
B
Hey Sheba,<P>I think it's great......<P>have a wonderful time<P>Jo

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Everyone -<P>Well, he's waffling!!! Guess he had time to think about it and went and scared himself!!!<P>How come he "thinks" when it is something good and can't find his brain to think for the "bad" things? Hmmph!!<P>On Monday, got a message from work for him and had to page him to relay it...<P>I was good, didn't ask about the camping, just let him talk. The message for him involved a court appearance on a case for Thursday...(would cut into our plans anyway, I figured)<P>He sounded yucky when he called in response to my page....I asked him if he was OK. He said that he stayed in bed all day and thinks he has Lyme's or something.....<P>Said he didn't know if we would go camping cuz he was so tired and couldn't get motivated - plus the weather is uncertain. I just said that we didn't have to take a lot of stuff with us and just the tents and some blankets would do.....the fresh air and time with nature would do the rest - and that rain can be very stimulating!!!!<P>He said he'd let me know.....<P>When I didn't hear from him by this afternoon....Britt (the dog) and I took a ride to his place to "motivate" him!!<P>He wasn't there.....I remembered that he said he had an outing today - guess he got motivated!!!<P>Soooooo, I have no clue if this is going to happen.....I am VERY glad that I kept that reserve on my emotions!!! I had low expectations and can think of this as a step in the right direction, even if he fell down!!!<P>Please Help - Hi Frank....I do think that he is coming along, it is just too bad that it is a snail's pace!!!! LOL!<BR>Oh, BTW - did Lori tell ya that she went and lost me when I dined with her, Robert and DeWayne? Nice, huh? LOL!!!<P>Lostva - LOL!! Warrior....that's us allright!!!! Thanks, babe!!!!<P>Deb - I don't know how I haven't choked him yet, either!!!! I have come very close a few times!!! I certainly have my TP on all outings!!! My H is definitely very slow with coming to realize his feelings.....I can only hope that slow and steady will mean that if it does happen, we will have gotten it accomplished in the correct way!!!!<P>Doc - Hi there!! I am sorry that your D went through....although I still am heading there, I have realized that if this is what H needs to have (a stupid piece of paper....) in order to "close" the chapter on this bad time of his life and begin a better one, then so be it!!<P>I know that he feels, as I do, that I will be included in this "new" chapter.<P>Never give up when you don't feel that it's right, Doc.......Go with your gut and don't suppress your own beliefs on what you want. Prayers are with you...<P>Bonnet - Thanks Jo, I think that this is such a positive step!!! Even if he does wiggle out, it shows that the intuition is there on his part.<P>Time will tell......<P>BIG HUGS,<P>Sheba<P>

F
F
Lyme's? Well, at least he is creative.<P>Hope you are not too disappointed.

W
W
All I can say is WOW! and Holy $hit, miracles may happen!<P>thl

S
Sheba Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi FHL -<P>Yeah Lymes......You know, thinking on it - he has said this a number of times over the past year. It is always when he sounds down.....<P>Perhaps his way of handling conflicting emotions or turmoil....<P>Depression, of course, is not in his vocabulary!!!!<P>I really am OK.....I figure that I will try to get him to go for a ride or come over to eat or something......<P>Baby steps.....just have to be careful and use some "gentle pushes".....<P>This was a huge thing - he hadn't really asked me to be with him at all since that motorcycle ride over to the twins birthday. <P>I still think electroshock would be the best thing.....but I suppose that's illegal without his consent, huh? LOL!!<P>WhenIFindTheTime - Thanks for posting!<BR>Yeah, miracles can happen.....as long as we stick to our beliefs and have faith!!<P>Hugs,<P>Sheba<BR>

F
F
Does he carry those paddles in his Patrol Car for heart attacts?<P>Hmmmm...you know heart attacts have many different symptoms. Maybe you could get away with using them on your H and even be considered a hero [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just remember to say "Clear!" It seems important in ER, anyway.<P><BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation