Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
He says you all have only one side of the story, that I'm wrong about what I say and do, that he's tried at different times, but I hate him, so why does he bother.<P>To Bill, Medic and Genie, thank you for your responses to my "who cares" post. I am just not in the place to respond over there right now, but I read them.<P>I honestly love you guys. Maybe I don't know myself, my truth is warped and I need a labotomy. All I know is that I've died inside.<P>~Sheryl<BR>

N
NSR Offline
N
David... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I hope you get a chance to read this.<P>We would like nothing more than to hear you too.<P>There are now a number of "couples" who are posting together... incredible openness... what potential!!!<P>Please post...<BR>We want to hear you...<BR>Hear your concerns...<BR>Hear you fears...<BR>Hear what is bothering you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>If you think we are one sided... please realize... we really only have heard from Sheryl... Hearing from you <B>more</B> often will really give us a more balanced view...<BR>We'd like that. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I believe Sheryl would like that too!<P>Sheryl... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I hope you don't mind my invite... regardless of what your "plans" are... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

W
W
David,<P>I join in with Jim, come talk to us. One thing I do know is alot of us here are open minded enough to accept anyone. Jim's right there are several couple posting here.<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

E
E
David -- <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>you all have only one side of the story<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Maybe you ought to come here and start talking then. From what I have seen during my time here, new_beginning is going out of her way to try and work through things. You on the other hand seem to come here. Give a couple sentences saying how innocent you are, then you stay home and abuse your marriage.<P>If we don't know the "whole" story. . . then get you butt out here and TELL US the rest of the story!!!!

K
K
Sheryl you've go e-mail [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>David, talk to us. You read on this board, so you know we are here for everybody, and we don't usually take sides.<P>You guys look abit like me and my H at the begining . We would try and try, talk and talk but then we would always get stuck on the same thing, and end up worse than ever. I thought counselling would help, unfortunately it didn't help much in that area. It was only when we finally realised that we had to diffuse the area where we were always getting "stuck" on, that things started to go forward.<P>Take care you two.<BR>Kat<P>------------------<BR>Each and everyone of us is deserving of a kind word, a gentle thought, and the gift of understanding.

P
P
I wish I could make you feel better. Here is a hug your way.<BR>{{{{{{{{{{{{Sheryl}}}}}}}}}}}}<BR><P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole<P><BR>

N
OP Offline
N
Thank you guys for responding. My H read this thread too... set it down (I'd printed it for him) and said the equivilent of "Humph" and that was that. He may or may not write. <P>Someone was over on the Who Cares thread and gave me and all of us a major slapping down. I just left from there. It's all my fault for coming here and venting, crying, etc. Maybe I should just stay away from here. I keep threatening (airheart keeps track of such things and tells me I've written three "goodbye" messages), but I keep coming back. I love everyone here so much, and want to help, thought I <B>had</B> helped some, and wanted to receive help. I don't know, guys...<P>I am now the "bad guy" and I have you all rallying around me. And that's a very bad thing. <P>I seriously don't know the truth any more. I know I can't be married like this.<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited December 07, 1999).]

N
OP Offline
N
This never went to the top... just moving up so those who replied to me can see what I've written...<P>Again, thanks everyone for your support!

N
N
David & Sheryl,<P>It is very hard for you both I do know that for sure. I know how I felt and now I know much better how my H felt too.<P>For so long we got so wrapped up in our pain and hurt that neither one of us thought that the other could understand or even wanted to, sometimes I suppose that was true to an extent but through it all we did still love each other very much.<P>It is very hard to be open and honest about your feelings, especially when its hard for you to understand them yourself at times.<P>David...<BR>I am sure, no I am positive that no one here on this board was trying to male bash you in any way, but its like someone above said it is hard to understand your side when we don't know it. So I am asking you to please share with us. Sharing is hard too but you both obviously love each other and we really would like to help.<P>I know it may have seemed as if I was trying to talk Sheryl into leaving you but that was not my advice at all. My advice was for her to try and let go and stop trying to fix everything and give you some time to work things out for yourself and herself as well and then work it out together.<P>Sheryl...<P>Try to give yourself and your H a little more time. I know this whole situation consumes you and for the most part it is the only thing that is thought about by both of you, but there is light at the end of the tunnel ---- I PROMISE YOU BOTH THERE IS!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>David again I ask you to share with us, you may find that it is a much easier way to try and communicate with Sheryl as well. We all will be glad to be an advocate for you too.<P>I wish you both the best and happier times are ahead for you guys.<P>{{{{{{{{{{HUGS TO YOU BOTH}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<BR>Love <BR>Genie

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 779 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation