Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
T
chief cook and bottle washer, jane of all trades ...<P>I work in the records and registration office of a community college. My profession? Everything. My title? "Staff Associate" What I do ... well, I don't want to take up too much space, so I will use the description I have on my resume: Creation and maintenance of college records, providing access to academic records within the limits of federal privacy laws. Registering students for current and future semesters, includes data entry and data maintenance.<P>I have become a self-trained "expert" on our administrative software and PC applications. I also provide training and support to co-workers as needed on same. I have developed batch command procedures and menu systems to streamline tasks previously done interactively or manually. I am the one to whom my co-workers refer all questions regarding our computer courses, I am the front line for our phones ... If it happens in our office, very likely I am either the one who does it, or used to do it, or I certainly CAN do it. So far, I know of only two things that are done in our office that I know nothing about ... <P>whew! That was a bit more than you asked for - and probably made it clear that I am feeling a bit overworked/underpaid and resentful at my current job, huh? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR>I can see clearly now,<BR>the rain is gone ...

L
Leilana Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Lora,<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

G
G
Leilana,<P>Your so funny! Major non-no? I love this question.<P>I am an Aero Engineer turned computer geek. I work in the sales group of a large software company (no, not Microsoft so don't anyone ask for software). [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>However, I do have this pain in my lower back I want to ask you about . . . [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by Gonnatry (edited July 09, 2000).]

L
L
I'm a starving website designer, married to an even thinner artist. We're doing what we love, hoping the money will follow... soon! Been at it for 3 1/2 years now and would be doing ok if we hadn't accumulated so much debt along the way. Made some major mistakes along way, but I have total faith that we're on the right path and won't give up. I wonder what the bill collectors will think of that?

H
H
Software Test Engineer for government contractor.

M
M
Hey All,<P>Well, shock of shocks, I'm a Paramedic for the last 22 years and within the last 5 years started my own ambulance service.<P>The later is when my problems started. I put too much time into the business and not enough into the marriage. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I was looking to the future and ignoring the present.

I
I
I am a growing christian.<P>I am an outside sales rep for a chemical company. BOY! Is it ever hard to do when you are trying to find yourself. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Praise the Lord he is here to guide me!<P>Prayers<BR>Renee<P><P>------------------<BR>We can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Repeat that 5 times a day. I promise you success!

C
C
I'm in my 4th "careet"<P>Right out of college I sold wedding gowns in upscale store. Then worked for state in various aspects of human resources. For 9 years I have been a mom/student. Now I'm working as a church secretary [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] while I work up nerve to look for position with a photographer. Or maybe that's not financially stable enough so I still need a good plan. Occupationally, right now, I'm lost and clueless.

S
S
By day, computer programmer, by evening/night, draft horse (Clydesdales and Belgians)breeder/trainer/farrier.

R
R
So Swiz,<P>This is off the topic ... but from your post I'm hearing you probably shoe those Big Monsters yourself. Clydes and Belgians are awesomely beautiful horses. Do you have any Shires?<P>I don't own right now, but looking at buying a warmblood (Hanovarian) this next spring. I want to compete Cross Country. Here in the State of WA it rains quite a bit so it brings new meaning to an endurance ride. Love that Mud!<P>I'd love to hear more about your Farm/Barn, but don't want to pry.<P>Best to a fellow Equestrian,<BR>Jo<p>[This message has been edited by Resilient (edited July 10, 2000).]

B
B
I'm an office manager for a construction company. My self title is "The Office" or "Gardian of the Inheritance" (I work for my Dad). [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I am receptionist, secretary, bookkeeper, acounts payable, accounts receivable, janitor, safety director, contact person, etc. etc... If it needs to be done, I do it. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I used to be a manager of a retail optical chain store (actually 2), and before and after that, and Optometric Assistant/Tech. (semi-medical fields).<P>Butterfly<p>[This message has been edited by Butterfly (edited July 10, 2000).]

S
S
Reslient - Thats OK......I love horses, they are SO HONEST and gentle! When I feel down, and not wanting to talk to anyone, I go to the barn or pasure, and talk to them.<P>Yes, I shoe them! You don't KNOW the meaning of work, until you've been under a 2000 lb horse in 100 degree Texas heat!!!!<P>We have no Shires, but have a friend who has a Shire/TB cross.....beautiful animal!

D
D
Programmer/Web Designer/Technical Writer/Amateur Movie Critic/Novelist<BR>

H
H
Web site design / Network Administrator

T
T
Electrical Engineer and Daytrader Wannabe.

G
G
My call name says it - I am a Field Biologist that specializes in genetics of livestock/animals<P>I also founded and run a non-profit animal health organization - it is International now, and I breed and raise horses and exotic livestock - they are my sanity in my very insane and kaotic life.

A
A
Hi all,<P>What a great thread. Feel like I know you all a little better now. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am a housewife right now...well a house/betrayed wife...lol<P>I will be looking for full-time work as soon as kids go back to school.<P>allison

O
O
OH MY! More "fun stuff".....<P>I'm a nutrition consultant. <P>Absolutely adore my job...for several reasons....but really enjoy the fact that I'm able to work "flex time".

T
T
I am a Clinical Laboratory Scientist aka Medical Technologist. Does anyone know what the heck that is???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahh, as for my profession, I am Suzaku no Miko........Priestess of Suzaku...... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>No, seriously, I work at a bank as a clerk, I can't really say what I do because Tama may be lurking....he might find me! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>OK, I don't care if he knows! I'm a bankruptcy clerk and my job sucks because I never have enough work to do! I'm not too ungrateful in that it does pay bills..... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/zbucketmouse</A> is where my page is. Check it out!:)

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation