Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Q
OP Offline
Q
I have been on Paxil about 7 months - have not had a ton of side effects.<BR>But there have been times when I get this feeling that I could pass out - tingling sensation all over.. lasts a few minutes then it is over.<P>Does anyone know whether taking it in the morning or evening is best? My doctor says anytime is fine, as long as it is taken around the same time everyday. Do you sleep better if it is taken in the morning , or later in the evening?<P>Any weight gain with Paxil? I have gained a few pounds, but the doctor said that Paxil is the least likely of the antidepressants to cause weight gain.<P>Also, I was told that I would be taken off it after about 9 months - anyone else given a time limit that they can be on this?<P><p>[This message has been edited by QueenofFools (edited July 09, 2000).]

R
R
Can't take those SSRI's. Bad Bad side affects for me.<P>I'm a Buspar, Visiril, Remmeron person.<P>They seem to be working pretty good.<P>The Buspar gives me tingles 15 mins aft I take it, kinda like the feeling ... but can't walk real steady when it's happening.<P>Jo

C
C
I’ve been on Paxil for over a year now. There is nothing wrong with taking it indefinitely (although it hasn’t been around a long time to test for long term effects).<P>Wgeb I first started taking it, I had slight diarrhea for a few weeks.<P>If I quit taking it for 3-4 days, I get dizzy spells. Goes away after I start taking it again. If you do quit, you should go off it over 4-8 weeks.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

L
L
I couldn't take it. The doctor tried...put me on a low dosage to be increased at weekly intervals. The low dosage caused too many side effects for me....never increased the dosage and went off w/in a couple of weeks.<P>At least fighting the side effects and the couple of weeks I was on the stuff got me through the roughest part. I don't have much luck w/ meds....aspirin makes me sleepy!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Just report side effects to your dr and you guys work together to decide if it's right for you.<P>Lori

P
P
My wife has been on Paxil for over a year. she suffered from panic attacks and overall her experience has ben very good. She has found that taking it in the morning is best but for a different reason. The side affect that she has suffered most from is a sexual side-affect. It causes her a problem in reaching climax which was never a problem with her in the past (hey, I love a challenge!).<P>We have tried to tackle this together by incorporating more foreplay and oral sex into our love-making and have been, for the most part, successful.<P>Her doctor has tried to lower her dosage a few times with minimal success so we have pretty much accepted th fact that she will be on this for quite a long time.<P>She has not had problems with weight or digestion, or any of the other items except a minor problem with constipation.<P>Hope this helps! I know that PAXIL has helped my wife (and I).<P>

O
O
According to the book, Food/Medication Interactions (10th Ed), the following are the MOST common side effects of Paxil:<P>decreased appetite, increase or decrease in weight, dry mouth, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, weakness, insomnia, drowsiness, dizziness, sweating, tremor.<P>Hope this helps! BTW, if this particular med seems to be more bother than it's worth, please let your MD know your side effects--more than likely you can "trial" another med. Took me 3 tries to get the right one! Oh, and, MD said I'd be on the meds for 6 months and then be "weaned" off slowly.<P>Best of Luck! ~Marie<P>

L
L
With both Paxil and Zoloft I got flashes of "weak & giddy" as I went off them. I lost weight with Paxil, switched to Zoloft for practical reasons (no Paxil at the military pharmacy). I gained weight after I went off both [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. But then, with my H home, I'm cooking more often....

O
O
<BR>I had the same dizzy feeling when I was weaning from Paxil, but not when I was regularly taking the recommended dosage. I had some of same problems other posters have mentioned and one I haven't seen mentioned.<P>For some reason, my sleep wasn't restful. I would act out all my dreams (running, fighting, yelling in my "sleep") and when it came time to get up for the day, I'd be exhausted. I'd sleep all weekend and it seemed I just couldn't sleep enough. Switched from Paxil to Zoloft and after the transition, life was good again. Mostly.<P>Slightly Sane<BR>

Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks everyone<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Q
OP Offline
Q
bringing this to the top for more views.<BR>thanks [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

D
D
I was on Paxil for over a year and really had problems with the side effects. I gained weight and had sexual side effects too, which is tough when you are trying to rebuild your marriage! I never had the tingling you mentioned, though.<P>I tried Zoloft next, which made me so sick that I ended up in the emergency room with severe nausea and dehydration. My psych then put me on Serzone, which has been great. The world has changed for me (and my H too!) It does have some side effects, but they are ones that I can live with - sedation (I just take the pills before I go to bed) and a strange visual thing that happens when I first wake up. Life is so much better now because my being depressed led to many of the problems H and I had that contributed to his decision to have an affair. It's nice to have those out of the way.<P>There are lots of message boards on the web that are related to different drugs. Here is one I know of offhand:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.rxlist.com/rxboard/paxil.pl" TARGET=_blank>http://www.rxlist.com/rxboard/paxil.pl</A> <P>Good luck in your search for the right meds!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks Dancer! I checked out that link - looks like I will find all the information I need there !<BR>Thanks for your help! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation