Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Jeremy,<P> I never thought this could have happened to me.<BR> <BR>When my W of 21 years told me she was having an affair with a co-worker who's 15 years younger than me,I went into immediate shock,and never experienced this feeling before.<BR> <BR>I was never much of a cryer,but was bawling my head off,as she told me happily all about her new love,and the new life she had planned.<P> I lost about 35 lbs in 3-4 weeks,couldn't keep food down,couldn't sleep,and had horrible nightmares when I did.<BR> <BR>I started having panic attacks,when I felt things were completely out of my control.It didn't help when she continued to see him, moved out,trashed me to my in-laws,and told me that I was a good H,but she wanted a divorce,and they would probably get married(to a guy she known only 4 months,who was in gradeschool the day we married,and who's previous W cheated on him,and dumped him). <P> It took several months,but the weight came back on,I started exercising more,walking,and eating better.Also did a lot of reading,and learned that this wasn't ALL my fault.<P>Once you begin to realize that you have no control over the situation,and you have to get stronger,take care of yourself,and learn to accept what life throws at you,you will find that you are no longer a victim.<P> ~~Murph<P>

B
B
I also have an addiction: Diet Dr Pepper.<P>Liters are $.79, and I buy at least two a day, and then I drink all of my dad's stash. He finally quit buying it because I drink it all.<P>Diet Coke comes in second, black licorice third.<P>I have to stop--I'm killing myself!!!! (har har!)

B
B
1<p>[This message has been edited by Bernzini (edited August 12, 2000).]

G
G
Let's see, mine is not as bad as some others.<P>I lost about 35 lbs. Now about at the same weight I was when I graduated high school.<P>I lost all concentration. Flunked out of a very competitive Ph.D. program. Oh well, maybe when I get my life back together, I can beg them to take me back.<P>Weight is still off after 8 months and concentration is coming back. So it gets better.

S
S
up to the top !!!!!!!!!!

R
R
Up to the TOP!

R
R
One more thing, or two maybe. <BR> <BR>I noticed just shortly after I turned 40-ish that the newspaper started publishing in smaller print. During this present situation, just to add salt to the wound, it seems they're printing in yet smaller type!! Those saddistic SOBs! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] And then there is the double vision...<BR>Actually, for a long time it seemed like swirling smoke in front of me. it has since gone for the most part.<P>The other thing is my voice. I was a tenor, now baritone. How'd THAT happen??<P>Still keeping honest with my pledge of no eating after 5pm...unless a woman asks me to dinner. (Needless to say, the I never had [got] to break THAT pledge.) <BR> <BR>Sleeping better...except if the kitten decides I slept enough. And did a group bike ride yesterday (a group of 14K or more) and just powered my way. Did the 29 miles in about 2 and a half. Not bad for the second time out riding this year!<P>Like I said before, look for the silver in this cloud. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>rrunrr<BR>(No, I don't run.)<P>ps. If you feel good about the weight thing, do NOT brag about it around the wrong people. My arm got bruised yesterday simply because I said....!<BR><p>[This message has been edited by rrunrr (edited August 14, 2000).]

M
M
hehehe...<P> Made me think about my xf-in-law...he saw me about a month or so after discovery...was shocked. "You're soooo skinny!" He repeated this about a dozen times, and then told me that I had to come have dinner with him and x-mom-in-law, a couple of times a week. They were worried that I was starving myself. <P> I could have done without the panic attacks and hair-loss, though. Oh, *and* the lovely shade of gray around my eyes. Really attractive, huh?<P> I am doing much better, now. Still smoke. *Sigh* I'll quit, one day, yeah, right. Maybe I could hire someone to smack me every time I try to light up. They'd have to be willing to put up with a LOT of abuse though. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P> Mynabird

G
G
Yeah, the first time stbxmil (got that) saw me after we split, she commented on how much weight I had lost. Me, in my most charming and diplomatic manner, told her that I was on the "infidelity diet." <P>But I haven't been invited over for dinner yet.

M
M
LOL, GB...<P> My x-in-laws are an old Italian man and Irish woman( quite a mix, huh?). They love me to pieces. Imagine this (massive Italian accent) "You looka like death, bella!" Now, Irish brogue... "Gitcher reah in heah and eeat some food, why doncha? Ja-sus, Joseph, an' Mary!"<P> I wouldn't have made it through the darker days, if not for them. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Just love 'em to bits. They were not very happy with their son. They are very old school... you are supposed to remain married, no matter what!<P> They are also seasoned pros at spoiling our daughter rotten. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I let them... it's their job, like they say. You should hear Papa... "Anyone ever hurt mah babe (grandD), I smasha his face in-AH!"<P> Mynabird~~ grinning myself silly. Love 'em!<P>

R
R
Now that you mention it...maybe that is why my MIL asks if I would drive her (BIL had to take her keys) to other BIL's restaurant? I didn't think she really was concerned. But since recovering herself from a broken hip, she is happy with her own weight loss, also!<P>I should patent my diet.<P>RRunRR<BR>

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
4 members (SadNewYorker, 3 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation