Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
Hey you guys ... Lora's post about the crockpot gave me an idea. Why don't you guys tell us what THINGS remind you of the A or OP and how are you gonna get rid of it or trash it???<P>I'll start ... my H got a slimy sleazy ugly smelly shirt from OW, he didn't take it with him so I'm gonna stick it in the catbox for a couple days, then give it to my H. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Also, we have a really cool stunt kite that my H and I bought at the Ocean and had a bunch a fun with a couple years back. Last summer H took OW to a park and flew OUR kite w/her.<P>So now I'm gonna take siccors to it and then burn it.<P>Now it's your turn. Lets hear it guys!<P>Jo<P>------------------<BR>Josie_Res@Hotmail.com<P>"Remain flexible like a reed, as opposed to an oak which can snap in the wind"<p>[This message has been edited by Resilient (edited August 24, 2000).]

B
B
I am never going to be happy smelling that new Lauren cologne for men. I picked that out for him, and she gave it to him for xmas. We must have similar taste.<P>My h had Xmas pictures taken in NY, she obviously took them, I have already shredded every damn one! Happy in NY, huh? Snip. snip.<P>The picture we took in Wales las year for our 15th ann, was proudly displayed. It is in a drawer.<P>As a matter of fact, all pictures of us being happy together are ALL in a drawer. I cannot stand to see us when we were happy. I feel so betrayed. He has not chosen me yet. My wedding rings are off for the duration too!<P>Electric shock therapy maybe to stop the visions of him with this facless woman with a great figure!!!!!<P>Anythiing to do with Vegas is also nixed,(Where they met.)<BR>

Y
Y
My H showed up with an ugly green shirt that I know she bought for him. I threw it in the trash with the tags still on it. Funny thing, my H has never even mentioned it being gone. (He said he bought himself!)

R
RWD Offline
R
I repainted my bedroom and bathroom to some more manly colors. I also got rid of all the bed linens, although I don't think anti-bob was ever in my house.

L
L
OK, I'll confess.<BR>That shirt OW gave him for his B-day last year? Well, he is not taking it when he moves. I have it hidden away while I contimplate just what is a fitting end to it. Somehow I doubt he will be asking me where it is.<BR>Lora

F
F
OK...love the anti-Bob thing. Do you think calling her the anti-Faith is kinder or less kind than the Brazen Hussy B****? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Anyway, I found men's Hugo wedged under the seat in the car...must have been precious to him.<P>My H was actually at home when I found it. Oh where oh where was the proper place for it in my life?<P>I dropped it into the doggie do-do bag. It was, after all, a steaming pile of something, wasn't it?

H
H
Well, I guess I'd have to burn down my house. They "christened" half of the rooms in it one wild weekend. It really hurts as this is our dream house that we built and moved into last September!<P>Really, though, if my H decides to leave, I'll be shipping the comforter and sheets from our bed to them. If he decides to stay, I'll be burning them and replacing them with the new comforter and sheets that are sitting in the corner waiting for our new life to begin---either together or apart.<P>Other triggers--she shares the same first name with one of our daughters good friends, and there is a street that is her first name that is on the way to McDonald's (and with 3 small kids, we go there way too much!!).

O
O
<BR>Several new things appeared around our house just before and just after W first met OM. Most of them were hidden - at least a little bit. She bought some new items from Victoria's Secret - I never saw her wear them.<P>All are gone now. Some of them I just tossed in the trash. Some of them I confiscated and hid for a while to see if she dared ask me about them. She didn't, so I trashed them too. The only thing left that I know of is a credit-card receipt that she keeps in her purse. I have no idea why she still has it. For some reason it doesn't bother me.<P>Slightly Sane<P>

L
L
One of the most reassuring things my H did for me this past Feb was leave a broken Brian Selzter "Dirty Boogie" CD in my work mailbox. It was from her Xmas 98. I already owned it because it WAS one of my favs.<P>I kept the broken pieces on my desk for a couple months, but finally, I threw them away as she has no place in my/our life.<P>Guard, that was REALLY sweet. Who says Plan A doesn't work... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

J
J
He had a button stuck in the dash of his car that said "Wild Woman", discovered shortly after D day (I rarely rode in his car). I later found it in a pile of things in the garage that he had cleaned out from his car. It's gone now. Just this week -- a year later -- I finally threw away the cell phone bill that uncovered it all. However, I bought a rude greeting card shortly after D day with a little old lady on the front sticking up her middle finger and on the inside it said "Sometimes words are not enough". I really had no intention of sending it to her, it just amused me to think about it. I still have it.

F
F
H showed up while we were separated wearing a new ugly sweater. He claimed to have bought it (he'd rather have his eyes poked out than clothes shop) when he moved back home it sat in the closet. One day I just threw it away. He never said a word. Also he had this little bag that he would put things in whenever he left (during his revolving door phase). I pitched that too.<P>One trigger I can't stand is that the OW has the same name as the main character in a popular TV show (which H and I used to watch). The actress is also everywhere these days. H has never mentioned the fact that we don't watch the show anymore. Someone on this board even uses that name (and it's not particularly common).

C
C
I LOVE THIS!!!!<P>Let me see, where shall I start?<P>First, How do you get rid of the Baymont Inn?<BR>Can't wait until some Iranian conglomerant comes in and takes it over!!! I'll recommend a name for them.<P>The day I caught them, H was wearing a baseball cap we bought him in Maui'98 a pair of white sweatpants and a tee-shirt...<BR>I pull his sweatpants down to his ankles, ripped his tee-shirt off in pieces and took that cap... He has wondered what happened to that cap several times, I have it and I hate it now, I don't know when I'll dispose of it. One thing for sure, he will never wear it again.<P>The towels I so generously gave him when he moved out to "find himself", I am certain she used them, when he brought them home I put a black indelible ink X on the corner of each one so I would be able to identify them and not use them for myself. I just recently cut them all up into rags, I am using those rags for every nasty, filthy job I can possibly think of, I could no longer look at the big black X. Not to mention, I have given every one in the neighborhood a cleaning RAG.<P>See you later, Cathy

E
E
OK - I confess. Several of his CD's have mysteriously disapeared, the ones he sang along with so passionately during the A. <BR>And I have gradually thrown away ALL of his underwear and replaced with new, little by little. All family photos that included him that were taken during the duration of the A are in a box, can't stand to look at his smirky smile - just seems to be saying, "I've got a secret". A couple of shirts and a pair of shorts are gone too, ones that I knew he was wearing while out with her. The best though, is that he voluntarily sold his car, where I knew they spent alot of time during the A. Oh yes, I bought him a new wedding band for our anniversary, and threw the old one away.

C
C
Everhopeful:<P>Ditto on the smirkey smile photos, how'd you like to have some from your daughter's $20 grand wedding? It's a shame I hate to look at those pics. But what can I do, I can't destroy those.<P>Cathy

C
C
Cathy! OMG!!! *ROFLMAO* I've got TEARS! Thanks, I needed the laugh! If you talk to that Iranian Conglomerate, see if they want the Motel 6 in Bellingham too! Although it was quite fitting for them - cheap hotel for a cheap ho! *lol*<P>Okay, I traded in my Corsica the second I got word that they, um, christened it. That was a sentimental car, too - I brought my baby home in that car! It makes me feel dirty to even THINK that I sat where they scr*wed! Oh well, I got a new car, so I'm not complaining.<P>Also, he has this ugly green silk shirt that he bought during the A to impress Fatal Attraction. I hated that thing, but didn't see it for awhile. He started wearing it again while I was in Dallas. Now, somehow it's ripped to shreds...(gee, honey, I guess the ferret got a hold of it! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] )<BR>

M
M
My H and OW's affair really heated up on a trip to Peru. Needless to say, everything in our house from that he brought back from Peru drives me crazy. However, I feel that destroying or damaging these items would be a huge LB, so I restrain myself. Just hearing about the country Peru is upsetting to me though.<P>She also gave him a book of poetry for his birthday (not love poems, just a compilation of Americans' favorite poems.) This was before I knew about affair and only thought they were friends. It says Happy Birthday "H", "OW". I desperately want to tear out that one page, but am afraid it would drive my H away. <P>Right now, OW has called off affair. H and OW will continue to work together. H has said he will do counseling with me after some time to come to terms with OW's decision. Therefore, I do not want to do anything to rock the boat right now.

L
L
OK today was the day. That shirt I had hidden away is now rags that I will use to clean today then dispose of. Oops, a little acident with the scissors.<BR>lora

W
W
Yes yes, burn 'em down, 'em hotels in all those cities, but my pastor rather we 'christened' those hotels by going there to make love and claim them our own instead. <P>And OW literally gave him a whole new wardrobe which he claimed he bought himself. I actually bought him a new set of really nifty workclothes and ties which he loved. Then, one month later he started having more and more shopping sprees (to disguise the OW gifts) and soon I thought H was turning into a clothes horse in his 'middle age'. OW wanted him to wear her choice of clothes and often I see him leaving the house like a gigolo ala richard gere! So smooth and so boldly coloured! I thought midlife crisis came early for him.<P>I bought (he paid for) the brand of perfume he gave her and used that to spray into my baby's poopoo dustbin - and proclaim to him that the perfume smelled worse than the poo poo. Oh my sanity!<P>Now that I hear about the underwear - I must do something about that as well!<P>I also threatened to cart his whole wardrobe (the ones I bought) and stand at a street junction and give them away to any Tom, [censored] and Harry who happen to walk by - since he doesn't treasure our marriage, what are clothes and my gifts to him.<P>Best thing is - he said he fell into the A because he was being kind (listening to her, etc). My mother told H that kindness should see him in an old folks' home helping with their loneliness, not in bed with some whore!<P>I haven't slept a wink but this is therapeutic!

E
E
His favorite jacket has just disappeared!!<BR>Oops!

B
B
My Husband is sooooo hard to shop for. So when I saw the beautiful bathrobe in the catalogue, I thought "That's it!! That's one thing that he does not have and would like to have! Perfect!"<P>So I bought it, feeling proud of myself that I could give him a Christmas present that he could use and really love. And he did. When he opened the package, he said "Gosh, this is really pretty!"<P>It was quite expensive, and I didn't have a lot of money to spend--but I thought that it was a special Christmas. I bought him a leather coat, an expensive German razor, and some new software for his computer. And this darling little coffee mug with Felix the Cat on it. It was a hard find, and I took pains to special order it.(He likes Felix the Cat.)<P>I really thought that that would be a Christmas to remember for him--that I really showed him that I loved him. The credit card payments were never-ending.<P>I found this picture of OW, wearing the bathrobe right out of the shower. I found a picture of her wearing the leather coat, all prettied up and ready for a date. I saw a picture of her standing in front of his computer desk, right next to a big picture of our son with the coffee mug on the desk.<P>If I ever get back to Japan, the bathrobe is going straight into the garbage shoot. The futon that they consumated their love on--well, I would really enjoy sneaking over to her house some night and dumping it on her lawn. As for his car, I will never again ride in it after she was in it, smoking her cigarettes and stinking it up.<P>Allow me a little bitterness.<BR>

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 368 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation