Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#400033 01/21/00 03:48 AM
J
OP Offline
J
I guess I'm in for quite a roller coaster ride in the next few months. This morning my H e-mailed me from the office about taking a few days off from work so we can have some fun and meaningful time together. I told him that was great, and that I really loved the snuggling in bed that morning, and that I loved him. I also tried to gently (If there is any way to do it) remind him that he needed to let the OW know he would not like any more contact with her, and that he would not be paying her any more money. I wanted to be a part of this process, as delineated in the MB site, and it was the important first step before I could go off on a romantic holiday with him. Then I sent him an e-card, since it is National Hugging Day, and he sent me a cute one back. I was looking forward to lunch together, since he gets to come home everyday for lunch.<P>At lunch, almost no conversation on a personal level. He had nothing to say to me afterwards, and never could look me in the eye the entire time. I gave him a neck and shoulder massage. Before leaving for work, he gave me a big hug, but it was one of his "formal" hugs, like he was required to do it but his heart wasn't in it.<P>I just got on to my e-mail this afternoon, and he's making demands of me to lose weight, setting goals for me, and wanting to know what my plans were to terminate my obsession with food. I don't know where he's been in the lst few weeks, but I've been exercising my brains out daily, and I've successfully lost 15 lbs. in the last month.<P>Am I being overly sensitive, am I being overly insensitive to him, or is he playing me for a fool again and avoiding cutting it off from the OW?<P>And when do I/we get to switch to the recovery group?<P>JP

#400034 01/21/00 08:17 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
jungle_princess,<P>You're doing good...<P>Why don't you post (on your fridge) on a sheet of paper your progress (weight loss) so your H can notice it. Maybe he can help you more gently!<P>The "no contact" letter is something to go for when 'you' think it's right... hopefully when he's in the mood to do some kind of reconciling...<P>Best Wishes...<P>Jim

#400035 01/21/00 09:22 AM
Y
Y
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jungle_princess:<BR><B><P>Am I being overly sensitive, am I being overly insensitive to him, or is he playing me for a fool again and avoiding cutting it off from the OW?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Here is where you start working on the communication in your marriage... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>When all else fails, ask.<BR>Again, see if he will come to this site and join you in posting. Dylan (soulloss) and I have been here since sept or so, and reading each others posts has given us and insight into each other that might have been more difficult to acheive by just talking.<P>As for joining the revovery board, well, recovery starts now, albeit slowly. You have a rough road ahead, but at least you are on it. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>deut

#400036 01/21/00 11:11 AM
T
T
Do you think your demands for no contact triggered his complaints and demands for you to change?<P>Okay, let's back up. How could you have handled the request for no contact differently? <P>Infidelity makes the pace and reasonabiity in a relationship turn topsy turvey and way out of wack. At the point of discovery the moods, interactions, blame, demands, etc. all are in a pot and boiling over, and it is very volatile.<P>The best thing for you is to try and stabalize you and physically get strong. At this point, don't over anazlyze everything that is happening. Sometimes it doesn't make sense. And be absolutely careful what you say. I sometimes think being drugged to the point of an inability to communicate or talk is a good idea at this point. (would've helped me for sure, anyway.)<P>Do you see how one little thing you do can cause a rage of unreasonableness? This is what the ride is like for a while. <P>Concentrate on managing you, and getting physically strong. Sleep at the right time, eat and exercise responsibly, take care of YOU physically right now. Your physical strength is what will help your emotions become manageable.<P>And don't say or do anything to upset the applecart at this time. Okay?<P>Big hugs to you. <BR>tnt

#400037 01/22/00 05:23 PM
P
P
My husband, the betrayor, gently requests I continue losing weight. Sorry, but I'm a little too disillusioned and hurt to worry about what he thinks right now. His betrayal is about who he is, not who I am. I've got my own stuff to work on and weight is not a top priority. When does he give you a neck massage? Why must you try to make the bridge for him to come back? Didn't he betray you? How should he build that bridge? Definitely not be making demands...sounds like wall-building, not bridge building.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation