Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#402259 09/13/00 12:48 AM
V
VAR Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Well, last night my wife told me she thinks she would already have left if it was not for the children. She was in great pain as she agonized over what this will do to the children. "Will this condemn them to ultimately having divorces when they marry?" I did not answer, just listened. Provided hand holding as wails and sobs came from her mouth. She holds great guilt within her already. She made a comment that she sometimes it feels like it would be better if she were ..., and she trailed off. It was obvious to me by the look on her face that she was going to say "dead" but couldn't bring herself to it. I told her don't ever think that way. I encouraged her both in a letter and verbally to more actively seek support from her counselor (Once a week doesn't seem enough to me). She has taken to drinking 5-7 beers per night, and I advised her that this could not help her make a clear and proper decision regarding her future. Now people on this forum encourage me to begin Plan A. As I enterpret Plan A, I am basically supposed to put my foot down and tell her to never see him again. I'd love to do that but feel that her fragile condition could result in catastrophe if I do that. She is still with me, at my house, at my table, and in my bed. She feels that wihtout the passion she feels when with him, life is not worth living. I'm trying to encourage family time (go to the park, etc.). This has been fairly well received. I've tried to go for together time for the two of us, and other than renting movies, this has not been accepted. I don't want to drive her back to him, but I feel by forcing them apart I would be doing just that. My question is if I allow her to see him, will the affair run its natural course and die, or do I need to make it as inconvenient as possible? I would appreciate any and all suggestions. I have ordered the Surviving an Affair book, but have yet to recieve it.

#402260 09/12/00 04:23 PM
J
J
VAR,<P>You misunderstand Plan A. It is about you looking at yourself and working on the things you did to bring the marriage to the state where an affair was an option for your spouse. It to make being with you in your home a place of comfort for your W, so that when the affair does end, she will know that she is loved and can come home safely. It is about avoiding Love Busters.<P>From the sounds of things you are doing many things very well. Please check out NSR's welcome on this forum. Within it there is a description of Plan A and Plan B. Read it.<P>So far it sounds as if you are doing very well. It also seems that your W is very depressed. Is there any chance of getting her to a Dr. to get some anti-D's? If so, do so.<P>Hang in there VAR, you are in for a long ride but all is not lost.<P>God Bless,<P>JL

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
2 members (SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 968 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation