Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#402668 10/09/00 01:19 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I am amazed at the number of people complaining about their spouses having Internet Affairs. What I am truely suprised at is that no one seems to understand that you can pull the plug on the computer, or at least the modem!<P>Are you so afraid of the reaction your afraid to take away the tools being used to destroy your marriage? WHY???<P>And to the arguement that he/she "needs" the internet, horse hockey! We all lived without it for years and we don't "need" it now. Learn the differance between I "need" something and I "want" something.<BR>

#402669 10/09/00 01:35 PM
P
P
Country Guy,<P>When I discovered my H's internet affair - I demanded the computer be disconnected and put in a closet. His reply was that that was the most ridiculous thing he'd ever heard and if I were going to act so stupid he might as well just leave. Or words to that effect anyway.<P>My point is that he was SO emotionally attached to the OW, that he would rather have left me and his two children to continue the online affair than to just unplug the computer and put it in the closet. <P>Staying together gave me the chance to Plan A my heart out (most of the time; with occasional lapses and LBs) and draw him closer to myself as he gradually withdrew from OW.<P>So, at least in my case, the answer wasn't as black and white as just getting rid of the computer, which would have been fine with me! Hope this gives you another perspective.<P>periwinkle

#402670 10/09/00 11:05 PM
A
A
I think it is naive to think that simply unplugging the computer would solve the problem. Yes - it was the tool for my husband, but the problems between us existed for years. Tossing the computer wouldn't solve anything.

#402671 10/10/00 11:20 AM
C
OP Offline
C
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alberta:<BR><B>I think it is naive to think that simply unplugging the computer would solve the problem. Yes - it was the tool for my husband, but the problems between us existed for years. Tossing the computer wouldn't solve anything.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmmm.... I agree that it won't solve the "real" problem. But I look at it like a drunk driver. Taking away the car won't solve the drinking but it sure limits the chances of self injury. (Or hurting others.)<P>I just have a very hard time understanding anyone allowing this to go on in their own home.

#402672 10/10/00 01:20 PM
G
G
What I find unbelievable is that there are people out there who fall for someone sight unseen (like my W). She works around men all the time and says "you're all alike". Then I find her shacked up with the OM twice in two months. A guy she met on the Internet, a guy with a wife who knows she has children, a guy that was asking me for business advice two weeks before he and my wife started this IA. This man is nothing more than a predator who seeks women with marital woes, finds the source and then begins to meet their ENs. He is a grown-up molester who never intends to marry his victims, merely get his way with them. Then he leaves the pieces of a shattered marriage behind for guys like me to try and salvage. I feel some much rage towards this individual that he's fortunate I live 7 hours away.

#402673 10/10/00 01:54 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Gill,<P>It probably wouldn't do for you to see or confront this a**hole. However if your looking for volunteers I'll raise my hand.<P>Yes I'm serious. Personally, I believe if more of these folks were confronted with the damage they cause they would change their ways. If that isn't enough then the damage I would cause them would!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 835 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation