Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#403793 12/28/00 07:14 PM
B
OP Offline
B
I have posted this on 2 other forums. I need some help.<BR>My name is mark.<BR>I'm 32, my wife is 31. We have been married for 8 yrs. The thursday before Christmas my wife told me she was not happy. Hasnt been for several months. She is leaving friday morning for 4 days away to have space.<BR>She has mentioned divorce, and separation.<BR>Her female friend who is her support is lesbian. My wife told me she has an attraction to her. <P>I guess she is falling in love with her friend. Heck I dont know.<P>I am prepared for divorce.<BR>She said she cant give up her friendship with the other woman.<P>I told her that if we was going to try and work on our marriage, I dont think it would be healthy for her to be seeing the other woman. <P>I dont know what to do. I'm the working poor.<BR>I dont have insurance, and I cant afford a councler. I would really like to try working on our marriage. <P>I wish she would have told me about this long ago. I feel it is too far gone.<BR>I am feeling, and have felt since she told me of this, overwhelmed. I cant function. I cant sleep. I dont have no desire to eat.I need help. I try to stay busy. I quit drinking a while back. Drinking is not the answer I know that.<P>I dont have friends that I call true friends, someone to talk to. I told my mother today. Told her that we was putting up a front Christmas day. The marriage situation was as much a shock to her as it was to me.<P>Mom tried to comfort me. She'll do anything I ask, but I dont know what to do.<P>I feel hopeless and helpless.<BR>I guess the way I feel....I need more help than our marriage. <BR>I feel overwhelmed. I cant make heads or tails of the emotions inside myself.<BR>Please help if possible. I dont know what to do.<P>Any free support groups in knoxville,tn?<P><BR>broken in tennessee<P>

#403794 12/28/00 10:35 PM
R
R
I'm sorry you are going through this. Luckily, you found this site, because here you will get lots of support and advice.<P>I'd suggest posting on General Questions II instead of here, because you'll get more response there. Your case is fairly classic, much like the rest of us here that are fighting to save our marriages. Standard lines such as they are not in love anymore, it is too late, we are too different, those are a few of the usual things. Usually want to separate to have some space. That translates into needing to have space to be with their new love interest. Only difference in your case is it is a woman. But otherwise, very common, so you are not alone here.<P>If you haven't already, read on here about Plan A, EN, and LB. You need to start seriously evaluating what was wrong with your marriage to cause your wife to wander, and start making changes right now. Look for a posting from NSR in this or General Questions II, because he provides links to the stuff I mention above. If you can't find it, post and let us know.<P>Plan A is about making those changes, and being the best you can be. It is a long process, with no guarantee, but right now all you can do is be the best option for your wife. By doing the Plan A stuff, you become more attractive to her.<P>Post as much as you need to here. The support is what gets alot of us through these situations.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation