Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
Hi All,<P>As my title says shopping trip was a success. <P>ZERO lovebusters!!!<P>In fact many deposits were made.<P>Today was the first time Robin and I hung out in puplic in 2 1/2 months. As hard as it was I stuck to my plans. When we had lunch she was very depressed, I wonder why. She statred talking about the finances, I told her not to worry and got the conversation going about gift giving on our limited budget. I kept things pretty light hearted.<BR>We decided to do all of our shopping at Wal-Mart. On the way in I told her not to worry lets just have fun. That's exactly what we did. We got all of Abbey's gifts. It was very nice shareing that together. You know getting all the goodies a being excited about her finding all of Santa's surprises under the tree. It felt like last year. We had a ball. I even did some goofie stuff that embarassed us both and we were laughing so hard. We all know she could NEVER have moments like that with OB.<P>On the way home I invited her to spend the night x-mas eve w/me at our new house, this is where we have the tree. She said ok, but afriend told her not to because of false expectations by me. I assured her I didn't have any(small lie), I do have alot of acceptance. We got back here and we stashed the toys in the attic. When I climbed down she gave me a huge hug and thanked me for haveing a good time.<P>Meanwhile SIL and my cousin were baby sitting. Abbey had just gone down for her nap when we got back here. This was at 4:30, we knew she would sleep for two hours. SIL suggested I take Robin to dinner. I said no, I have to go to a meeting. I figured we had had a good enough time and I didn't want to push my luck, and besides I was running out of things to talk about.<P>Tomorrow Robin has agreed to to attend church service. I can fell God working as long as I stay out of the way.<P>PLAN-Aing is easy when you're having fun.<BR>So far this week she has had nothing but good thoughts about me. Hopefully next week will be more of the same.<P>Maybe it's wishful thinking, I thought I caught that certain gleam in her eye a couple of times today.<P>God ia great and does work miracles.<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

S
SDS Offline
S
Bill, you did good. Pat your self on the back. Now make that small lie into the truth, don't have any expectations for Christmas eve. Just enjoy! You also did good about not pushing. And no talking about the affair, Great! If you keep things light and fun. I think you will make a lot of love deposits. You did good! <P>------------------<BR>di<P>

R
R
Oh, WilliamJ, <P>This is WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Somehow, I could see you doing something really silly in Walmart!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Nice that you kept things on a level field without LBing. Also, pretty smart to not go out ot dinner as that might have come across as pushy.<P>I wonder what she could possibly see in a 17 year old?????? Cute until they open their mouths!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I am sharing your joy tonight!!!<P>Roll Me Away<BR><P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

N
NSR Offline
N
Bill,<P>Nothing but [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] from me!<P>Way to go!<P>I hope you got my earlier e-mail.<P>Jim

W
OP Offline
W
I don't want to get too carried away, however I do feel pretty good.<P>Thanks for caring so much.<P>RMA, you're right about OB he even has bad teeth.<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

R
RWD Offline
R
Bill, <BR>Way to go !!!! I knew you could do it!<BR>Just keep doing the same thing!<P>You basically have to win her heart just as you first did when you first started dating. She has to fill safe, that you won't "attack" her about the affair.<P>Hang in there!!<P>I have to agree about the 17 yo thing. I was 25 and single and dated a 19 yo for a very short time. On the first date, she told about her future plans that changed 3 times in an hour. Her beauty kept me coming back, but the thought processes chased me away.<P>Best of luck and God Bless<P>Bob<P>------------------<BR>"You can't always get what you want! But if you try real hard,you might just find, you get what you need!"<BR>Mick Jagger

N
N
Oh WilliamJ,<P>I am so happy and proud of you!!!! I could just give you a big hug! It sounds as if you have gotten it down pat and that the good times you are having with Robin are keeping you focused, BIG THUMBS UP!!!!!<P>I also agree that you should not push or expect anything on X-mas eve. I'd like to suggest that you think about that some and try to predict different scenerios and have ideas on how to handle some of these. The main one that I think of is bedtime. This wil be a BIG night for you both, a night that can be very benefiticial to you or damaging, that will be up to you.<P>I am sure that this OP will simply hate this and will add pressure. That is what happened in my case, so much so that our original plans were changed. If this happens let the OP be the bad guy... do not ask why, cause you already know. And be acceptable to that if it comes about. Might say that you were looking forward to it but that you understand and leave it at that. That is "if" that would happen.<P>Anyway, I know you feel great and I am feeling great for you too. This makes my night and you should be very very very proud of yourself. A job truly well done!<P>Love your coach LOL<P>Genie

M
M
Congratulations!!!!! That is so exciting. I am so happy for you and Robin. She is one very lucky lady...she just doesn't realize it right now...but she will. This is awesome news. Keep up the excellent work.<P>Congratulations again!!!!!!<P>------------------<BR>God Bless you and yours,<P>Sheryl W.<P>www.widesmiles.org/gallery/britanie<BR>

N
N
Will...I'm glad that your shopping day went well. I didn't realize that your W is dating a 17 yr. old. I can't imagine why she would want to date a kid. Anyway...I hope things will continue to go well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation