Hi Nancy -<P>I read your response on an earlier thread. I'm interested in your weekly Domestic Violence Classes - are they offered through HAWC? I just obtained a Restraining Order against my husband on the grounds of mental cruelty.<P>How long were you married? How old are your daughters?<P>Would you share more of your story with me? I've become pretty knowledgeble about V/A after 16 years with this man - and when I left the courtroom, a woman followed me out and said I was her hero. (Her case was coming up and she hoped to be as calm as I) But I've got a lot left to learn.<P>Basically, I kicked my H out 18 months ago for the abuse, then found out he'd had an affair. We reconciled after about 3 months. This board was helpful to me, as I struggled with the infidelity. However, my H let me do all the work and never addressed the abuse issue. His behaviors subsided for awhile, but have returned. He hit our 15 yr old son, and our son's therapist was considering a 51A. It finally dawned on me that I could be cited for "failure to protect" and I was clear about what I had to do the next time he got nasty.<P>Let me know what you've learned from your experience. Thanks!<P>[This message has been edited by Maura (edited December 23, 1999).]<P>[This message has been edited by Maura (edited December 23, 1999).]<p>[This message has been edited by Maura (edited December 23, 1999).]