Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
This was the worst year in a very long time and now 2000 seems to be off on a bad start. Is it just me? Or does everyone get stressed out more easily then before the affair crisis? This has nothing to do with H and his affair. Needed to vent. My older sister lives in a different city and has slowly stoppped contact over the past couple of years. I knew this meant bad news because she has had a lot of problems in the past i.e drugs,abusive boyfriends,etc. I'm always here to help but if she doesn't want it then my hands are tied. But this involves CHILDREN! An 8 and 2 year old chlidren are at a big risk. The 8yr.old-A's father and I are trying to see what is happening here in my city but I can't get in touch with the social workers on the case. My sister lives with the 2yr.old's-S father and he has been trouble from the start. They are living in the inner city and are messed up in drugs and her in prostituion. I just found this out today and am going crazy with worry. My sister has always had pride in the way she looked and in her children and home. To sink this low she must be in alot of pain. Apparently this isn't the first time welfare has interviewed A! A's father in trying to get the legal papers settled so he can take A home until my sister gets on her feet. But what about S? I'll take him in my home before foster homes are an choosen by the ministry. My nerves are shot! All of my adult life I have taken care of children and worked with at risk parents yet I couldn't help my own sister before it got this bad! I pray that the children are not abused as badly as the nightmare thoughts go through my mind. I feel helpless. I know this isn't a marriage issue but it helps to get it out .<BR>Thanks

L
L
{{{{{{{{{{{{{Same Becca}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>I am soooo sorry. You can vent about anything you want here. That's what friends are for.<P>Lori

J
J
I'm not sure what state you live in, but there is an order that the courts have, called an "emergency custody order". You can go to the court house and provide proof that at this time the children are in an unstable enviroment and explain to them your sister's situation. This will allow the children to come with you. Or A go with his father and S with you. Also the Dept of Social Services holds the right to take the children immediately if they find that it is an unstable enviroment. Usually when they take the children they will try to contact a family member for the children to stay. I deal with this quite often even in my profession. Don't beat yourself up about your sister. You know we are responsible for our own actions. You have gone through a lot in your own life and can't be responsible for the life of other. It's only natural to feel the way you do. It's obvious that you are a loving and giving individual. Good Luck and God's Blessing to you and your entire family. I'll pray for you and also your sister's rehabilitation.<P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the replys. I feel less anxious than earlier today. Jamie-Lee - I lve in Canada and the social workers are still investigating (suppose to be surprise home visit today). It's the waiting game thats hard. Just wished she lived in B.C. then she would have more support. Thanks again<BR> BECCA

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,052 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation