Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
k, first of all...<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>Dylan is a little on the miffed side... nothing to serious here, just a few little 'eek's...<BR>1st of all, last week she let me sleep in and while I was sleeping she stuck these cute little notes everywhere (post-its with love notes on them) When I wole up, I saw one right away and smiled. I didn't notice the others right away - I have been finding them all week and each time it brings a smile to my heart. Meanwhile though, Dylan isn't always present when I find them and misses my reaction. Consequently she feels like I wasn't touched by them, which is soooooooo untrue.<BR>The other thing centers around a friend of mine. This fella's wife is somewhat difficult and whiney... ok somewhat more than somewhat... any way, he has to ask permission before he does anything. His W and mine are virtually at opposite ends of just about any spectrum you could think of. Problem is he likes to commiserate with me. This is causing big probs with Dylan as he treats her as if she is just as controlling and petulant as his own wife- usually in a joking lighthearted manner, but repeatedly so that it seems as if there is something behind it. I'm actually answering my own question as to how to deal with this as I write this post, so I guess I don't really need much advice...<BR>ok....<BR>thanks everyone...<BR>deut<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] lol

H
H
sorry about that-I goofed [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by heartache (edited January 12, 2000).]

H
H
Hey Deut-<P><BR>You just need to think fast and hard about what little things you might be able to do to surprise her and put a smile in her heart-ya know? I mean really-if she is giving you positive strokes then all you have to do is give her positive strokes. Be creative. I have gone as far as slipping notes or cards in my H's lunch inside his food (I put them in plastic wrap first so they aren't ruined when he does find them). There are all sorts of ideas-in fact-read my psot from earlier today.<P>As far as your friend and that situation-tell soulloss that heartache said it isn't worth worrying about (something she might say to me eh). <P>In my case the OW's H told me after all was in the open that he always thought I had my H on a string. Now tell me why if a man likes spending time at home or with his wife why that appears to be "on a string"? I dunno-but I don't care either. I think it is common courtesy to ask before heading out the door to be gone for who knows how long. It isn't like I can just up and go and expect him to watch kids and have everything in order when I decide to return home. <P>Did that help at all? I tried [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>HUGS-one for both of ya.<P>------------------<BR>*heartache*<BR>"Loyalty Is A Two Way Street"<BR><p>[This message has been edited by heartache (edited January 12, 2000).]

B
B
Deut, You know, I don't think there is anything that we can tell you about how absolutely incredible your wife is. I think you already know all of it...don't you? I will make the suggestion that, since you know this, why don't you SHOW her how absolutely incredible she is!!! Do something wild, and unexpected! You know she deserves it.<P>Oh..by the way, Dylan.., you are not allowed to read what you just read, okay? So, go away and forget it!!(chuckle chuckle)<P>Deut- my e-mail is: phishbane@yahoo.com<BR>

L
L
You made me laugh!!!<P>Not b/c it was silly, but b/c you figured it out so quickly and I just knew you would!!<P>You're doing great!!!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Lori

Y
OP Offline
Y
Well thanks for your replies all... I sure appreciate the replies. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>You guys are the greatest!<BR>Deut<BR> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation