Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53025 01/18/00 09:58 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I'm finding that coming here is keeping me stuck in my anger phase. I'm not helping people too much this way. I ask myself why I've kept coming here for so long. Some of it is probably a desire to keep punishing myself by reading of other people's pain. <P>Another part, sad to say, is to keep the pain of my marriage fresh in my mind. Coming here and seeing what so many people are going through in their marriages serves to eliminate any desire to start any new relationship. That's not healthy. If I'm going to stay celibate, it can't be out of fear or bitterness. So, I'm closing this chapter of my life and am going to move on now. <P>Suse, DMac, JL, K, Chris(123), TCL, Faith, Hope, Love, Lacee, Schizzo and hey, even D99, thank you all with your help in my "journey". I have a long, long way to go. I've become a ranting, raving, fool and need to get out of here! I wish you all many blessings in your journey through life. Like all my other "habits", I need to break this one cold turkey so I probably won't be checking back and will be doing my best to stay away. Just know you are all in my thoughts...

#53026 01/18/00 11:24 AM
Y
Y
Ahhhhh.....(sniffle sniffle) I am really going to miss you!! Promise to come back now and then and check up on us and put us back in our places if we get out of hand ok? Wish you didn't have to go... maybe we could write now and then in e-mail? Let me know what you think.... <P>Take care and Good Luck to you! My prayers are with you....<P>

#53027 01/18/00 06:45 PM
J
J
TS,<P>If you decide you want any more deep discussions please come back. However, I have full faith that your life will be rich and happy. Good luck with school and with life.<P>JL

#53028 01/18/00 06:48 PM
K
K Offline
K
Student:<P>What JL says. I'll really miss you, even though we BOTH won't be here. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#53029 01/18/00 06:52 PM
C
C
Stu,<P>If I was here, I'd say God Bless you on your journey, but I'm not!<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

#53030 01/18/00 07:56 PM
N
N
Best of luck TS. That is the least I can offer you for your honesty and your concern. You helped me grow and think in new ways.<BR>You'll be missed!<BR>FC<P>PS I too find this place has a tendency to help me get stuck in the anger phase. That's why I have to come and go from time to time.<p>[This message has been edited by facing choices (edited January 18, 2000).]

#53031 01/18/00 09:02 PM
S
S
I'll miss you. (I supposedly left). But for me with hubby here and recovery going well, MB does more good than the few triggers it causes. Enjoy discussions with you. If you care to chat on ICQ, I have the same nickname. Do come back sometimes...

#53032 01/18/00 09:09 PM
R
R
The Student,<P>Wishing you continued success in your personal recovery plan. I won't say goodbye, 'cause I never know when I might be passing you on 85 or 285! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Roll Me Away <P>------------------<BR>"Life is made up, not of great sacrifices or duties, but of little things in which smiles and kindnesses and small obligations, given habitually, are what win and preserve the heart and secure comfort."<P>Sir Humphry Davy<BR>

#53033 01/18/00 09:28 PM
Y
Y
Hi TS,<P>It's come to this, eh? Well, I do empathise. It's a real "push-me, pull-you" sort of existence here in cyberia.<P>Listen, I say this with all sincerity... you've made a difference here. You've helped people. You've made lives richer. Yes, including mine. This group won't be the same without your challenging intellect.<P>If you must withdraw, we know it's for the best. But, we'll miss you.<P>Just in case there's some chance you might want to stay in touch, here's an email addy. Suse and I keep in touch with some of the folks on the Forum. It's a really neat thing. So, if you've ANY inkling to write, here goes: duncmac45@hotmail.com<P>We're there if you need us. Even if you just want to write once in awhile maintaining your anonymity. <P>Anyhoo...all the best. You deserve it.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation