Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53151 01/18/00 08:16 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
<BR>I talked to my H about OW calling me. I told him all of the stuff that she said about me and the kids. His answer kinda stunned me. He said "I'll take care of it." Now how is he supposed to take care of it if she denies doing it?? I told him that I talked to the police about filing a report. And that I would get a restraining order. He told me to do whatever I have to. <BR>He was gonna get off the phone and call her and talk to her about it. Like that will help. If he didn't know about her doing it to begin with, she'll definately listen to him. Yeah, right!!<BR>I believe right now he is hopelessly lost. I was shaking like crazy when he answered the phone. I almost lost it but be proud of me, I didn't. I did tell him that she was a psychotic bi**h and that he better pull his head out of his a** before he gets himself into an even bigger mess. <BR>I can actually say that I'm really not upset by his reaction. I didn't expect him to be that upset about the news, but I expected him to blow up at me. At least he didn't do that.

#53152 01/18/00 08:35 PM
T
T
i'm glad you talked to your H about the threats, mitzi. <BR>but don't be naive, FILE the reports and get the recorder.. NOW. even if your H does talk to her about it, you know she will deny doing anything...(maybe not). and she will continue to try to get away with it. i know this from experience. even though my H has told the OW it is over between them she still finds time to harass me this same way. to her i believe it is a game, and it's up to you to get her caught. what she is doing is illegal. don't wait till she comes through on any of those threats. don't give her the chance.<BR>i know i sound pushy, but i'm only trying to help. i've been there, and it won't go away unless you do something about it legally.

#53153 01/18/00 08:43 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Tracing,<BR>I've already talked to my mom about watching my kids in the morning so I can go file the report and see about getting a restraining order. The bad part is...she works at the courthouse. If I have to I'll go talk to her boss (Sounds vindictive, huh?) I think once the police report is filed I'll wait a few days and see what happens. I am also getting the recorder for the phone. <BR>I'm getting to the point where I feel like quitting. And it's only been 3 weeks. I just can't deal with a psycho person bothering me.

#53154 01/18/00 08:46 PM
L
L
Mitzi - read this and then came back..Had a thought (don't faint anyone!)..<P>If you told him by phone, it's hard to judge HOW he was really feeling. As an example, months ago when H and I were at our worst, I was getting anonymous calls. A lot of evidence pointed to PT and MIL told him about them, so he called me (for the first time in weeks, I might add.) Anyway on the phone he calmly and carefully explained to me how he felt his mom was wrong, PT was a smart, level-headed mature single mother and would NEVER do anything like that. I got off the phone shaking my head in wonder.<P><BR>BUT....I found out later, that after he got off the phone, HE WENT OFF!! He wanted to divorce me, sure, but she had NO RIGHT to do that to me and D. (They happened to be visiting his mom and though he took her into another room, the conversation was easy to hear!!).<P>Well, just wanted to pop that thought in. He may really think he can take care of it and might be more upset than you realize.<P>Lori

#53155 01/18/00 08:50 PM
A
AGB Offline
A
Mitzi, if you quit, she wins. And isn't that what the phone call is all about. to get you to quit. You did nothing wrong. Follow the proper steps and go to the police or any other proper authorities. By doing this you don't have to appear bad or evil. You are not being a doormat; just standing your ground. If she gets away with these things in the game, the treatment can only get worst. Show her you are not a push over. Who knows, if she continues to do her evil tricks and phone calls, your H will one day see her true color. Have faith and know that you are not wrong. The evil doer will only hurt themselves in the long run.

#53156 01/18/00 08:50 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Lori,<BR>I did think the same thing. H's is the type to be OK and calm on the phone and then get off and explode. Of course he is 3 hours away from her too. So he's not gonna be able to judge her reaction either. Maybe I should have waited until I saw him in person to tell him about it. Who knows? I'll be able to talk to him this weekend and kinda get a feel for things then.

#53157 01/18/00 08:57 PM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
AGB,<BR>Didn't mean to leave you out. We were posting at the same time. <BR>I don't want to quit. I want my H to wake up and come home. It's just that I don't want my kids caught in the middle of all of this. <BR>I feel like she's already won. He is staying with her after all. But it's only been a short time. He probably hasn't seen the hateful side of her yet. I don't want this to go on for months. I want that magic wand now!!!! Or magic potion!! Who's selling it? I'll be the first customer!!<BR>

#53158 01/18/00 09:31 PM
N
N
Mitzi,<P>I'm glad that you are still following through with filing the police report. However, I wouldn't go talk to her boss, I would just go file. The boss might try to talk you out of it. It's none of the boss' business anyway.<P>I'm glad that you are putting safety first. Also, do what you have to do. Don't rely on whatever your H says. He already has some mental block in his head if he is still with OW. He isn't thinking rationally so it is up to you, to do the right thing.

#53159 01/18/00 09:38 PM
Y
Y
Just throwing some more support in your decision to go to the police. Don't stop at filing an incident report, mind you, you must press charges. The incident report, although it may seem an attractive compromise is not enough, she will never be called to task, nor be faced witht the true consequences of her actions... you will then find that this is far from over. Put your foot down and put it down hard. This is not about lovebusting or revenge it is about protecting the health and welfare of you and most importantly your children. Your husband, as Father to these children has a moral and LEGAL responsability to support you in this. (at least in Canada, probably in the US too)<BR>Deut

#53160 01/18/00 10:10 PM
J
J
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mitzi:<BR><B><BR>I don't want to quit. I want my H to wake up and come home. It's just that I don't want my kids caught in the middle of all of this. <BR>I feel like she's already won. He is staying with her after all. But it's only been a short time. He probably hasn't seen the hateful side of her yet. I don't want this to go on for months. I want that magic wand now!!!! Or magic potion!! Who's selling it? I'll be the first customer!!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just wanted to say that you are not the only one feeling this way. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get them to come to their senses. I have been getting LOTS of hangups too. I can't help but think it is her...<P>Stacy<P><P>------------------<BR>Jaded Heart<BR>_

Last edited by MBLBanker; 04/08/12 03:11 PM. Reason: Removed personal info

Jaded Heart

#53161 01/19/00 12:07 AM
M
Mitzi Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for all of the support you guys have given me. I do have another question... How do you stop yourself from beating someone half to death who has threatened your children??? I'm afraid if I see her, that's what I'll do.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation