Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
My wife's friend is having an affair on her husband with several men. She is pushing my wife to do the same, inviting her to swinger type parties etc. Wife is keeping situation a secret from me and I'm not supposed to know. But I do, and I found out her friend is having multiple affairs and that her attitude is "I gotta take advantage of my looks now while I still have them, I look good and I have men all over me". That is a direct quote from her to my wife.<P>My wife and I will probably divorce...though she doesn't think I will do it. <P>But...the big question is...Do I tell the other husband who has no idea his wife is fooling around on him so badly? She and my wife conspire together to lie about their whereabouts and activities to cover up their actions.

M
max Offline
M
If you were the husband of your wife's friend would you appreciate someone telling you about your wife's affairs. He is no different than you. Tell him.

W
W
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>My wife and I will probably divorce...though she doesn't think I will do it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Is your W going to these parties?<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

N
N
Four letters, John<P>A<BR>I<BR>D<BR>S

Y
Y
Well, the guy obviously has a right to know. I heard something on the 'Dr. Laura' show (a morality talkshow on the radio) and think it might apply here...<BR>It was a situation similar to the one you are discribing.<BR>What your wife's friend is doing is 'evil'.<BR>She is lying to her husband and putting him in mortal danger. (aids)<BR>You seem to be asking if by NOT telling him, or causing him to be told, would you be doing 'evil'... this was the question put to Dr. Laura.<BR>Her reply was that no, you specifically may not be doing the harm, but by remaining silent, you are condoning it and allowing it to continue. Not good.<BR>Here's another example...<BR>Towards the end of my affair, when I couldn't take it anymore and had, just had, to talk to someone I went to one of my best friends. <BR>Well, if I was seeking comfort in my shame, I was soon to be set quite clear on the subject!<BR>He was VERY disappointed in me and made it clear that not only did he NOT want to know about it, but also that I had BETTER tell my wife. Because if I didn't...<BR>Anyway, I really admired that, even as the betrayed... <BR>Anyway, I hope you find the stregnth to do what you have to do, whatever that may be...<BR>Deut

L
L
My vote--tell him.<P>While I make no judgement on sexual activities that couples decide TOGETHER, what your W's friend is doing is hurtful. I would want to know if it were me.

M
M
I say tell him! I wish I had found out a lot sooner than I did. Then I wouldn't have felt like an a**. <BR>Wouldn't you want someone to tell you?

N
NSR Offline
N
John,<P>My W was doing exactly the same thing during her affair. It saddened me so much.<P>I told her girl friend's husband...<P>What a relief of my guilt... for knowing!<P>Did I <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3400_lovebust.html" TARGET=_blank>Love Bust</A>... BIG TIME... I got so chewed out...<P>But... what a relief...<P>Tell my friend...<BR>Anything you can do to remove this cancerous addiction will make the world a better place.<P>Jim

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 1,205 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation