Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#53228 07/27/98 03:01 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I have a 19-yr old daughter from my 1st marriage that is in college and has asked me for $ help. I put $ in a 401k fund during my 1st marriage for this purpose. This daughter & my current wife do not get along at all (my daughter has threatened to kill us both). My daughter refuses to see me in the presence of my wife. Therefore, I do not have joint agreement from my wife to give my daughter $. Of course I am viewed by my daughter and ex as being selfish. My wife and I had an affair that lead to a divorce from my 1st wife and this is the source of my daughter's anger. There are alot of details that I cannot cover in 1000 characters. Help!

#53229 07/30/98 11:31 AM
D
D
My divorce and marriage circumstances were much like yours, only my husband and I also have a daughter, which has been his children's very large problem. His son also is in school, he is 19 and lives with us. But I guess, my advice to you is do what your heart tells you to do. I fully understand your wife's position, cause I am basically in it. But, I also understand yours. While your daughter is still your daughter, she should not be able to threaten you and your wife and then expect to have all forgiven. Above all, I would tell you to discuss with your wife all the aspects of the "help". If you help your daughter now and the situation continues, you have not actually helped, but given her fuel for more fire later. My husband's kids had their Mother's attorney write us a letter stating that several of my husband's assets were to be turned over to his son for his college "expenses". Needless to say, my husband contacted the attorney and there were no further actions. This is so petty of children to try to cause trouble in their parents new lives. Their Mother is also remarried and is very happy. They don't see anything wrong with this, but because their Dad and I got together while they were married, we are terrible. Don't give up. There are others out there just like you and your wife. God Bless and I'll pray for you both.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation