<br>I don't know what to do. My husband and I just had a baby six months ago. It was the greatest day of my life. He's such a joy.<br>However, for reasons too complicated to get into here, my husband refuses to give my family equal visiting rights when it comes to the baby and my family -- his own grandparents and aunts and cousins, etc.<br>His family is allowed to see the baby anytime they want, but my family is banned from my house. When I explain to my husband that this treatment is not fair, and that i am totally upset by it -- to the point of really bad explosive arguments about it -- he says he doesn't care. He is only out for his family and he says my family's feelings don't matter.<br>He uses the excuse that I'm a mother now and I shouldn't worry about my family's feeling, just worry about taking care of the baby, but i can't help but feel i am giving my family the brush off. I hardly talk to my mom and my sister because i am afraid that they will ask to come over and see the baby, but my husband will have a fit like he always does and order me to make up an excuse why they can't come over. It's getting me sick and its unfair. I can't take it anymore. I am tired of him getting all the satisfaction of having a great working relationship with his parents and family at my expense.<br>is anyone else having similar inlaw troubles?<br>This doesn't just happen now -- it happened before the baby too. He doesn't like my family mainly bc they are of different ethnic background than his and he feels his is superior and mine don't rate at all. But, this is a bad example to set for the baby. I wish he could compromise. I have to always compromise and go to his family's functions for dinners, parties, get togethers and I even recently spent four hours at his brother's house for a football game that i cared nothing about, but went just to please my husband. Then I ask if my sister could come over the next day for a visit and he says absolutely not. ``Your family is never coming here so get that through your head.'' What am I supposed to do. I am worn out and tired of trying to talk sense into him. he's abusive with his comments, he's controlling, he's selfish and he's just plain mean. please please please help.