Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The advice given on these webpages has been a godsend to me but seems to only talk about Givers/Takers that are normal.<P>What I want to know is what you do when Givers/Takers aren't normal? When previous relationships have caused the balance and behaviour of your Givers/Takers to change.<P>In my relationship both of us have suffered extensive damage from previous relationships, to the point where her Givers are almost non-existant and her Takers are agressive and poised to strike regardless how many points are in the Love Bank. For myself my Givers are in abundance... but unfortunately that makes my Takers paranoid and extremely agressive when the Givers are taken advantage of.<P>Does the First Stage state of Intimacy replenish missing or exhausted Givers? Does it "tame" agressive Takers? Or is it just simply a way of balancing the two when they are in normal proportions?<P>If anyone has any ideas or would like to talk I am more than happy to listen and converse.

V
V
Your post is somewhat confusing...you might get a better response if you clarify what your trying to say or want advise for...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its simple, more givers and fewer or less agressive takers.<P><BR>Both my partner and I have been through extremely bad relationships and this has left our Givers and Takers out of balance.<P>She has next to no Givers and I have very agressive Takers.<P>Clear enough? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,115 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation