Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54841 08/27/99 08:26 AM
B
OP Offline
B
(Also posted on Why Women Leave Men since I've talking there so much but it didn't seem the right place for this)<P>Anyone who doesn't know my situation - in one line: my h has moved back after almost 6 mo. and after a long running affair. We had been married 29 years.<P>Logan & Ramy,<BR>H moved back Monday. It has been like a honeymoon! This morning he said he really didn't think this would last this long (the honeymoon feeling) but he's happy it did. We've told our parents and kids but that's all.<P>I've told my counselor many times that I feel I have an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other shoulder. The angel lets me see the positives (sometimes he's not real quick to show this) and sometimes the devil shows the bad way to look at something. <P>Now the problem/doubt I have is this. This morning as we were laying together we were talking (yeah! we were talking - that's the angel) and he asked me if I ever see a man that I would like to go to bed with (obviously the devil side is punching my panic button). I have not seen anyone in this small town that interests me and I told him that and also that I still felt married to him (I was/am). I know that I should have turned that back to him but I'm afraid of the answer. I don't want to know (ignorance is bliss?). Why do you think he's asking me this? He still feels guilt? He's not committed?<P>He says he's committed. I suspect strongly that we will not be going back to the counselor - it would have to be awhile because of his work schedule. He told our counselor that we know the warning signs now.<P>Right now things are going great! I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Did have a sharp word this morning (about his stupid dog in bed) but didn't feel uncomfortable or scared about it. <P>He did say the other day that he heard himself explaining something to me and heard himself sound irritated and he wasn't mad at me so he tried to sound better. That sounded good didn't it? He hears how he sounds to me and tries to change. He is still such a poor communicator. Not only doesn't he talk about things but when he does he isn't clear. Sometimes I think we are speaking different languages. Our counselor says that will get better with practice. The more he talks the better it will be. (I hope - and that's the devil again!)<P>Other question: I feel I should clear the air about the OW. Hear for myself that that's over, but again I'm afraid of the answer. Should I force myself to ask him or will that make him mad and push away ("I TOLD you I'm committed, I wouldn't have come back"...I can just hear him)<P>Anyone with this experience? Any suggestions?<BR>Tina<p>[This message has been edited by bulltina (edited August 27, 1999).]

D
D
Wow! I thought only women did this!<P>I call this a "Does this make me look fat?" question. These are theoretical questions that you really don't want the answer to. I believe that usually only women ask these. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Did you see EYES WIDE SHUT? A terrible picture, but with an interesting scene of theoreticals like this.<P>Sounds like he's insecure and afraid you might have a "revenge" affair. Maybe that's not such a bad thing. Might keep him on his toes.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 756 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation