I have posted my story under "Is there hope?" My recent development seems like somewhat of a positive yet I'm really having doubts about possible success. My wife has agreed to go to marriage counseling. Her main reason is to please her parents who feel she is making a mistake along with all other family members. After 3 months of continuous counselling she will say that is it and she is done and then her family must accept this divorce. I wouldn't call this a step from withdrawal to conflict. She seems more in withdrawal than ever before. However she has moved back home with her parents to prove false any accusations of a possible affair. <P>My main question is how do I approach counselling when I know she is going to be cold at least in the beginning? I really can't see her bitterness to continue but you never know? She said she hasn't loved me in a 4 years although we were married 12 months ago and she proposed to me 2 years ago. I don't believe her. I have reflected on our relationship, which for the most part was never hostile nor abusive but rather loving.<P>I really think I need to not give into her coldness and only show a loving and caring attitude. Maybe then I can somehow start a spark. For know I believe our only contact will be at counselling. This is actually an improvement over the past two months. <BR>