Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mybush6 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My husband and I have been together for 10 years now and married for 6. He left at the beginng of last month, saying that he was no longer happy in our marriage. I questioned him and he told me that there was no one else and that he still loved me. He also told me that he knows without a doubt that I love him. He's just not happy.

We have had some problems with my family and I think that has a lot to do with his leaving. Also, in the past year I've taken several trips with some of my girlfriends. He has know told me that it really bothered him that I had went. Since the first trip last June, we really started having more problems.

Slowly, we both started shutting down. He has told me that if he had to make a decision right now he would file for a divorce. I have asked him to give us some time to see if we can work things out and he has agreed.

I want to make him happy again. He feels that he's giving me more than enough chances and just doesn't know if things will ever change. I've prayed everyday since he has left for God to bring him back home. I love him and want our marriage to work out.

Is there any advice that you can give me to help bring him home? My best friend keeps telling me to give up and move on. But I believe that as long as there is love there is hope. I want to put our marriage on the right track. Please help if you can. I just need to know what I can do to turn his heart around and have him come home.

G
G
Mybush,

I'm sorry to hear about your turmoil. There are many posters in Emotional needs who may be able to give you some advice in this area. A few questions, however, while you consider posting your question there:

Has your husband considered/agreed to MC (marriage counseling)?

Are there any children involved?

Are either of you in individual counseling?

Meanwhile, hang in there.

Q
Q
Dear Mrs. Bush,

It sounds like you took the trips with your girlfriends without his enthusiastic endoresment. So was this a violation of POJA?

What other violations of POJA are there?

Have you asked for forgiveness, and proposed a plan for avoiding future POJA events? What about arranging in advance what extras you are going to provide, to obtain your husband's enthusiastic support?

Have you read the 10 areas of marriage that MB recommends taking 3 or 4 areas and doing well? What areas have you been focusing on? Are these the areas most important to your husband? Have you asked your husband for his wish list? Are there items on your wish list that you feel he has unfairly denied? Have you cleared out those feelings? What items are on your husband's wish list that he has not shared with you, and how can you create a safe, listening atmosphere so he will let you know, what he has not yet told you? I have posted a recommendation for listening under Pan A /Plan B., Hopeful98 28063, TIME FOR PLAN B, 8-3-03.

What opportunites do you now have to make deposits in his love bank, that will give you credit?

Have you tried to sit down for lunch or coffee, and discuss what changes he wants, and what you are willing to change?

You mention that your family was a problem, but you do not detail the changes you are willing to make to solve the problems. Have you detailed to your husband what changes in the way you will handle your family differently in the future? Have you gotten your famiy on board with the changes?

Best wishes

Quiper,
Married 28 years, and still struggling

<small>[ August 07, 2003, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Quipper ]</small>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation