Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65089 07/30/98 10:25 PM
S
OP Offline
S
MyhusbandandIwerebothveryyoungwhenweweremarried.Webothnowregretthatwedidnotenjoyoursingleyears.Itiscausingamajorconflictinourmarriage,thathewantstogooutwiththeguyslikeheisstillsingle.Wewantourmarriagetolastandwehavea3montholdboy.Wejustcantseemtogetovertheseregrets.Wejustneedhelp.

#65090 07/30/98 11:06 PM
S
S
ShaRee,
<p>I too got married very young and thought that I had missed out on something. You both need to ask yourselves some very important questions. Would you do it differently and not have your child? Would you have waited and still married each other? Or would you have not married at all? There are other things that can factor into this too. Do you both have friends that are still single that you like to do things with? You may look at what they have and think about all it is that you are missing but its that old saying of "The grass is always greener on the other side". For years I was jealous of my single friends and all the fun they seemed to be having. Now that nine years have passed I love my stable life of husband and children while my friends (who are still single) are trying to figure out what to do with themselves. They are jealous of what I have. Ask yourself...would I be better off being single?...and now that you have a baby to take care of this takes on a whole new meaning. Marriage is never easy and you will never be done working on it. Everyday there is something new to deal with but I do believe that in the end it is worth it. Good Luck! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
<p>Sherrill

#65091 08/05/98 01:12 PM
K
K
ShaRee:
<p>I was also married very young...the first time around. That marriage didnt last for a number of reasons. What I want you to think about now is this...are you staying together just for the sake of your son? If that is the only reason you are together, please rethink that desision. While it is true that a child needs both parents...they dont need parents that fight and are unhappy. My aunt and uncle stayed together for many years for the sake of their child, and that was the worst thing they could have done. Their daughter (my cousin) grew up in a home where she saw no love, no respect, and no trust. She is almost 30 years old now and has never had a serious relationship...because she doesnt know HOW to love...children see and know a lot more than we adults give them credit for. If you and your husband are together only because of your son...he will know this when he gets older...and it will affect him. Now, if you and your husband truely love each other...you need to think about counseling...it does wonders. If you love him...dont give up on him.
<br>Good luck to you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
<br>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation