Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#658029 04/01/00 06:35 PM
S
OP Offline
S
<BR> I let her do what she wants, when she wants. I let her hang out with her friends.<BR>I always wake up with our son at night. <BR>I clean a little everyday and almost always do the laundry. I watch our son while she goes out with her friends. I fix dinner almost everynight. I tell her I love her all the time. I kiss her everytime I leave or she leaves. <BR> I am messy sometimes but I usually pick up after myself. I sometimes spend too much time at the gym or working on the car. Sometimes I'm too tired for sex and I just want to sleep. I have a hard time showing emotion but I really try. Am I really that bad?

#658030 04/01/00 09:14 PM
I
I
SAG,<P>It sounds like you're meeting a lot of what marriage and a child are about.<P>Is your wife very young? I ask because although I enjoy a nite out with friends and some drinks, the bar thing got old as I got old.<P>Since you're here I guess you're not waiting around for her to grow up? What have you done to let her know she's about to be divorced? <P>Your story please?

#658031 04/01/00 09:44 PM
S
OP Offline
S
In Shock,<BR>Thank you for replying. Yes, my wife is young. We married when she was 18 and I was 19. She'll be 21 this summer. The whole story is on Sheba's topic asking everyone to tell their tale. After writing it I start to wonder if maybe I am that bad. Thank you.

#658032 04/01/00 11:03 PM
I
I
No, you're not that Bad SAG.<P>I did read your story. Are you here because you are divorcing her?<P>You're both bringing/brought infidelity into the marriage. That's nasty stuff, often unforgivable, divorce causing stuff. <P>Right now you kind of take care of her like a parent would? <P>I support the MB principles of Harley and I can't think of a better more rational way to start a marriage. It doesn't sound like your W is in an affair. She's just continued the college life without any consideration for a H and a child.<P>You can read all about the Plans and more at this site. If you haven't, do your next duty and be informed. Then plan your next "move".<P>Or, am I reading this wrong and you're divorcing her?<P>

#658033 04/01/00 11:15 PM
S
OP Offline
S
InShock,<BR>Thanks again. I am not divorcing her, she is divorcing me. I came home a couple of weeks ago after being in the field for 65 days and she told me she didn't want to be with me anymore. Go figure!

#658034 04/01/00 11:22 PM
E
E
GI,<P>Man, I hope you read this. I did exactly what you have done. Dinner, laundry, giving her freedom. Don't question those things. This is her thing, I guess you just have to let her work them out. If you change you, you'll suffer. Don't.<P>Eric32 <P>

#658035 04/01/00 11:46 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Eric 32,<BR>Thanks for replying but its hard not to blame myself. It is good to know that someone has been there, I'll try to use your advice.

#658036 04/02/00 10:42 AM
T
T
Sag,<P>Wow! I wish my h would have done all that for me. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It sounds like your wife is just young and doesn't realize what she has [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My H never considered all the things you have. I went to college full-time and took care of the kids and everything else. He would come home and go to bed and not help with ANYTHING including the kids! Most of the time I got 3 hours of sleep a night and he never felt guilty. Just complained that I never wanted sex. Hmmmm...I wonder why???<P>Anyway, other than both of your mistakes with the affairs, you are doing the right thing. Good Luck and hang in there.<P>Tulip<BR>

#658037 04/04/00 07:41 PM
L
L
Where do I get a husband like SAG and Eric>?? I did all the same stuff you guys did and then some. And you know what, I am in the same boat as you two.<P>Is it possible to treat someone too good? Is it possible you were too much a giver and not enough of a taker. Who knows. All I know is I tried my hardest and it wasn't good enough.<P>I blamed myself in the beginning. Know this, it is within the BETRAYER not you . It is something wrong with them. They're the ones who walked away from a wonderful thing.<P>We all deserve better. I know I can never give that much again in my next relationship.<P>Oh and the age thing, SAG, I was same age when I had kids. A lot of this is her age. I was mature, like you, but HE was not. When he turned 21, we split for a year. We eventually made our way back. 6 years later, I am here again and done for good.<P>I believe that just because we are 18, doesn't make us ready to live like adults necessarily. Some people can't do it.<P>Good luck. Don't blame yourself, and know there are a LOT of us ladies out here, that would love to have a guy like you. (or eric)<BR>LOL<P>Be strong. Be positive. You'll get through this. I suspect you've been through worse. Dana<BR>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation