Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
To all of you here that know of my story and anyone else. I really need your support and prayers.<P>I recently started counselling to help me deal with the fact that my H wants this divorce. I've only been to one session, but I think that she really helped me. I was starting to be so strong and living again. <P>Anyways, I'm gonna make this short....You guys, I'm <B>2 and a half months pregnant</B>. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I found out yesterday and I was devastated. I just don't understand why now. I've been on birth control since we had our little girl, who will be two this September.<P>I'm scared. I thought I was gaining a little weight and that it was from the birth control. And I went to get my uniform altered a bit. Someone just made the comment to me the other day (she doesn't know that I'm having problems), "when are you and H gonna have you a boy?" I just responded to her by just saying 'no time soon.' But that's what made me go take a test. Being pregnant was the last thing I thought I was. Lord, I'm just sooooo flustered and overwhelmed with everything.<P>Why won't the tears stop? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] You would think I would be happy and that I could tell my husband and we would celebrate. But that's not the case. He re-enlisted in the Marines and will be moving duty stations sometime in mid July. He could have filed for divorce on the first, but he hasn't yet...at least that I know. <P>The worst part is telling him tonight. He will be over shortly and I'm a mess. <P>I REALLY need your support.<P>Please Help.... God Help Me!!!!<P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

A
A
Jamie, <P>I have no idea why this is happening to you right now, but God does!! <P>I have no cute phrases to say, but I just want to let you know that God loves you, and he loves the little life inside you. Just remember that this gift he has given you will always be there. Sometimes the greatest blessings come to us at the most inconvenient times. You are in my prayers.<P>May the Lord Bless You and Keep You,<BR>John

M
M
jamie-lee,<P>(((((HUGS))))) to you first.<P>Now I am one who thinks that things happen for a reason. God has a reason for this, you just don't know what it is yet. <P>as you can see, I don't have any real wisdom or advice. Just lots of support for you.<P>Take care,<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

A
A
Oh Jamie Lee,<P>I also don't have much wisdom for you, but I will be thinking of you through the evening and hoping your H will see the light.<P>Keep up with the councelling. Call your counselor and go in soon if you feel like you need to. I'm so sorry you're having to face a wonderful thing like a new baby with such fear. <P>I'm sure all who read your post today will be thinking good thoughts for you. Stay strong Jamie-Lee. You CAN handle this.

N
N
Hello sweetheart,<P>I'm so sorry... and yet, this can be a blessing... only time will tell... so first, a hug (((Jamie-lee)))<P>I have no advice, but I offer a shoulder to cry upon...<P>love you, Sheryl

N
N
Hi JL,<P>Hugs to you and I'll pray for you <BR>too.<P>This could be a blessing...<BR>

C
C
JL,<P>Things do happen for a reason, that I am sure. My W was considering divorce when my youngest (now 5) came along. I was clueless that she was planning a divorce, and it wasn't until last summer thay she proposed we split..... <P>But I think the fact that our little boy came when he did was for a reason. I'm still (five years later) not sure why (beyond that he is the greatest kid and I wouldn't change things for the world), but have faith.... this is all occuring becuase that's what is meant to be.<P>That doesn't mean what ever transpires will be easy.... but it is an opportunity to grow as an individual, possibly a couple, and I wish you strength and resiliance as this evolves.

J
OP Offline
J
<B>John</B>(IsIt2Late)<BR>I'm trying to remind myself that this is a blessing and a gift from God. It's just so hard to look at it that way right now, but deep inside I know that you are right. Your prayers are appreciated. Thanks so much!<P><B>Mitzi</B><BR>Your support means alot. I know how much you've been going through as well. Thanks for the hugs!<P><B>az allison</B><BR>Thanks for the encouragement. I'm feeling a little better today thanks to all of my friends and cyber-friends here at MB [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>My Dearest <B>Sheryl</B><BR>Thanks for the hug. You always seem to be here when I need you. I think you are a true example of strength and thankyou for offering me your shoulder. I may just have to take you up on that...THANK YOU!!<P><B>No Trust</B><BR>Like Sheryl, you always seem to pop up when I need you most. Thanks for your continuous support here at MB. Your hugs and prayers are needed.<P><B>chuckb</B><BR>You know it doesn't seem as it gets any easier, but I too believe that God must have a bigger plan. This road has been ROUGH and LONG. Holding on to my faith has also been tough, but I know deep down that it will all work out for the good. Thanks for your support.<P><B>UPDATE !!!!!!</B><BR>Well, last night I told my H. His response was absolute silence. He looked as if the world had fallen upon his shoulders. He didn't say a word [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I went storming into the bedroom in tears. I know that I too was shocked and I guess you can say disappointed, but it hurt so bad to see his face when I told him. After a few minutes he came to me and hugged me. He apologized but said that he really didn't know what to say,but that everything will be okay. I just left it at that. I really don't know what's gonna happen from here. I know for a fact that I don't want him to stay with me just for Tamia and our soon to be. I want him to stay because of me. I don't know when we will talk, but I know he and I both have a lot to think and talk about. I love all of you guys here. I know i haven't been posting much at all lately, but I really appreciate all of you. I try to stay updated for the most part, but all of you here are continuously in my prayers!<P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

W
W
Jamie,<P>I think it's wonderful you are pregnant <B>BUT</B> the timing as you said is <B>horrific</B>. I am praying for you.<P>Even if your H stays because of the kids I think that will be great. Look at it this way. If he is there you can plan-a your butt off and before you know it he will be madly in love with you. Maybe this child will be Gods message to him, and show him where he belongs. I don't really know where I'm going with this I guess I'm trying to point out a silver lining in your gray cloud.<P>Where is his next duty station? He's E-6 now right? Will the send him to a M.E.U.? Ya know he could get an embasy detail in some exotic country that allows dependants. Anyhow don't give up on him yet. I think he still loves you very much and y'alls new baby will show him that. Hang in there all will be ok.<P>LOve Ya,<P>Bill<BR><P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

F
F
jamie-Lee,<P>WOW is all I can say. I have been lurking...things are not going so well for me but I want you to know that I am thinking about you and think this is a blessing in disquies (spelling??).<P>Amanda<P>------------------<BR>I will love my husband "Always & Forever" <P>thevancefamily@hotmail.com

K
K
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{jamie-lee}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>You know, the strangest things happen, don;t they? The timing seems horrific, but I have a belief that even in those events in life that seem so difficult, there is a gift hidden for us, if we can only find it. Maybe this child will be a catalyst for you and your H to work thru your difficulties (after all, if filing was what he was dying to do, he's had a chance to do so, right?) Or naybe, the child will simply be his/her own gift.<P>After many years of struggling with God's role in our lives, I am finally starting to accept that He really does do things in His own time, and in His own way. I bet the timing seems perfect to him, for reasons that are yet to be known to you.<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{jamie-lee}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>Hang in there!<P>Kathi<P>

C
C
Jamie Lee:<P>God works in mysterious ways. Timing is everything, isn't it? <BR>In this case, it could be God's way of bringing you together with your husband, reluctant or otherwise. Maybe he wants to stay with you but because of pride,he needs a reason to stay to save face (?)-maybe God knew this and provided one! Who knows.<P>The truth is that you two are married, you have a child and another on the way. You're entitled to have children together. you're still married.<BR> <BR>Now you can Plan A him and and make him glad this happened so he could be with you and keep his family intact.<P>The three of you--er, the FOUR of you are in my thoughts and prayers. God speed.<P>Love, <P>Catnip =^^= <P>

N
N
Jamie-Lee,<P>I have so much I would like to say to you but then again I hesitate. I know that the timing stinks but it is like the others have said, you may not understand now but in the future you may realize that it in fact was perfect timing. But one thing is for sure... having a child is a blessing from God!<P>And although I know that your H is very important to you, you need to concentrate a little more on you and this child. It isn't good to be upset and under stress while you are pregnant. So, my advice to you is to concentrate on you and your baby's health.<P>Things will work out for you, God has it all planned out. You'll see.<P>My thoughts and prayers are with you.<P>Genie29

J
OP Offline
J
<B>Bill</B>,my friend<P>Thanks for your support and prayers. He took Tamia for the weekend since I had to work so we still haven't talked as of yet. But I'm not rushing the conversation. For some reason I really don't expect him to change his mind. <P>Right now, he's still an E-5. He will be going to Tampa, FL (4hours from our home town). I wanted to move to Orlando, Fl, but not until another 2 years) He will be in a non-deployable unit when he goes down there. I just refuse to leave here without having a job transfer first. ANd right now there is no way in hell a PD will hire me while I'm pregnant. So I will have to wait. I refuse to be dependent on him and then he decides to leave. Hmmph! He hasn't even asked me to go with him anyway. Look forward to chatting with you soon....<P><B>Amanda</B><BR>Thanks for your thoughts and support. I know that you are going thru so much too. How's the job thing going for you?<P><B>Kathi</B><BR>There you are...<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I am finally starting to accept that He really does do things in His own time, and in His own way. I bet the timing seems perfect to him, for reasons that are yet to be known to you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I couldn't agree with you more. Especially about the reasons not being known to me, lol. Because I don't have a clue. It's been so hard to know where to draw the line between faith in reality. My reality tells me that my H doesn't want me, but my heart and my faith believes that he still does. God only knows...Thanks you<P><B>catnip</B><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The truth is that you two are married, you have a child and another on the way. You're entitled to have children together. you're still married.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>It's funny you would say that. And thankyou for doing so. I was feeling so depressed because I felt like I was having a baby by a man who didn't want me. But you're right he still is my H. I start to forget that since it's been so long that he's actually acted like one. Thanks for your support.<P><B>Genie29</B><BR>I will definitely try to take your advice. Sometimes I get so caught up into my H that I start to neglect my own needs. My daughter Tamia means so much to me and there's no doubt that this baby will mean just as much. I am trying to cut back on the stress so that nothing will happen to my unborn. It's people like yourself and everyone here who has helped me keep my head on straight. <P><BR>Well maybe it is time for me to go back to Plan A. I'm just so afraid of the constant rejection [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I think I may give it a shot. Thanks again to all of you. I do LOVE YOU!!<P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

T
T
Jamie-Lee, it would be against the law for a PD NOT to hire you because you are pregnant. Of course, I'm sure they could manage to find something they could later use to justify not hiring you, but it is not legal for them to refuse you on the basis of your pregnancy.<P>------------------<BR>terri<BR>I can see clearly now,<BR>the rain is gone ...

L
LMS Offline
L
Jamie honey,<BR>I am so sorry I misseed your post, I havnet been comming here alot STBX is playing his little controling mind games again funny how he can do that 6000 miles from me...but I am here for you now, thank you for letting me know about your post.<P>you and I both know you are a great mom to Tamia and you will be a great mom to this little one, with or with out "J". but if he dose want to come back, honey I would jump at it, like bill said you can plain A your little booty off, and he will be there to recive it. and if his ideas are like yours on God, maybe he will think God sent him a wake up call.<P>ok honey I have a job interview in a few and need to go....if you need me icq me it comes on when I check my mail. I love you jamie and am praying for you. {{{{{{{{{jamie&Tamia}}}}}}}}}}<P>Lesa<P>p.s. I know you may not be able to think this way right now I am sure it is hard but Congratulations I am very happy for you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>"It took me quite a while to realize that <B>the real deal</B> is to be able to be enough of a person on your own to know when somebody loves you and cares about you"<BR>----Stevie Ray Vaughan<P>"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and<BR> lean not unto thine own understanding." -Proverbs 3:5<BR>Take care and God Bless.<P> lms20ish@fidnet.com

N
NSR Offline
N
jamie-lee,<P>{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{jamie-lee}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}},<P>You are loved <B>jamie-lee</B>...<BR>The replies you've gotten so far prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt... so <B>loved</B>!<P>Yes.. You can restart your Plan A...<BR>...it is the right thing to do now! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>We will help you... and help you... and help you more!<P>Now is also the time to hand off your problems to a greater power... that was the power that has blessed you with a new life...<P>You are never given anything you won't be able to handle... remember... your friends here... <B>We are here to be leaned upon</B>... we can be pretty strong supports... I know I've gotten my share of support.<P>You won't be left alone <B>jamie-lee</B>...<BR>...never left alone!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

J
OP Offline
J
<B>Terri</B>,<BR>yeah that's what I'm kind of afraid of. That they would find some far out reason not to hire me, just not to use the fact that I'm pregnant, when I know that I'm qualified. But I guess I'll just stay where I am for now and use my 'maternal leave' time to start applying. I'd just have to get whipped back into shape in a hurry so I can past the physical. <P><B>Lesa</B><BR>Thanks for your kind words sis. They mean alot. You are always here when I need you and I thank you for that. I'll return the favor for you anyday. Your a good mommy too and good luck on the job interview. <P><B>Jim</B><BR>There you are. Thanks so much to taking the time to reply. Do you have a way with words or what? I think I'm ready now. Watch out now, Plan A here I come. <P>To all of you...Your words of encouragement and support were overwhelming. I can't thank you all enough. Well, it's now been a week since discovery of pregnancy and I'm doing fine. In a sense, I'm actually getting a little excited about the idea of having my second child. Still a little shocked and nervous about the whole thing. <P>To the man upstairs... can this baby look just a little like me please? LOL [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"If you can learn from the mistakes of others, you won't have to make them youself."<P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

C
C
Jamie-Lee,<P>Oh sweetie! I know you are confused at the timeing of this, but you need to keep it all in perspective.<P>Children are a true, true blessing from the Lord. He understands you heart, even when you don't. He understands your H heart as well.<P>I for one, am excited for you. You are a wonderful woman, a wonderful mother, and a wonderful wife (even tho you don't feel like it right now).<P>It's time for us both to get back on the Plan A train. Our H's need to know just what we are made of.<P>E-mail me whenever you need to, kay? <BR>CC7315@yahoo.com.<P>Hugs to you and your little ones. You are in my prayers, sweetie.<P>God Bless,<P>Cheryl<p>[This message has been edited by ceecee (edited May 04, 2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,183 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation