Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
just wanted to formally introduce myself to the board. i know i have a rough ride ahead, and lots of you have been/are there now.<BR>My goals for this divorce are that it be as friendly as possible and that i get full custody of my very young children.<BR>Oh, im going to court today about the misdemeanor assault charge against H, and it looks good that it will be dismissed, so please envision that happening for me. thanks in advance, and i'll be back with an update after i consult with my D lawyer after that.<BR>more later, and hugs to all,<BR>julie<P>------------------<BR><A HREF="http://www.go.to/wcu" TARGET=_blank>loveWASblind</A>

L
L
Hi Julie, sorry it has fallen apart. Best wishes for your court case.<BR> {{{{{{{{{{{{{{Julie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Let love be genuine...hold fast to what is good; love one another." Rom 12:9-10

M
M
Julie: Your in my thoughts today! I will say a prayer for you. Let us know how it goes! <P>Missy2

G
G
Let us know how it goes. Will be praying for you.

G
G
Hi lwb<BR>I too will be moving over to this board from the Infidelity section. You are right about having a rough time over the next while. I pray that you will have an easy go of it, making it friendly is tough work but we both have worked through some very difficult situations.<P>Keep in mind that a very high percentage of women get sole custody of the kids, especially ones where assualt by the husband occurr!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sorry Julie, that you are moving over here...But we are a great group and will support you whatever happens.<BR>The D rollercoaster is as difficult to ride as the infidelity one, but with a sense that at least you knoe that in the near future the pain will lessen. <BR>But, remember, many people still get back together, even when the D is going on, so make sure you have made the right decision for you. You can take your time as well. <P>------------------<BR>Susan

A
A
LWB<BR>"Welcome" doesn't seem fitting phrase, but you will be among friends and you probably know some of the ppl here already. <P>Divorce isn't the happiest thing in the world but sometimes it's the choice we have to make. <BR>Good luck with the custody.

M
M
LWB,<P>Hi again....keep us posted on the court appearance today. I got here late.....but I will pray that everything went well.<P>Hold your head high....it's a tough road...but we will be fine.<P>Nancy

L
OP Offline
L
thanks for the support, everyone [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>well, the case was not dismissed, and i have to go to trial. ugh. H will not testify against me, and my lawyer will put it off as long as possible, in hopes it gets dismissed soon. what a drag....<BR>i went to see the D lawyer, real neat lady. she told me it is OK to go to texas with the kids, and will look good in terms of getting custody, so that's good. H does not know where his next job will be, so she advised putting off filing till we are settled in one county or another for at least 90 days.<BR>I'm packed and ready to head out in the morning, and will get a letter from H tonight agreeing that i am not "stealing" the children, so all is well.<BR>H took me out to a nice dinner last night and we had a super fantastic time (I dressed up nicer than i ever have, and weigh less than before i had babies and wore a tiny little black dress-it was fun!), and he's been calling and telling me how wonderful and beautiful and sexy i am all day. It's nice to hear, but i just feel that once i am out of town, i'll be "out of sight, out of mind", though he claims he wants to work it all out. I'm being very cautious.<BR>There will be computers where im going, so i'll check in here from time to time. Pray the drive is uneventful (with a baby and a toddler? am i insane?!?!?!?)(san fransisco to houston with a few days in phoenix...yes, i am DESPARATE to escape. lol).<BR>hugs to all,<BR>julie

R
RWD Offline
R
julie,<P>Have fun on your trip and try not to worry about the d. Your lawyer will take care of all of that.<P>Bob

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation