Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
You know what is weird...<P>After being on these different forums and reading all of your posts, and either just lurking, posting or replying, and feeling I know a little more about the people here...<P>Now when I read someone's post, in my mind I can imagine what your voices sound like as I'm reading and even what you all might look like. Does anyone else do this? What do I sound like to you? Ok, be nice, don't hurt my feelings.<P>Kathy

711 Offline
Well, if you can guess what I look like, I will be kind of freaked out. But, it would be fun to test out your theory. So, what do you think?<P>I actually have envisioned some of the people here so I don't think it is so strange what you have said.<P>

M
M
Kathy,<P>OMG! I do the same thing! It's soo weird! It's almost like having a phone conversation with someone I've known for years. <P>I guess you're not the only one! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Mitzi

S
S
Yes, So true. I Hope you are having a great day.

B
B
I do it too! You get a feel for a persons personality, and you just can't help it...<P>I'd be interested to know what everyone really looks like.... and to know what everyone thinks I look like (I think [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]).<P>B

P
P
I could be really off base here, but I imagine Catnip as having cats. Maybe because of her name, but I imagine her as living in a comfortable house with flowers growing wildly all around. Not untamed and overgrown, but in abundance and with a planned but natural look. I imagine her house to be lived-in and comfortable. The kind of house with a newpaper or magazine rack next to an easy chair. A tea pot always on the stove to welcome company. An Afghan thrown across the couch. I imagine she wears comfortable clothes and has a warm and friendly voice with a big hearty laugh that fills the room.<P>Wonder how close I am? I wonder how I am pictured?

W
W
You all are not the only ones.........<P>This is just tooo funny. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Hope you all are having a good one!<P>Take it easy..........<P>Gina [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P><P>------------------<BR>"If we deny love that is given to us,if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss,then our lives will be empty,our loss greater!"-----Anonymous----

W
OP Offline
W
I think a lot has to do with the choice of username.<P>I picture Girlfriend as an African-American woman who isn't afraid to say it just how she thinks.<P>I picture RWD as maybe 40ish, tall husky guy with a deep barritone voice. I don't know why.<P>I picture Lor to be actually a lot like myself.<P>I picture TheStudent to be a bit younger (early 30's), someone who would have a library of interesting books (username probably has something to do with that), someone whose up on stuff like the latest music, hair styles, clothes.<P>If I think of anymore, I'll add them later.

G
G
I hope it doesnt go by usernames...... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] <P>

C
C
Popeye is either clairvoyant and could get a second job reading tea leaves or she has a crystal ball in her purse...or she's been to my house. I am blown away...it is exactly as you described, Popeye. The flowers, the furniture...the afghan, for crying out loud.<P>People tell me I look like and have mannerisms like a dark haired Goldie Hawn. Or Hedy Lamar, some ancient actress from the forties. David looks a little like a bearded Gregory Harrison, that guy that plays psychotics in made for TV movies. David has a gray beard and brown hair and I think he's a hell of a lot better looking than Mr. Harrison, however, the difference is that Harrison's psychosis is just acting. LOL <P>I have met Bystander and he's the Michael J. Fox type. HE says my personality reminds him of Sally Fields. His wife looks like Jaime Lee Curtis, but when I saw her picture, she looked more like a young Susan St. James to me.<P>Although I am currently sans cats, my name is in tribute to my beloved cat who died in 1987 (a long time to mourn a pet) But, my cat wasn't just any cat. I am convinced he was the most intelligent animal on the planet. We had 'conversations', he and I. He was a huge yellow tabby with an amazing ringed tail, a piece of ear missing (he was a scrapper) and a scar across his nose. He was more affectionate than any dog I have ever owned and ten times smarter. He died when he was thirteen and I still miss him and he is still the topic of many family conversations to this day! <P>I see Popeye as mid-thirties and fit, fit, fit. Two piece business suits during the day and jeans or running clothes on off time. I see her house as substantial and contemporary with great cars parked in the driveway. I see her as very attractive (sandy thick hair?) and cool on the outside but warm and mushy inside. I have thought that she chose the name Popeye because like Popeye says, "I yam what I yam" and because of her incredible strength. I see 'poorme' as looking like one of those pretty muscle boys on a soap opera, stuffed into a three piece suit.<P>I see Texasgirl as looking like Debra Winger. I see Medic as tall and lanky and maybe looks a little like Kevin Spacey. I see Student the same way as Weirded Out does. I see Nellie as a Jessica Lange type in O Pioneers, I see Lor as looking like my friend Sharon; blonde, in shape, great personality and warm and thoughtful...and a great conversationalist. <P>This is fun...I see pollypurebred as a young Kate Hepburn...must be the name.<P>I hope everyone posts and tells us who they resemble the most in looks and personality so we can get a good idea of what they are like. <P>Catnip =^^=

P
P
I see The Student as a Tracy Chapman type- tough, functional clothing, no nonsense. Her long hair is in a wash and wear style. Sensible leather shoes or boots. Nice childbearing hips (that is a compliment in my culture, so please don't get bent out of shape). No or little make-up.<P>Wouldn't I die if she were a pixy blonde, with a fear of mice? A Bo Peep type! hahaha!

L
L
this is sad, but think of each person as someone i know or knew mostly based on their name...like nellie1 looks like a nellie i knew in high school, and trustntruth must look like a great strong gal i knew in college, and thestudent is like a brainy churchy girl i knew once....it goes on...but, i wonder why we keep mentioning thestudent?.....hmmmmmmm

W
OP Offline
W
Goober - I'm dying laughing!!

W
OP Offline
W
Ok, I just thought of another one. When I read posts from grandpabri, I think of that one old guy on "Hee Haw" whose name I don't remember. I just do because of the username.<P>I hope no one has been insulted - no harm intended.

C
C
We mention the Student because she's mysterious, intelligent and has an edge to her. She's made up her mind and nothing's going to change it. <P>Catnip =^^=

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation