Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#666617 08/04/00 07:43 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Bernzini mentioned something the OW was saying to her H to intrigue him:<P>"She was nearing menopause. She flaunted the fact that it "was okay, honey, you can't get me pregnant! Those parts don't work anymore." I know, because I read the e-mail. Just what I always wanted to know about someone else's reproductive ability. I guess I can count myself fortunate."<P>The OW intruding in my life had a favorite phrase that she figured out my H wanted to hear (obviously seeing his mid-life crisis). She would always write and say, "Life's short, have some fun."<P>It's like nails on a chalkboard now when I hear someone say "have fun" anymore. What was your OP's favorite montra that drives you up the wall now. (Of course, this does boil up bad memories and feelings, so ignore this post if you wish).<P>

T
T
I don't remember the OM's mantra, but my ex used to say:<P>"Obtain wealth, THEN virtue."<P>and also:<P>"My goal in life is to be happy and have fun."

K
K
My stbx's OW kept congratulating him on all the "positive" changes he was making in his life. You know, like abandoning the wife and kids. (go figure) Well, he bought it. It's hard to believe I used to think he was a smart man. <P>------------------<BR>Blessed be.<BR>****************<BR>Keridwen<P>Keridwen_7@yahoo.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My x posts on a newsgroup..which is where he met the OW...after the first discovery, the counselor told him if he would not give up the online stuff, he had to share it completely with me, like an open book. So he had me read his posts so I would know he was not contacting her...<BR>He started writing at the end of his posts, the initials TMGFL....someone asked him what that met, he said " the mans' game for life"...<BR>Whe I found out it was still going on, and her H and I were talkiing, he told we what it REALLY meant..."Tamis' my girl for life".Man, talk about just crushing me....I don't read it anymore.....<P>------------------<BR>Susan<p>[This message has been edited by sue (edited August 08, 2000).]

M
M
My stbx didn't really have a saying or anything during the affair or break-up of our marriage. But his mantra for his life has definately been "Party Till You Puke!" And that's what he did...night after night...What a loser!!!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

G
G
Hmmm...my stbx used to say all the time while we were together, "no divorce, only homicide." Maybe I should take her up on this??? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 772 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation