Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#666698 08/06/00 02:07 PM
N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Until the UBB software gets updated... (fixed)...<P>Check out===> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000254.html" TARGET=_blank>Profiles</A>.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

W
W
NSR:<P>I don't even know how to look up anybody's profile. I'm sure mine is reallly old.<P>I think we should have a reunion somewhere and meet everyone in person. We should figure out where everyone interested lives, and whoever lives in the middle should pick a place and then everyone needs to come. It's an idea, not based in financial reality (for me at least), but it would be fun.<P>I would love to know how to access profiles, so if you could tell me how to do that it would be great.<P>Kathy

G
G
How about some other kind of site. Yahoo offers free web sites for clubs. One can post updates, pictures, etc. We could also make it by invitation only, so we would be safe from prying eyes.<P>Waddya think?

D
D
Grand pabri,<P>I'd do it, I'd like to post some pics and inspirational stuff.<P>Dana<P>

W
W
Middle of the country, Omaha, St. Louis, Chicago, New Orleans, St. Paul and invite the Harley's.<P>Middle of the winter, when the weather has us down.<P>Fly in on a Saturday, back out Sunday at our leisure.<P>Saturday night dinner, then entertainment of some kind.<P>who wants to book the location, and ask the Harley's?<P>thl<BR>

C
C
About the middle of the winter, we would need to see about snow ins. All of us are probably too broke to afford extra bills.<P>I'm a lousy organizer and I'll admit it but I will say that I live in Nashville where we have tons of places to stay, airport, and three major interstates. Tons of touristy stuff. I will admit, though, to being biased against those things which reak of country music. Also have a lot of other stuff here.

N
NSR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
The UBB 'system' Profiles are not functioning...<BR>(i.e. 'My Story' doesn't display)<P>So I have another thread to which you can post 'your story' ===> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000254.html" TARGET=_blank>Profiles</A>.<P>Additionally other thread where you can give more information about yourself...<BR>===> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000037.html" TARGET=_blank>Roll Call</A><BR>===> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum28/HTML/000367.html" TARGET=_blank>"New" E-Mail Exchange"</A><P>I will check on these periodically and keep the listing updated(and in alphabetical order) in ===> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000166.html" TARGET=_blank>Roll Call Index</A>...<BR>...and it is here where you can click on " [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]" and " [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]" icons to get these 'profiles' quickly!<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

B
B
Hey suggestion...Omaha is a great city, course I live here, but lots to do, great facilities to hold something. I would love to meet this group well those that wanna come.<P>I'd be more then willing to help set something up here if others are interested in this!<P>Just an idea! Good Airport, can get decent airfare. 6 1/2 hrs from Minneapolis, 8 from Chicago and Denver, 3 1/2 from Kansas City<P>I have recieved so much help from you people that would enjoy a weekend outing! Nice hotels, restaurants, art, pubs, whatever...EXCELLENT ZOO built up by Mutual of Omaha (you know Marlin Perkins' Wild Kingdom) TV show for us "youthful" people...hahaha<P>if there is a will, can definately be away. I would even work with the MB people ie the Harleys on this!<P>Drew [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

W
W
This sounds fun, but the bigger a deal it becomes, the farther it is out of my reach! Never been to Omaha, wouldn't mind seeing it. Sounds great. Chicago is good for me, have family there that can watch the kids and it's drivable. Lots of us are being creamed financially, so it would be tough I think to get a lot of people interested. Still, it could be fun. How cool it would be to put faces with usernames. We could all wear our stupid nametags. Wow, think of all the trouble we could all get in. Somehow, I don't think the Harley's would think this is a very good idea.<P>------------------<P>Kathy<p>[This message has been edited by weirded out (edited August 07, 2000).]

B
B
LOL...well he may not, but I guess we can do it on our own, I can get a cheap flight to Chicago. 90 bucks sometimes, so up to everyone what will be easiest, Omaha is just an idea [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Drew

D
D
LOLOL<P>Drew you have taken over Jims post,start a new one!!!!!!!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Priceline.com either by computer or phone offers cheap flights too. I would be interested in meeting up with fellow MBers, I have already met up with Mitzi!<P>I'm coming from NY but if its not too far and I have a few months to save, I'll be there!<BR>Dana<BR>

B
B
Dana,<BR>"Wierded Out" and "Whenifindthetime" started it all, I am just messenger and idea boy...LOL<P>Just offering my ideas...LOL<P>Someone start a thread talking about it and seeing where people that WANT to come will be willing to go.<P>Love to see what happens, and meet YOU ALL<P>Drew [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>PS...how is Tay Tay?? [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by Blue Drew (edited August 08, 2000).]

C
C
Ok - if I had someone to work with, I'd try to set something up in Nashville. We're within a 1 day drive of over 1/2 the population of the U.S. based on statistics I've heard. Athens of the South. Forget getting tickets to Titans game though. New public art museum opening next year maybe this winter. Music. Met someone from Australia who said the things that she marvelled at about Nashville were how horrible the driving was and how good the dining was. <P>I will confess that I am a better "gopher" than I am a planner. That's why I'm afraid to do it all myself. I'm a good worker though if I know what is expected of me.

R
RWD Offline
R
Depending on how many people would attend, most hotels would handle the arrangements.<P>You just tell them how many and when, and they can set it up.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation