Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#666756 08/08/00 12:57 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Hello all,<P>I know its been a few months since I've updated you all. But for those of you that remember me, I just wantedto let you all know that I am doing okay and that all of you here are in my prayers. I miss and love all of you.<P>Well my H has gone to his new duty station in Fl. I'm still in NC with my daughter and I'm currently 6 moths pregnant with a baby boy due in Nov. It's been tough with the emotional ups and downs. My h has stated that he will not file for divorce, but only for financial reasons. I am not happy with this, but I'm really not emoytionally capable of filing myself right now. So in the mean time I am trying to let God be God and just live for me, my daughter, and my soon to be. I'm on light duty at workright now, so I can typemuch. Write back sooon [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR><B>Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

#666757 08/07/00 03:05 PM
K
K
Hi jamie-lee...<P>It is good to hear you are alive and well. I really wish your H was in a different frame of mind, but YOU sound strong & good, and that's the important point. <P>I know whatever happens, your new son will be a blessing!<P>Hugs--<P>Kathi<P>

#666758 08/07/00 03:41 PM
C
C
I'm sorry that things are not going as well as you would like but you sound like you're handling it fairly well. I hope you have a good support system around you and a church family too.<P>There have been times when my children were the only reason I could face each new day. Though I would have spared them what I, and they, have been through, I know they were sent to me as blessings from God. He has never rescued me from my situation but He has given me strength to ask for help from others or to find a path through whatever darkness I encountered.<P>Enjoy your children. They truly grow up too fast. Each night when I tuck mine in I remind them that I love them:<BR> as high as the sky<BR> as deep as the sea<BR> as wide as the whole world<BR> as long as forever<BR> as true as can be<P>And the only persons who love them more are God and Jesus.<P><BR>

#666759 08/10/00 01:35 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Kathi,<P>It's nice to hear from you. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] I've been up anddown in emotions, but I think I'm doing well overall. <P>Cinderella,<P>I haven'tposted here in a while and unfortunately I don'tknow your story but you will definitely be added tomy prayers. Thank youforyour encouragement and sorry you have to be here.<P>To Everyone:<BR>My home PC is getting fixed. i shouldbe able to keep in touch with everyone much better once it is fixed, but for now I can only check messages from work. <P>Once again, I miss all of you. And thankyou for the continuous emails and support!!<P>------------------<BR><B>Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

#666760 08/10/00 08:39 PM
W
W
Hey Jamie,<P>Glad to hear you are surviving through all of this...<P>I wish I knew what more to say other than hang in there...<P>Love Ya,<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR><P>May the roads rise to meet you,<BR>May the winds always be at your back,<BR>May the sun shine warm upon your face,<BR>The rains fall soft upon your fields,<BR>And until we meet again,<BR>May god hold you<BR>In the hollow of his hand.

#666761 08/10/00 08:56 PM
W
W
Thought you might like this....The Serenity Prayer<BR>(full text)<BR>GOD, grant me the serenity <BR>to accept the things I cannot change,<BR>Courage to change the things I can,<BR>and the wisdom to know the difference.<BR>Living ONE DAY AT A TIME;<BR>Enjoying one moment at a time; <BR>Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.<BR>Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, <BR>not as I would have it. <BR>Trusting that He will make all things right <BR>if I surrender to His Will; <BR>That I may be reasonably happy in this life,<BR>and supremely happy with Him forever in the next .<BR>Amen <BR>Reinhold Neibuhr-1926 <P>

#666762 08/15/00 12:20 AM
J
OP Offline
J
Bill [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Great to hear from you. I've been awful with keeping in touch. I'm glad to see you didn't forget about me either. Hows it going. Is R still being a [censored]. How's your daughter (A)? Anyways, getway is taking FOREVER to fix my computer, hopefully it won't be much longer now!<P>Thanks for the full text version. I never heard the whole thing before.<P>------------------<BR><B>Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com

#666763 08/15/00 09:04 PM
C
C
Hi Jamie!<P>Gosh, it's good to hear from you! Been thinking about you and your family.<P>How's the pregnancy going? Are you feeling ok?<P>God does know what He is doing. One day you will see this!<P>Keep us posted and take care of yourself and your little ones.<P>God Bless,<BR>Cheryl

#666764 08/16/00 02:41 AM
N
N
Hello to the beautiful Jamie-Lee,<P>So good to hear from you! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I have thought of you often... been going through my own private little hell so have been very selfish lately...<P>I do care, and my prayers are with you and your family. I haven't forgotten about you either!<P>Sheryl

#666765 08/16/00 07:08 AM
M
M
Jamie-Lee,<P>Great to hear from you!! <P>Keep yourself healthy and take care of Tamia. (and the little one on the way!)<P>(((((HUGS)))))<BR>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

#666766 08/16/00 01:54 PM
N
N
Hi Sweetie!<P>I don't post or reply that much anymore (mostly a lurker now), but I couldn't pass up replying to your Post.<P>I thought about you and wondered how things are going. I'm so sorry to hear that your H has relocated to another state and that he still hasn't woken up yet. I just don't understand his reluctance to work on the marriage.<P>You are a very strong person to be surviving this. I don't know what more to say except to enjoy your daughter and your pregnancy. Your baby boy will be such a joy. I just know it.<P>Stay strong and keep us updated. You haven't been forgotten and I will keep you in my prayers.

#666767 08/16/00 08:23 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Cheryl,<BR>I read your post on the GQ Forum. I am so happy for you [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Yes I do believe God knows what he's doing. You're right, I don't see it yet [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] , but I do trust Him!!<P>Sheryl,<BR>I too think of you often. You remain in my prayers, my heart, and my thoughts. I really hope you are doing okay. I know you closed your old email account, but mine is still the same. Drop me a line sometime to let me how you are doing. STAY ENCOURAGED!!<P>Mitzi,<BR>What a nice surpise to hear from you as well. I do hope you are doing okay. I have to get caught up with what going on with you and everyone since I've been gone. But you have also been in my prayers during my absence. You heard from Lesa (LMS)? <P>No Trust,<BR>WOW!! How are you? I hope that recovery is now WEDDED BLISS for you!!! Thanks for the encouragement. It means alot to me. It really does!<P><BR>------------------<BR><B>Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...Courage to change the things I can...And the wisdom to know the difference.</B><P>lady_divine77@yahoo.com<p>[This message has been edited by jamie-lee (edited August 16, 2000).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 701 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation